⭐⭐⭐O' FISHL⭐⭐⭐ SNF IGT: Bears @ Texans (Best Mistake You Ever Made Edition)

Who wins?

• Bears

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Texans

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Bears for trading the first overall pick to the Panthers

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Texans for losing the first overall pick to the Bears

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Jenkins isn’t good, not sure why people love this guy.

They don't. They love cheap oline.
Look back at the history of Bears fans and oline and that's the pattern. It's with all offense but it's really obvious with oline.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Zero blame on Caleb tonight. I thought he played a hell of game considering all the hits he took. This was an oline disaster tonight and has been through the first 2 games.
Caleb deserves his fair share of blame but he’s also a rookie and learning. O line and play calling were god awful.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Caleb deserves his fair share of blame but he’s also a rookie and learning. O line and play calling were god awful.
he has a history of success against college defenses. now he's playing NFL defenses. it's probably going to get worse unless Waldron gets it together better. defensive head coach with a castoff offensive coordinator from a team that's been bad for like most of the last decade probably isn't going to work very well for young Caleb Williams. Titans are meh, but Texans are a decent team on the rise so losing by 6 in an AFC game isn't the end of the universe. next week dudes.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The colts almost have to be a better matchup for this o line next week as this will be the first non top 5 d line the bears face. Especially with Buckner being injured

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
he has a history of success against college defenses. now he's playing NFL defenses. it's probably going to get worse unless Waldron gets it together better. defensive head coach with a castoff offensive coordinator from a team that's been bad for like most of the last decade probably isn't going to work very well for young Caleb Williams. Titans are meh, but Texans are a decent team on the rise so losing by 6 in an AFC game isn't the end of the universe. next week dudes.
I’m not saying it’s the end for Caleb at all. He made his fair share of mistakes and deserves blame for that. Do I think he can learn, yes. Do I think he will get better behind this OL and with Waldron calling plays, no.

Liked Posts:
No matter how bad the Bears oline played, they were in a winnable game with a Super Bowl contender. The bad news, it is going to be hard to fix that oline until the trade deadline.
Any idiot with an IQ above ground level could have told you that the offensive line was going to have their hands full tonight, and Caleb Williams was going to struggle against the blitz.

Shane Waldron did neither any favors. Why would you call streaks, go routes and plays down the field that take way too long to open up on countless short yardage situations and 3rd and short?

Where are the slants? Where are the crossing patterns from bunch formations in short yardage situations?

Nevermind the one cut zone run plays that take too long to get the ball to the LOS.

They left alot of yards on the field with terrible play calling on offense.

Caleb Williams looks awful and I wouldnt want Loyd and Harry anywhere near his pro level development.

We could have had Harbaugh TWICE and instead the MCCASKEYS rewarded your loyalty with this shit. Again!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Houston is the better team all around. I'm nevertheless seeing some concerning things.
  1. The line. I know I sound like a broken record, because I've been calling it out for what I feel like is eons, but the line is not good.
  2. CW's accuracy goes down the more he gets hit. Maybe that's true with all QBs
  3. Too many lateral to the line-of-scrimmage plays, against a team known for lateral pursuit. The play-calling has not been good.
  4. I am not seeing any receiver separate on deep passes. The times someone does separate, the throw is off or the receiver runs the wrong pattern
  5. CW played like a rookie. Took chances trying to be a hero when he shouldn't have. I do believe he'll learn from these.
Same thing we say for every rookie QB that comes through here. Bears are already doing to Caleb exactly what they've done to every other QB. I fully expect an entirely new staff in here next year so we can do the 2 systems in 2 years thing too.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Same thing we say for every rookie QB that comes through here. Bears are already doing to Caleb exactly what they've done to every other QB. I fully expect an entirely new staff in here next year so we can do the 2 systems in 2 years thing too.
I’d be 100% ok with this if they bring in a legit OC with a proven track record as HC. Someone like Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik. That might solve the play calling issues but Poles will still have a lot of work to do fixing the o line. Thats if he knows how to do that.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We had a shot to win. That's way more than I thought was going to happen. DEF is elite. OL is not good. Scheming was bad, come on, coach. Baby steps. We faced a REALLY stout DEF. We'll look better vs. other teams, worse teams, but yes, long-term, the OL is a major concern. I'd go OL with all three picks next year.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Eberflus said. “We’re always working to solve problems and get better every single week,”

I guess working without an idea what you are doing wont make you better, there are limits to everything..

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Let’s get the win so we can alll complain all week with full bellies!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Imagine wasting a 1st on a backup RB when you paid Monty already.