D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please, stop making yourself look like an even dumber homer, and stop pretending that the Bears are facing the 11-13 49ers. Bowman and Smith are gone. They aren't anything special.

Even then, he did not "light them up". He struggled to move the ball and ended up with 176 passing yards, good for a last place finish.

Not anything special. Hmm, you may want to get Romo and the 'Boys opinion on that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
qb is the most important postion in the nfl and probably all of sports but he isn't the key to the team???

When you take a look at the quarterbacks that have won the Super Bowl, the short answer to this question is no. If you want to say a key, then in many cases that is correct, not the key. It is critical that the quarterback be efficient, especially in the post season. Around here, the wide receivers, running backs, offensive line and everyone else are just tools for the quarterback to work with, which are really quite good. When Seattle comes up around here, the answer you will here is Wilson had nothing to do with it, it was the defense and the running back. Eli Manning won two Super Bowls, Trent Dillfer and Brad Johnson did too, and Dan Marino never did. Quarterback is important of course, but some of the greatest have failed, and some not so good ones have exceeded. This is a team fucking sport.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After game number 4, is that so hard to comprehend?

For the record, I like you, do not love you. Sometimes you piss me off because it is always about Cutler. You normally comment on my posts, which is totally fine. I enjoy your feedback. Carry on. I am concentrating on our defense, which I am very proud of at this point.

But Cutler is awesome though lol. No i got your poll the first time, I'm just bored right now. Hopefully Cutler doesnt have the blow up game. I too am proud of the defense as they forced alot of turnovers and were really the ones to keep us in the game. Hopefully more to come

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's true but it is a stat the numbers geeks pay attention to. Great QB's (Manning,Brady) usually don't have a lot of "dropped INT's." When a QB such as Cutler or McCown have a lot of dropped INT's and a high TD:INT ratio that falls outside of their standard deviation, it raises a red flag. McCown was one of those players last year and has already started to come back down to earth in that regard this season. Basically, if there are a lot of dropped INT's one year, the QB usually regresses back to the mean the following year and has more INT's. It's like fumble recoveries, teams that usually pick up a lot one year, aren't so fortunate the next.
You are full of shit. Both of them have 20+ almost ints every season. Every QB does.

Watch all the fucking games, and not just the sports center highlights, or shut the fuck up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
McCown has been garbabge for Tampa so far
Which most of us figured he would be. He found his perfect system in Trestman's offense. He wasn't going to have that any where else.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say career and you hear season. Interesting. McCown again has more picks than TDs this year and a 72 rating. Jay has 6-2 ratio and a 100 rating. Poor time to try and spin a point.

I'm not comparing Jay to anyone. I am counting dropped interceptions. If the past is predictive, there won't be many to count. If there are more, I will post them.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Every good quarterback has the confidence enough to squeeze passes in tight windows. Occasionally the opposition is going to catch one of those with their feet and drop them.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since dropped ints were such a topic of conversation last season...

Here is a running tally for this year. Feel free to correct or add in the thread.

1. McKelvin in OT right in the chest (WK 1)
2 Cox drop on overthrow into double coverage in 2Q (Wk 2)
3. Bethea drop on lofted ball into double coverage in 3Q (WK 2)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/adjusted-interceptions-2013
The Cox drop was on a flag-holding as Alshon hit him with a double move. Timing throw, and Cox was only in position, because he played outside the rules.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
CUTLER CAMP: Which one are YOU in?

The Bears are 1-1 so far and already we have many threads and merged threads that embrace the ever polarizing discussion of Jay Cutler and his Franchiseness for our beloved Bear football team. Since it's too early to really get a good NFL QB ranking thread together (per Daabears, I'm not saying it..) I think it's important that clear lines are established so that posters can be more confident about where others' stand as it pertains to Cutler.

So if you are going to weigh in, please reply to this thread with which Cutler Camp you fall into. There are TWO for our purposes here, although I know there is a third but no one wants to get into a big argument on a messageboard, so I'm leaving that camp out.

So what say you? Are you a Cutler Hater or a Cutler Fanboy?

Please know that this is a commitment that you can change at any time, but I'm looking for a statement of your general alliance.

A lot can change and because the Bears are committed to FOUR MORE YEARS of Jay, I want you to be assured that you can change your opinion at any time.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread was a long time coming........

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I am a Bears fan and Cutler is the best qb we have had in the time I have been alive. Wouldn't call myself a fanboy but I can appreciate him for the rocket armed gunslinger he is.

Mitchapalooza

I support Cutler. Not a total fanboy, but I really do like him.

btw, God bless HeHateMe. Glad you're on this board.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Is this another Cutler Blog ?

Overall I like Cutler, I cannot stand it when he makes dumb decisions but all QBs do it. I do like his "gunslinger" play for pure entertainment value. Kyle Orton bored me into very deep naps on my recliner when he played in games. Though I do like Orton as well.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Best QB of my lifetime as a Bears fan, so, I'm a fanboy this week!!!

in before moved...

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
I consider myself a Cutler fan. Realize he can make bad decisions and I am under no delusions about his ability (both good and bad). That said I like him..

don't like the term "fanboy" for some reason, so I will just go with "fan"...lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2