2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

BearUp

Liked Posts:
I still think the main problem with Cutler is arrogance. I have played on teams before and arrogance seems nearly impossible to correct. I suspect vs the 49ers we will see Cutler handing the ball off TOO MUCH. I think we will see some sacks from him holding the ball TOO LONG. I think we see him playing routes TOO TIGHT. This can result in Cutler having solid numbers 22/33, 208 YDS, 1 TD, 0 INT and the rest of the team looking like they are the problem. In my experience and this is only my personal opinion based on my limited experience (I am not claiming to be an expert, just a fan) arrogance tends to swing from extreme to extreme with little middle ground. Arrogance tends to cause division and descent. Arrogance at QB tends to draw a "it's all his fault (L)" or an "it's all his doing (W)" reaction. Again, I am just here as a fan to share, learn, vent, and have fun. But I thought I would throw in my 1.5 cents... I don't have a full two to give yet! :)

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't even know who the "Cutler Haters" are. Besides Spartan and some guy that calls himself Atilla, and that Josh MckownFTW guy, most posters want to see Cutler succeed. I think the fanboys are just making shit up to feel special.

You can add mick and bearshomer

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can add mick and bearshomer

LOL I don't hate him. I speak honestly about him and more and more posters are starting to get that and see my point. Soon it's just going to be you and Midway left doing this whole "You hate Cutler and want him to fail" nonsense.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears' issues start with Jay Cutler

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4694170/bears-issues-start-with-jay-cutler

By Michael C. Wright | ESPN.com

CHICAGO -- An examination of what the Chicago Bears must do after their 23-20 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills: Coach Marc Trestman defended Jay Cutler in the aftermath of the quarterback’s two interceptions Sunday that led to points.

Cutler
But if the Bears expect to succeed against San Francisco on the road Sunday night, the coach needs to administer some tough love to his $126 million quarterback behind closed doors, in addition to preparing potential replacements along the offensive line and at receiver as contingency plans for injuries, while cracking the whip on the club’s porous run defense.

That’s quite a bit to accomplish in three days of prep time, but Trestman and the staff need to cover as much ground as possible.

“As I told the guys, it’s continuity football,” Trestman said. “It’s all about team. All three phases are involved in this game. We’ve got to accept responsibility, and that starts with me.”

The Bears turned the ball over three times, leading to 13 points, and the Bills needed to move the ball a total of 58 yards to put those points on the board. That's too easy for Buffalo; too hard on Chicago’s embattled defense.

Cutler’s INTs came on a pass thrown behind Martellus Bennett, while the other throw to the tight end -- which was picked off by defensive tackle Kyle Williams -- should never have been attempted. It’s one thing to try to make a play. But in crucial situations, smart football rules the day.

Had Cutler simply thrown it away instead of forcing the throw on his second INT, the Bears would have had one more down to try to win the game. Trestman also could have helped Cutler on the second INT, which came on third-and-1 in the fourth quarter in Buffalo territory, by making a better play call like a simple run as opposed to the bootleg, which exposes the quarterback to potential punishment, not to mention turnovers.

Trestman and the offensive staff also need to prepare potential replacements for Roberto Garza, Matt Slauson and Alshon Jeffery to take on more significant roles if the trio is forced to miss time.

Defensively, the Bears gave up 193 yards on the ground, including Fred Jackson’s 38-yard burst that set up the game-winning field goal. Take away Jackson’s 38-yard run and Anthony Dixon’s 47-yard jaunt, and the Bears would have surrendered 108 yards on 31 attempts. That’s still too much.

“We didn’t play disciplined football for four quarters, and it hurt us,” defensive end Lamarr Houston said. “We were in a good position to get them stopped, but once again, we lacked in the discipline area. We have to do our jobs, know our jobs, and just play disciplined football.”

That applies in all three phases.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Was Cutler beaten as a child?

Well.... what you guys think?

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Michael C Wright is an absolute idiot. Are you posting this because you relate to him?

What a waste of time this article is..

Trump32

Liked Posts:
I would beat anyone abusing the forum to trot out the same, overdone, underthought agenda time after time.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Definitely. Anything that made him a better football player then he is now.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Michael C Wright is an absolute idiot. Are you posting this because you relate to him?

What a waste of time this article is..

Does it make you want to beat Child-Cutler with a belt?

Reactions: WCL

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Ban!

We need some sort of minimum standard to post things.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I find this thread offensive