2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the dumbest post I have read in a while. Please, tell me the last QB to light this incarnation of the 9ers D for 4 TDs and no picks.

And Jay has only made 1 dumb play this season (I have seen every QB make that stupid throw). Take out that one-count it 1 dumb throw in what 85 attempts, and Cutler goes from his already excellent passer rating of 99.7 to 104.7. Yeah he made the dumb throw, but he did a lot of great things in both games as well. All players have some good and some bad, but Cutler has been excellent thus far this season.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He threw up the balll to Bellamy into double coverage towards the end of the third. Bethea should have intercepted but tossed it to the ground like a hot potato. Jay is what he is, a guy that trows a couple of picks a game if the defense is willing to catch them.That drive is where the Bears took the lead and Jay tried to abort it with a terrible choice. He just got lucky.

Jay needs a lot of help from his friends. He isn't going to drag a bad team forward by the scruff. He can help a good team and that is what he did last night. If Cox and Bethea could catch, people would be in full Jay panic.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He threw up the balll to Bellamy into double coverage towards the end of the third. Bethea should have intercepted but tossed it to the ground like a hot potato. Jay is what he is, a guy that trows a couple of picks a game if the defense is willing to catch them.That drive is where the Bears took the lead and Jay tried to abort it with a terrible choice. He just got lucky.

Jay needs a lot of help from his friends. He isn't going to drag a bad team forward by the scruff. He can help a good team and that is what he did last night. If Cox and Bethea could catch, people would be in full Jay panic.

The almost Interceptions. Gotta love em.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler Dropped Interception tally,

Since dropped ints were such a topic of conversation last season...

Here is a running tally for this year. Feel free to correct or add in the thread.

1. McKelvin in OT right in the chest (WK 1)
2 Cox drop on overthrow into double coverage in 2Q (Wk 2)
3. Bethea drop on lofted ball into double coverage in 3Q (WK 2)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/adjusted-interceptions-2013

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Interesting. Wonder how many dropped INTs Manning and McCown have.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This reminds me of a stat that my friends and I used to keep that turned me into quite the stud, if I do say so myself. The "Almost Shoulda Banged" stat. I almost shoulda banged soooooooooo many chicks. Dude. My friends were so jealous.

And the best part about it; I didn't get herpes. The worst part about it, was that I didn't get any pussy. But I almost did...

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus, not the dreaded almost-interception statistic again. OP, please go stick your head in a barrel of cat poop and think about what you have done.

This reminds me of a stat that my friends and I used to keep that turned me into quite the stud, if I do say so myself. The "Almost Shoulda Banged" stat. I almost shoulda banged soooooooooo many chicks. Dude. My friends were so jealous.

And the best part about it; I didn't get herpes. The worst part about it, was that I didn't get any pussy. But I almost did...

You fellas don't remember all the McCown haters who explained his success away with the magical dropped interception? I figured it was worth so much chatter last year, might as well get started early just in case the backup comes in and plays well again.

Nick80

Or we could not. It's not like Josh is here anymore. Seems like a blatent attempt at stirring the pot ...

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Since dropped ints were such a topic of conversation last season...

Here is a running tally for this year. Feel free to correct or add in the thread.

1. McKelvin in OT right in the chest (WK 1)
2 Cox drop on overthrow into double coverage in 2Q (Wk 2)
3. Bethea drop on lofted ball into double coverage in 3Q (WK 2)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/adjusted-interceptions-2013

Holmes fell on his route with the McKelvin almost INT. the other ones were just bad throws.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Re: JDB

Haha, good point. Then there was also the other end of the spectrum.

Alshon makes some amazing catches with McCown throwing, and it's a great pass. Alshon makes an amazing catch with Cutler throwing against Cleveland and Jeffery "bailed out" Cutler.

Gotta love the double standards on both sides.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get the Cutler hate but the "almost" interceptions has got to be this ridiculous "stat" takes it over the top. Here's the thing....it doesn't count. Most fans would be happy with a 6 TD 2 Int stat after two games but not here.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You fellas don't remember all the McCown haters who explained his success away with the magical dropped interception? I figured it was worth so much chatter last year, might as well get started early just in case the backup comes in and plays well again.

Oh, I remember it.