Donator
Liked Posts:
JDB_219 -->
XGFGeu.gif

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get the Cutler hate but the "almost" interceptions has got to be this ridiculous "stat" takes it over the top. Here's the thing....it doesn't count. Most fans would be happy with a 6 TD 2 Int stat after two games but not here.

John, you have got to take this with a sense of humor. I am at least half joking.

Liked Posts:
Jesus, not the dreaded almost-interception statistic again. OP, please go stick your head in a barrel of cat poop and think about what you have done.

Hilarious isn't it. The OP is probably one of the very same posters who thought McCown was a fluke last season because he almost threw a few INT's. The funny thing is the whole thing is like an annual revolving door. The past few years the Bears have come out of the gate fast & threads like this that's only true intent is to say you were wrong, I was right, I told you so, & to eat crow, pop up early in the season. Then the annual slid begins & people go into hiding & or backpedal on their earlier threads.

Can the Bears at least get through the brutal first half of their schedule before posters attempt proclaiming excellence or mediocrity? Sheesh.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hilarious isn't it. The OP is probably one of the very same posters who thought McCown was a fluke last season because he almost threw a few INT's. The funny thing is the whole thing is like an annual revolving door. The past few years the Bears have come out of the gate fast & threads like this that's only true intent is to say you were wrong, I was right, I told you so, & to eat crow, pop up early in the season. Then the annual slid begins & people go into hiding & or backpedal on their earlier threads.

Can the Bears at least get through the brutal first half of their schedule before posters attempt proclaiming excellence or mediocrity? Sheesh.

I agree but McKelvin wouldn't have had a "dropped int" if Holmes doesn't fall making his break (still wasn't a great throw though).

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I thought McCown played well and I never bashed him, I was one of the people who wanted him over still injured Cutler. I wish JM the best in Tampa and I think he will be decent for them. I am actually making fun of all the McCown bashers and their obsession with his almost interceptions. I had never even heard such talk until Josh started lighting up scoreboards.

Liked Posts:
I agree but McKelvin wouldn't have had a "dropped int" if Holmes doesn't fall making his break (still wasn't a great throw though).

I don't know. I just hate the whole the QB almost threw a pick phantom stat for either side of the argument. It really doesn't even matter which side of the argument a poster is on anymore. Posters from both sides are using it to try & belittle the QB that's out of favor in their opinions.

Liked Posts:
I thought McCown played well and I never bashed him, I was one of the people who wanted him over still injured Cutler. I wish JM the best in Tampa and I think he will be decent for them. I am actually making fun of all the McCown bashers and their obsession with his almost interceptions. I had never even heard such talk until Josh started lighting up scoreboards.

I really don't care what side of this you're on. IMO, the almost INT debate is idiotic.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know. I just hate the whole the QB almost threw a pick phantom stat for either side of the argument. It really doesn't even matter which side of the argument a poster is on anymore. Posters from both sides are using it to try & belittle the QB that's out of favor in their opinions.

That's true but it is a stat the numbers geeks pay attention to. Great QB's (Manning,Brady) usually don't have a lot of "dropped INT's." When a QB such as Cutler or McCown have a lot of dropped INT's and a high TD:INT ratio that falls outside of their standard deviation, it raises a red flag. McCown was one of those players last year and has already started to come back down to earth in that regard this season. Basically, if there are a lot of dropped INT's one year, the QB usually regresses back to the mean the following year and has more INT's. It's like fumble recoveries, teams that usually pick up a lot one year, aren't so fortunate the next.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

In all seriousness, how do you ignore bad choices/throws just because he got lucky? The bad choice is what worries me. If he will chuck it up to Bellamy against double cover, why should we think he is an improved decision maker? Results are king but process is not that far behind.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had an "almost" car accident this morning..Will my insurance rates go up?

Liked Posts:
In all seriousness, how do you ignore bad choices/throws just because he got lucky? The bad choice is what worries me. If he will chuck it up to Bellamy against double cover, why should we think he is an improved decision maker? Results are king but process is not that far behind.

Because you can tie almost INT's to every single QB in the league.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The point is that they all get lucky the same way and it evens out over time. Also, some almost INTs are better than others. those on forth down when it's better than givingup at the end of a game or ones that become punts on late downs don't hurt you at all. Even Collinsworth called a Cutler throw into coverage 50+ yards downfield a good throw for that reason.

Look at McCowns career TD to INT ratio and compare it to Jay's and you'll have you long term averaged answer to the simplest form of that question. You may be to young but Daryle LaMonica was a great Raiders QB that scared the shit out of opponents. He punted on 3rd down all the time and didn't really care about his TD to int ratio. No passer rating back then. 5 time all star and 3 time AFL champ.

Passer rating and even picks can be overrated. The pick thing is still a problem with Jay but taking the right risks is a good thing. He played a VG good game on Sun. in terms of balancing risk against protecting possessions.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had an "almost" car accident this morning..Will my insurance rates go up?

If you were texting, for example, my trust in your driving would be lowered. Just because you get away with bad choices doesn't make them good choices.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The point is that they all get lucky the same way and it evens out over time. Also, some almost INTs are better than others. those on forth down or ones that become punts on late downs don't hurt you at all. Even Collinsworth called a Cutler throw into coverage 50+ yards downfield a good throw for that reason.

Look at McCowns career TD to INT ratio and compare it to Jay's and you'll have you long term averaged answer to the simplest form of that question.

Yeah, that near pic into better coverage would have been a preferred outcome over a short punt and field position at the 30. I was hoping the guy would have intercepted it.