2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you were texting, for example, my trust in your driving would be lowered. Just because you get away with bad choices doesn't make them good choices.

But youre not my insurance company

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point is that they all get lucky the same way and it evens out over time. Also, some almost INTs are better than others. those on forth down or ones that become punts on late downs don't hurt you at all. Even Collinsworth called a Cutler throw into coverage 50+ yards downfield a good throw for that reason.

Look at McCowns career TD to INT ratio and compare it to Jay's and you'll have you long term averaged answer to the simplest form of that question.

Look at the FO link, it doesn't always even out in a season. Sometimes guys have exceptional luck for an extended period of time. Its like the 280 hitter that goes off for a season. Luck is part of what makes football interesting. I believe that Jay is not a changed man but that he had better luck this week than he did last week. That is all.

sopclod

Liked Posts:
There's a risk/reward calculation to the types of throws that result in "almost interceptions" and different quarterbacks (and off coordinators) take these risks more or less depending on many factors.

In the Bears case not only does Jay have an incredible arm but he's got some amazing targets as well. I would expect the Bears with Jay at QB to have more "almost interceptions" than NFL average.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When are you all going to learn, Cutler is not that good, and Cutler is not that bad. I don't know why there is such an emphasis on him. He is not the key to this team, in a positive or a negative fashion.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at the FO link, it doesn't always even out in a season. Sometimes guys have exceptional luck for an extended period of time. Its like the 280 hitter that goes off for a season. Luck is part of what makes football interesting. I believe that Jay is not a changed man but that he had better luck this week than he did last week. That is all.
I say career and you hear season. Interesting. McCown again has more picks than TDs this year and a 72 rating. Jay has 6-2 ratio and a 100 rating. Poor time to try and spin a point.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When are you all going to learn, Cutler is not that good, and Cutler is not that bad. I don't know why there is such an emphasis on him. He is not the key to this team, in a poositive or a negative fashion.

But he could play well enough to be MVP this year. Then what? I think it's time you do another QB ranking thread like last year. I vote for Cutler #1 most volatile.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When are you all going to learn, Cutler is not that good, and Cutler is not that bad. I don't know why there is such an emphasis on him. He is not the key to this team, in a poositive or a negative fashion.

in years past, the Bears went as the defense went. This year, the Bears go as Cutler goes.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he could play well enough to be MVP this year. Then what? I think it's time you do another QB ranking thread like last year. I vote for Cutler #1 most volatile.

That is done quarterly, so after two more games. Of course, he will end up having a bad game #4 and the PIB will accuse me of waiting for a bad game to do a survey. Just can't win.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's almost time for my morning poositive.

Jay is a positive and a franchise type player but not elite. If you put Jay where Josh is now, he elevates that O. The problem is he hasn't fully changed his spots yet nor completely assimilated this O which isn't as controlled as some make it out to be. He played it properly last week. Maybe week one woke him up. We can hope but he certainly was patient on Sun. That they came back to win is big bonus in his possible rationalization that waiting for and seizing opportunities actually works. We're all tired of him thinking every broken play can be salvaged. If he loses that one trait and takes the flat a little more often, we're golden.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
It's almost time for my morning poositive.

Jay is a positive and a franchise type player but not elite. If you put Jay where Josh is now, he elevates that O. The problem is he hasn't fully changed his spots yet nor completely assimilated this O which isn't as controlled as some make it out to be. He played it properly last week. Maybe week one woke him up. We can hope but he certainly was patient on Sun. That they came back to win is big bonus in his possible rationalization that waiting for and seizing opportunities actually works. We're all tired of him thinking every broken play can be salvaged. If he loses that one trait, we're golden.

I think what impressed me most Sunday night was that Jay didn't get crazy or reckless with the ball after his receivers had 3 (or was it 4?) drops early in the game.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought McCown played well and I never bashed him, I was one of the people who wanted him over still injured Cutler. I wish JM the best in Tampa and I think he will be decent for them. I am actually making fun of all the McCown bashers and their obsession with his almost interceptions. I had never even heard such talk until Josh started lighting up scoreboards.

McCown has been garbabge for Tampa so far

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is done quarterly, so after two more games. Of course, he will end up having a bad game #4 and the PIB will accuse me of waiting for a bad game to do a survey. Just can't win.

You must love me man

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
This is the dumbest post I have read in a while. Please, tell me the last QB to light this incarnation of the 9ers D for 4 TDs and no picks.

And Jay has only made 1 dumb play this season (I have seen every QB make that stupid throw). Take out that one-count it 1 dumb throw in what 85 attempts, and Cutler goes from his already excellent passer rating of 99.7 to 104.7. Yeah he made the dumb throw, but he did a lot of great things in both games as well. All players have some good and some bad, but Cutler has been excellent thus far this season.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Please, stop making yourself look like an even dumber homer, and stop pretending that the Bears are facing the 11-13 49ers. Bowman and Smith are gone. They aren't anything special.

Even then, he did not "light them up". He struggled to move the ball and ended up with 176 passing yards, good for a last place finish.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh well i figured since you tend to bring me up a lot. So when is the survey?

After game number 4, is that so hard to comprehend?

For the record, I like you, do not love you. Sometimes you piss me off because it is always about Cutler. You normally comment on my posts, which is totally fine. I enjoy your feedback. Carry on. I am concentrating on our defense, which I am very proud of at this point.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I can't wait that long. We are already past the first half of the first quarter of the season. We need a QB ranking now and maybe do the MVP ranking at the quarter mark?

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
When are you all going to learn, Cutler is not that good, and Cutler is not that bad. I don't know why there is such an emphasis on him. He is not the key to this team, in a positive or a negative fashion.

qb is the most important postion in the nfl and probably all of sports but he isn't the key to the team???

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He threw up the balll to Bellamy into double coverage towards the end of the third. Bethea should have intercepted but tossed it to the ground like a hot potato. Jay is what he is, a guy that trows a couple of picks a game if the defense is willing to catch them.That drive is where the Bears took the lead and Jay tried to abort it with a terrible choice. He just got lucky.

Jay needs a lot of help from his friends. He isn't going to drag a bad team forward by the scruff. He can help a good team and that is what he did last night. If Cox and Bethea could catch, people would be in full Jay panic.

ROFL @ the "almost INT". I take it you don't watch many other NFL QBs. Every QB in football throws at least 2 of those a game. And guess what? It means fuckall.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk