1/4 Season Report Card: Ryan Pace

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Windy, I wish you would have added Leno in the mix somewhere. He stepped in and played some very solid LT against some better than average DE's and OLB's last week. He may be a real "sleeper" or "surprise" depending upon how long Bushrod is out and how he developes.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
We all know who I think the GM should've been

Hint: Rhymes with Mallard

My grade so far for Pace D-

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I think those extra 6th rounders will come in handy to move up in the draft to get the guys they want.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
As much as I like the OP and know we need to talk about something, I do think it's wayyy too early to put some grades on many of the moves he has made and CERTAINLY too early to ascertain how he is doing overall. Let's see how this offense looks with 5-8 games WITH CUTLER under its belt and the defense with 3-4 more games and a solidifies starting lineup before even attempting to make this judgments.

At least that's my take...

The coaching has been clearly dramatically upgraded though.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you read the OP? He didn't really grade anything.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Did you read the OP? He didn't really grade anything.

Yes, read OP and say some sort of grade/judgement places over a series of moves listed.

Perhpas, AGAIN, you need to read more closely.

Here is some help:

"Strong Moves"

What did you have listed on your report cards? I happened to have grades and assessments on mine,.....

Here is a quote from OP...

The Quarter Season Report Card: Ryan Pace

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, read OP and say some sort of grade/judgement places over a series of moves listed.

Perhpas, AGAIN, you need to read more closely.

Here is some help:

What did you have listed on your report cards? I happened to have grades and assessments on mine,.....

Here is a quote from OP...

lol, ok

Don't know about you, but report cards I've seen tend to have more than"strong moves". Oh and grades. They usually got that.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unknown or Questionable

​Not Moving Kyle Long

Why the Bears did not move him during the preseason is beyond me as it would have given him time to adjust when the games did not matter. Instead he is moved week 1 and has had some rough moments as he learns.

Khari Lee

He is active and plays as the 3rd TE, which is pretty good for an UDFA that your traded for, but I have not see much of him on special teams. Lee looks like he can block, but we have not see him get a target or make much of an impact on special teams which makes a 6th round pick a little rich for me.

Alan Ball

I will be honest I was expecting a little more from him after getting 3 million in free agency. He has been alright, but he has given up too many receptions without the big plays. Ball has not been bad, but I do not see him as a guy you extend or bring back in 2016.

Vlad Ducasse

Mediocre play and a ton of penalties make Ducasse a questionable signing. I know that he was not suppose to play, but relying on Mills, Ducasse, and Leno was a mistake on the rightside of the line and the Bears could have used more of an investment in the position.

Tayo Fabujule

This grade is incomplete, but it is a positive sign that he was active last week. There is clearly a lot of physical talent here, but we have seen so little of him and he is a player to keep an eye on if he continues in his 3rd tackle role while Leno is starting.

Kevin White

This grade is incomplete because of injury, but anytime your top 10 pick does not play a snap it is a concern. This is going to end up being a wasted year for White and the Bears could really use him right now. Hard to assess where you are at on offense, what to do with Jeffery long term, and Ryan Pace's drafting without seeing White.

Hroniss Grasu

The fact that their is debate about Grasu stepping in for Montgonery is disappointing considering that he is a top 80 pick and the Bears have a huge need on the OL. I am not saying Grasu won't be a good player, but Jamon Brown, John Miller, Darryl Williams and Tre Jackson were all drafted after him and have been starting the entire season. Grasu may turn out to be a good player, but a top 80 pick on a guy this far from contributing?

Mason Foster

It was not that Foster getting vet minimum was a bad investment it is that the Bears are razor thin at ILB and neither of their starters is having much of an impact. The Bears primary backups right now are Timu an UDFA and Barrow, who combined have 0 starts and no defensive experience to speak of. As mediocre as McClellin and Jones have been imagine if one of them was to get hurt.

Jimmy Clausen

I do not care if Fox liked this guy or whatever the reasoning for keeping Clausen. He is a complete joke of an NFL QB and if his 1-11 record is not bad enough actually watching him is about as painful an experience as you can have. He provides the Bears 0 chance of winning. There had to be a better option for a backup considering the amount of time that Jay has missed.
Little confused in the whole not moving Long thing falling at Pace's feet. His job is to provide the personnel. It is the coach's job to decide who plays, and how they are played.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TapatPace's

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
giphy.gif

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stop antagonizing, bozo.
Don't you have some more half decade old threads to dig up?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
SO, back on topic, I'd give Pace a C+ so far for his free agent signings and coaching hires. Draft will take a couple year to evaluate.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously we have seen that the coaching has been a huge upgrade and he has been able to restore some professionalism to the team.

This is going to be a tough job to rebuild, but Fox and company should keep it from being ugly or an embarrassment.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize adding 10 lbs of muscle would likely take around 2 years right?

Why would it take a 24 year old kid 2 years to put on ten lbs of muscle? If the guy is a good enough athlete to make the NFL, his genes should allow fast muscle growth with proper diet and training. He isn't a bodybuilder, so he doesn't need a lean 10 lbs. He needs to be stronger to do his job, so if it takes some fat to do it, he shouldn't care.

This makes me question Oregon's S&C plan. No way a rookie OL should lack weight room development. I've heard multiple NFL vets say they were their strongest as rooks before the NFL wear and tear.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why would it take a 24 year old kid 2 years to put on ten lbs of muscle? If the guy I'd a good enough athlete to make the NFL, his genes should allow fast muscle growth with proper diet and training. He isn't a bodybuilder, so he doesn't need a lean 10 lbs. He needs to be stronger to do his job, so if it takes some fast to do it, he shouldn't care.

This makes me question Oregon's S&C plan. No way a rookie OL should lack weight room development. I've heard multiple NFL vets say they were their strongest as rooks before the NFL wear and tear.
I'd like to see that last sentence referenced somewhere. Guys tend to get naturally stronger into their late 20s if they continue to work out or participate until then. Oregon's line was about quick reps and movement against other guys not of NFL strength. You know, those college guys that still go to class and no one expects to be NFL ready.