2018 NFL Draft Is Packed at Guard

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:eek:l

Kyle Long has been injuries for years now with multiple surgeries if he does come back healthy he probably won't ever play at the level he did in his prime. Josh Sitton is still playing well but he is starting to age but this draft is just way to good to pass one of these guards up.

Grades

1. Quenton Nelson

Grade: 7.4

"He's so unique because he's big, but he's not fat. He's one of the best run blockers I've ever evaluated, but he's not a liability in pass protection Mike Iupati is. He's also an alpha who can bring and ass-kicking mindset into your position room." - NFC team personnel executive

DAL161015_Stanford_at_Notre_Dame_0830.jpg

2. Will Hernandez

Grade: 6.2

Four-year starter at left guard and the most highly-decorated offensive linemen in UTEP history. Hernandez possesses a rare combination of power, balance, and athletic ability. He is a plus run blocker with the anchor and footwork to handle himself in pass protection as well. Though he lacks height and length teams would like, it shouldn't hurt his stock much. Hernandez should be able to step in as an immediate starter with a high ceiling.
-Lance Zierlein

636399786229601013-UTEP-OU-HERNANDEZ.jpg

3. James Daniels

Grade: 5.9

"The Iowa guys are always going to be quick and proficient, but you have to see them tested against power because they are usually going to be a little smaller, too. This guy has decent size and I think he's got pretty good functional power. He would come in and challenge for best center in our division right away." -- NFC team college scouting director

AR-171229884.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

4. Isaiah Wynne

Grade: 5.9

Wynn is a talented, technically sound block-winner with a demeanor that offensive line coaches will love. His athleticism allows for quick advantages as a run blocker while his hand strength and footwork helps him sustain those advantages into open running lanes. His plus pass protection will be appealing to teams looking for help in that area and he is capable of sliding out to tackle in an emergency. He appears to have the technique and play traits to overcome any concerns about size and could become an early starter.
-Lance Zierlein

IsaiahWynn.jpg

5. Billy Price

Grade:5.9

Plays like a Wildling at times with tremendous explosiveness, strength and, almost excessive initial charge. Price's power and leverage give him a huge advantage over most centers in this draft. He should be able to come into the league and deal with NFL power right away. However, his impatience as a blocker and tendency to charge in head-first will be used against him by savvy NFL opponents if he doesn't get it cleaned up. Price is an early starter with Pro Bowl potential.
-Lance Zierlein

Billy-Price-Wisconsin-1170x780.jpg

6. Frank Ragnow

Grade: 5.7

"He's a tough guy and a leader in that locker room. He's got the personality that you want your center to have and he's got good strength. I see him as an early starter in the league." - NFC area scout

UA_vs_KSU_JI_052_t600.jpg

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Draft Price in the 2nd to play Center and move Whitehair to Guard. In FA target NE's LT Solder, NE's RT Waddle, and PIT's RT/OG Chris Hubbard. If Price is gone then I would take a gamble on LT Connor Williams in the 2nd round I would let him sit until he is 100% healthy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Generally speaking both Nagy and Pace have worked for teams that like to take tall college tackles and move them inside.

I do not think Hernandez really fits what they want to do.

I doubt they go OG unless they take Nelson.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Isaiah Wynn is one of my favorite prospects in this draft because he's so versatile and well-rounded, but he's certainly not worth the 8th pick. If he was there in the second I'd definitely consider it.

I don't think Hernandez will really fit the Nagy bill.

Nelson could obviously be the pick at 8 if the drafts goes a certain way but I doubt that will happen.