Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Personally, I credit Fuller for the win. Though, team sport and all.

I thought they played like the team I expected to see in the 2nd half. Offense putting up points, putting pressure on the other team, allowing the big signings to get after the QB and force TOs.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler did absolutely nothing to win this game. Infact we won despite his horrible play today. He overthrew almost all passes to Alshon, almost overthrew a TD pass to Marshall..

Cutler threw 3 TD passes tonight and they were all pretty much handee to him in the redzone by our defense.
I ve been saying it for 5 years niw.
This twitching motherfucker is incapable of driving our offense from our territory to the opponents end zone..
Even kaepernick held the ball for 6 to 7 minutes in 4th quarter getting all first downs, bringing his team from own 20 for a touchdown.

All you cutler lover wishful thinking bears fans are the reason why this city never makes it to the playoffs. Stop supporting this bum.. and i hate the fact that this so called quarterback is getting all the credit for todays win. What a joke

You are full of shit. What Jay did to the 9ers, QBs just don't do.

This D in their last meetings against:

Romo-1 TD 3 int
Rodgers-1 TD 0int
Wilson-1 TD 0 int
Luck-0 TD 0 int
Brees-1 TD 1 int
Ryan-2 TD 2 int
RGIII-0 TD 1 int

That D came out and punched the Bears O in the face, and Cutler weathered the storm, and LEAD the O to a TD on every possession from the 2 min warning of the first half, until the victory formation in the final minutes.

A franchise QB does not mean that said QB is arguably the best QB in the league. A Franchise QB is a QB who brings stability to the position (clear cut starter year in and out who is able to run the entire playbook) and give you a chance to win every game they play. Obviously they don't win every game, but going into it, you at least have a chance.

I know that the expectations for Jay, for many Bears fans is high. Anything short of a record breaking MVP season is a complete failure in their view. This is understandable. Most Bears fans don't know what a real QB is, or what Franchise means. Jay is the Best Bears' QB since Luckman. I remember the pathetic graphics that the networks would put up every time we faced Favre and the Pack, about their stability, and our QB carousel.

I was glad when we got Jay, and still am, because I know what it feels like NOT to have a franchise QB. I remember Burris, Greise, Quinn, Stewart, McNown, Ryle Ortman, etc etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He certainly gets a big part of the credit too. I thought it was fitting that Peanut's last game of professional football was the same game as his replacement's coming out party.

Felt bad for Peanut though. That guy has done nothing but put his heart out there for this team, and it was pretty tough to watch him cry on the sidelines as he's getting the news. That might be the last game of his career.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Felt bad for Peanut though. That guy has done nothing but put his heart out there for this team, and it was pretty tough to watch him cry on the sidelines as he's getting the news. That might be the last game of his career.

I think it almost certainly is, yes, unfortunately. One of the best Bears of all time and definitely one of my top 5 all time favorites.

Now Briggs is all that's left of that defense.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler is currently 7th in yards, and tied with Peyton for 1st in TDs.

He is even edging Brees, Luck, Roethlisberger, Romo and Rodgers in Passer rating.

If you take the Bears out, the Bills and the Niners gave up 10 and 17 points to their other opponents, respectively, and held opposing QBs to passer ratings of 73.5 (Bills) and 60.7 (Niners). Those are both very good defenses.

Not bad...

Last edited:

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
I mean it's true Cutler has only played well in two of the eight quarters of football that he's played in this season...

He played well in all eight quarters, unless you thnk he should be able to block and catch his own passes as well. How many drops in key situatioins last week? And where is Spurlock now?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
McCown would have never had the Bears down 17-0 in the first place

Phil-Emery.jpg

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
This season so far just shows what I've been saying since last season: Cutler is an average QB who will show you flashes of brilliance and make lots of dumb plays. Yesterday's game also exemplified why he is likely the streakiest QB in the NFL.

He is what he is.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm delighted with it.

Of course, I've always thought it utterly bizarre that anyone could be so emotional and irrational as to truly believe that the Cutler critics actually want him to do badly. Thankfully that group of people seems to have shrunk to just a handful of our most delicate posters.

Lies! You want Cutler to throw ducks all day! Admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or don't thats cool. :farley:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I thought they played like the team I expected to see in the 2nd half. Offense putting up points, putting pressure on the other team, allowing the big signings to get after the QB and force TOs.

I agree, in the second half the team played liked a quality team all around. But Fuller was the MVP IMO. Without his two picks the Bears do not win.

And Marshall. He was CO MVP.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I said didn't make things worse, I meant early on when things were bad for the offense. That wasn't a backhanded compliment, in case you took it that way.
Nah, I hear ya.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This season so far just shows what I've been saying since last season: Cutler is an average QB who will show you flashes of brilliance and make lots of dumb plays. Yesterday's game also exemplified why he is likely the streakiest QB in the NFL.

He is what he is.

This is the dumbest post I have read in a while. Please, tell me the last QB to light this incarnation of the 9ers D for 4 TDs and no picks.

And Jay has only made 1 dumb play this season (I have seen every QB make that stupid throw). Take out that one-count it 1 dumb throw in what 85 attempts, and Cutler goes from his already excellent passer rating of 99.7 to 104.7. Yeah he made the dumb throw, but he did a lot of great things in both games as well. All players have some good and some bad, but Cutler has been excellent thus far this season.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by jcut View Post
FAO Bearmick and the rest of you special cases on here

SUCK A FAT DICK, CHOKE ON IT

Suck a dick yourself. If you linsignificant ankle biters are going to try and take some kind of victory any time Cutler isn't shit, I should remind you that what he did last night is exactly what a franchise QB is supposed to do - take advantage of chances presented to you. You're acting like he's just won the fucking MVP.

exactly what a franchise QB is supposed to do