2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler showed a level of patience last night that I don't think I've seen out of him during his Chicago tenure. Other than the one deep pass to Bellamy in double coverage that Bethea should've intercepted, I don't recall him trying to force any deep/intermediate routes throughout the game. He was content to check it down to Forte and then things seemed to open up a bit in the 2nd half. It was a smart game by Cutler, and that's something we've all wanted to see. I hope he keeps it up, because that's the kind of Cutler performance that can help the Bears compete with the better teams in the league.

Exactly. He played the same kind of game we applauded McCown for so often last season.

More of the same please, Jay.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cutler showed a level of patience last night that I don't think I've seen out of him during his Chicago tenure. Other than the one deep pass to Bellamy in double coverage that Bethea should've intercepted, I don't recall him trying to force any deep/intermediate routes throughout the game. He was content to check it down to Forte and then things seemed to open up a bit in the 2nd half. It was a smart game by Cutler, and that's something we've all wanted to see. I hope he keeps it up, because that's the kind of Cutler performance that can help the Bears compete with the better teams in the league.
There was a deep throw to Jeffrey that would had been intercepted if Jeffrey didnt basically become a DB on the play. If Cutler were throwing that to Johnny Knox, it would had been intercepted.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
There was a deep throw to Jeffrey that would had been intercepted if Jeffrey didnt basically become a DB on the play. If Cutler were throwing that to Johnny Knox, it would had been intercepted.

Ah, that one too.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Suck a dick yourself. If you linsignificant ankle biters are going to try and take some kind of victory any time Cutler isn't shit, I should remind you that what he did last night is exwcatly what a franchise QB is supposed to do - take advantage of changes presented to you. You're acting like he's just won the fucking MVP. To be perfectly honest, he'd have been worthy of serious criticism had he NOT put the ball in the endzone on these short fields.

I have a question mick. Are you really surprised when guys come at you like that with the way you talk to guys here and your, I am better than everybody attitude going back to the CBMB?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a question mick. Are you really surprised when guys come at you like that with the way you talk to guys here and your, I am better than everybody attitude going back to the CBMB?

I've never said i'm better than anyone, I just call it as I see it. If you have an inferiority complex that causes you to think that other people are claiming to be better than you when they aren't saying any such thing, that's your issue to deal with. I hope you can get past it because it's kind of a limp quality for a grown man to have.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I really thought that was the moment Cutler was going to start and unravel into "Screw everything. I'm going deep." Mode.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wasn't that the play where Cutler took the helmet to the chest though?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Suck a dick yourself. If you linsignificant ankle biters are going to try and take some kind of victory any time Cutler isn't shit, I should remind you that what he did last night is excatly what a franchise QB is supposed to do - take advantage of chances presented to you. You're acting like he's just won the fucking MVP.

Great game by Cutler last night. Not much to complain about. But just as Buffalo was one game, so is this. We've seen Cutler go from the highest of highest to lowest of lows. Was last night a great step forward? Yes. But it can all be undone if he reverts back to the player he has been for nine years. Right now the only pattern with Cutler is that there is no pattern.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
I've never said i'm better than anyone, I just call it as I see it. If you have an inferiority complex that causes you to think that other people are claiming to be better than you when they aren't saying any such thing, that's your issue to deal with. I hope you can get past it because it's kind of a limp quality for a grown man to have.
This is exactly what I am talking about, I ask a question and you insult me for it. A random fan on a forum has no bearing on me personally so you can carry on insulting people.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
#Bears QB Jay Cutler on criticism of defense, FS Chris Conte: “Today, I think anyone is looking to beat up anybody in the press.”

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is exactly what I am talking about, I ask a question and you insult me for it. A random fan on a forum has no bearing on me personally so you can carry on insulting people.

You directed a character accusation towards me. Don't be surpised that I defended myself. Nobody is interested in reading about who thinks what in terms of that stuff, we're talking about the Bears.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Suck a dick yourself. If you linsignificant ankle biters are going to try and take some kind of victory any time Cutler isn't shit, I should remind you that what he did last night is excatly what a franchise QB is supposed to do - take advantage of chances presented to you. You're acting like he's just won the fucking MVP.

If he keeps this up, IMO Cutler should be in conversation for that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McCown does everything better than Cutler, He would have been down 20-0.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know right? All these posters acting like Bearmick lost something last night. He seems pretty happy about Cutler's performance to me. :shrug:

I'm delighted with it.

Of course, I've always thought it utterly bizarre that anyone could be so emotional and irrational as to truly believe that the Cutler critics actually want him to do badly. Thankfully that group of people seems to have shrunk to just a handful of our most delicate posters.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm delighted with it.
Of course, I've always thought it utterly bizarre that anyone could be so emotional and irrational as to truly believe that the Cutler critics actually want him to do badly.

I dont think that at all mick, but I do think that sometimes in the past you were overly harsh and irrational with your criticism...