2020 Taking the long view

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Khali Mack 26.2 mil
Mitch Trubisky 9,2 mil

35.4 mil

Without Mack, is the Bears Defense still a top ten defense?
Assuming Mitch doesn't "take the next step" at what point do you move on?
Is Trading Mack do get a decent QB something to consider?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think OP is right. We traded for Mack because we thought Mitch was the guy we could content for a super bowl with. He’s definitely trending towards not being the guy and we need to start thinking of his replacement

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think OP is right. We traded for Mack because we thought Mitch was the guy we could content for a super bowl with. He’s definitely trending towards not being the guy and we need to start thinking of his replacement
The thing is, if he is "not the guy" as many on here are coming to that conclusion, what are the options?

Hope you can draft a second rnd QB and groom him while your window is still open?
sign/trade for an established vet? Do the Bears have the cap room?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Trading Mack is going backwards

Mitch not paning out isn’t a situation to just make wholesale changes. The team is generally young and flooded with talent.

My move would be a retread qb next season and draft one the season after when we have a first rounder again.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The thing is, if he is "not the guy" as many on here are coming to that conclusion, what are the options?

Hope you can draft a second rnd QB and groom him while your window is still open?
Well hypothetically trading Mack would land you probably 2 first round picks. Even if you don’t want to trade Mack we could give up our 2 seconds to move into hopefully 10-20

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mitch not paning out isn’t a situation to just make wholesale changes. The team is generally young and flooded with talent.

My move would be a retread qb next season and draft one the season after when we have a first rounder again.

And squander away 2 -3 years of an elite defense?

msadows

Liked Posts:

These kinda posts humor me.

Chances are slim you'll find a qb worth a damn in a trade. As far as retreads....Mitch is better than any of them. I'd rather have him than an osweiler or bortles. Thats what you will find in FA.

And he is decent. He just isn't what we thought he would be. We expected a pro bowl caliber qb with the #2 pick. Looks like he won't ever be anything more than average.

He's gonna be the QB the next 3 years, I'm sure we'll draft a QB eventually to replace him.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:

Chances are slim you'll find a qb worth a damn in a trade. As far as retreads....Mitch is better than any of them. I'd rather have him than an osweiler or bortles. Thats what you will find in FA.

And he is decent. He just isn't what we thought he would be. We expected a pro bowl caliber qb with the #2 pick. Looks like he won't ever be anything more than average.

He's gonna be the QB the next 3 years, I'm sure we'll draft a QB eventually to replace him.
Trubisky is a bottom 5 starting QB to every analyst out there... to everyone except a few bears fans like yourself.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
OP needs to think things through a bit more.

If the Bears traded Mack after this year he would still leave at least $30mil dead on their cap over the next 4 years.

Not going to happen.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
lol wut.

He's not bottom 5 in any statistical category last year.

Even eye test he isnt bottom 5.

Hes like around 20.

He's just the worst QB on a superbowl caliber team.
He might be better than brisset, Flacco. Winston, mariota. That’s about all I’m willing to give him. You can make an argument about the next 5 but not definitely - he’s definitely in the bottom 5 tier and maybe if you really want to be a homer he’s bottom 10.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Well hypothetically trading Mack would land you probably 2 first round picks. Even if you don’t want to trade Mack we could give up our 2 seconds to move into hopefully 10-20

You think we'd get more for Mack than we gave up 2 years before?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Your not necessarily trading him for for a QB, your trading him for draft capital, which then might be able to be used in a trade for an established Qb, or you draft one.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He might be better than brisset, Flacco. Winston, mariota. That’s about all I’m willing to give him. You can make an argument about the next 5 but not definitely - he’s definitely in the bottom 5 tier and maybe if you really want to be a homer he’s bottom 10.

We truly have the best fanbase.

He has a bad game, not even close to the worst game a bears QB has had against the packers(Cutler had multiple worse), and he's now a bottom 5 qb.

Dude is average. Hes not horrible. We've seen enough of him to know that. He will shit the bed at times like he did Thursday. Question is if average is enough? Prob not.