2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty much all Cutler threads were merged here.

You mods do a fantastic job of keeping the board nice and clean. Thanks!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cutler...

Straight up vintage Cutler. He got popped, stayed in and manned up. Almost as good his on field performance was his 'don't care' look on the sidelines while he's lighting up one of the feared defenses in the NFL.

Anyway, he was on yesterday and when that happens with those physical receivers that offense is tough to stop.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Straight up vintage Cutler. He got popped, stayed in and manned up. Almost as good his on field performance was his 'don't care' look on the sidelines while he's lighting up one of the feared defenses in the NFL.

Anyway, he was on yesterday and when that happens with those physical receivers that offense is tough to stop.

TYVM

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I wonder if those fucking wimps who were on him after his NFC Championship MCL tear would've been able to take a spear to the chest and lead their teams to victory?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if it was by design, but they came out in the 2nd half dumping lots of passes for minimal yards. I think this gave Jay just enough confidence to get over that hurdle he was stuck behind in the first half.

Either way, I tip my hat to a great game by Jay!

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
While I think he still ended up having a a great game, I still have tons of concerns. I lost track of how many times he threw off his back foot and he should've been picked three times from what I remember.

That was still one of the gutsiest performances I've seen from any QB in recent memory.

Nick80

dude, I clicked on yours incorrectly. sorry brah

I'm still swimming in a sea of no good #thankbangs yet, give it time and I'll pop a blue one your way, not sure how long I gotta wait. Bloody got carried away didn't I? .. I'm such a gaggle of fucktards.

Sorry Bam.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
tumblr_mbrprhSs2n1qfr6udo2_400.gif

ole fuckin Ernest. lol

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I was sick as a dog yesterday and watched the game laying down on the couch wrapped in a blanket, but I sure felt better seeing the team come back with balls in the 2nd half. What a way to regroup and man up, I had them losing this game 28-14, so glad to be wrong. Fuller is the real deal, Briggs came to play with Jared Allen, and B mash and Jeffrey are fucking warriors..this is a real boost of confidence for a much maligned defense, and Cutler was great, he took a heel of a shot, sucked it up and helped win in San Fran for the first time since 85..Fuckin awesome...Oh and Willie Young is the beast we hoped he would be..

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
McCown would have never had the Bears down 17-0 in the first place
How many TD passes did McNown throw against the Rams at home yesterday? Just wondering, since you're so convinced he would have done better than zero points.

If you could point out to me the last time he threw 4 TD passes vs. no INTs in just over 2 qtrs., that would be great, too.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I mean it's true Cutler has only played well in two of the eight quarters of football that he's played in this season...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler did absolutely nothing to win this game. Infact we won despite his horrible play today. He overthrew almost all passes to Alshon, almost overthrew a TD pass to Marshall..

Cutler threw 3 TD passes tonight and they were all pretty much handee to him in the redzone by our defense.
I ve been saying it for 5 years niw.
This twitching motherfucker is incapable of driving our offense from our territory to the opponents end zone..
Even kaepernick held the ball for 6 to 7 minutes in 4th quarter getting all first downs, bringing his team from own 20 for a touchdown.

All you cutler lover wishful thinking bears fans are the reason why this city never makes it to the playoffs. Stop supporting this bum.. and i hate the fact that this so called quarterback is getting all the credit for todays win. What a joke

LOL, this is the kind of crap that doesn't help objective discussion.

Yes he was off early, but so was the whole offense. The receivers were jogging their routes, the SF defense swarmed Forte out of the game, and nothing clicked at all, but from the moment Cutler took the helmet to his sternum, it was a different game and Cutler played like a different player.

Yes the defense played lights out in the second half and the DL got the kind of pressure we've all been anticipating, but when you give Cutler the ball in good field position like that four times, you're looking for two main things.

1) Capitalize on what the defense gives you by turning the opportunities into points, preferably touchdowns.

2) Don't blow it by making mistakes, particularly turning the ball over.

Cutler did both of these things. He threw 4 TD passes and never turned the ball over. If you can't be pleased with that, you're expectations are irrational.

Last night was a great night for the defense and for Jay Cutler. Come on now.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean it's true Cutler has only played well in two of the eight quarters of football that he's played in this season...

That is two more quarters than Webb in his entire career.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Personally, I credit Fuller for the win. Though, team sport and all.

He certainly gets a big part of the credit too. I thought it was fitting that Peanut's last game of professional football was the same game as his replacement's coming out party.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Cutler showed a level of patience last night that I don't think I've seen out of him during his Chicago tenure. Other than the one deep pass to Bellamy in double coverage that Bethea should've intercepted, I don't recall him trying to force any deep/intermediate routes throughout the game. He was content to check it down to Forte and then things seemed to open up a bit in the 2nd half. It was a smart game by Cutler, and that's something we've all wanted to see. I hope he keeps it up, because that's the kind of Cutler performance that can help the Bears compete with the better teams in the league.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FAO Bearmick and the rest of you special cases on here

SUCK A FAT DICK, CHOKE ON IT

Suck a dick yourself. If you linsignificant ankle biters are going to try and take some kind of victory any time Cutler isn't shit, I should remind you that what he did last night is excatly what a franchise QB is supposed to do - take advantage of chances presented to you. You're acting like he's just won the fucking MVP.

Last edited: