2021 QB Prediction Rankings

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Here's your chance!! Instead of claiming you knew so-so QB was going to be good 5 years from now or how Pace should have drafted "insert QB here" without any proof, you can now back up your talk with putting down your rankings.

Rank how many you want. Your thoughts and predictions.

Here are mine:

1. Trevor Lawrence- I've been following Lawrence since high school recruiting when he was supposed to be the next Peyton Manning for Tennessee in 10th grade. Of course he eventually went to Clemson, but the point is he has always been heralded as the next great QB and has always delivered. I'm not betting against him. I didn't then and won't now.

2. Mac Jones - 41 TDs, 4 INT. Beautiful spiral. Great deep ball. Consistent. Makes great reads. I'll add more later

3. Kyle Trask - I have Trask this high, simply because I think he has the highestt floor of any of the remaining QBs. Some knock his lack of mobility, but there have been many solid pro style QBs, even today (Roethlisberger, Stafford, Brady) who do well despite being limited by their feet. The key is that they are consistent in moving the offense up ablmd down the field, sustaining drives, and taking what the defense gives them. Trask does all these things well and makes sound decisions. I see him as having a really good football IQ. Also, people tend to overlook his gaudy numbers. He put together two really good seasons in the SEC. If it weren't for his top receiving options sitting out of the bowl gane his 43 TD, 8 INT, stat line would have looked even better.

4. Zach Wilson - His 2020 tape is really, really good and though being at #4, I think he has the highest ceiling of any other player. But I think he could be fools gold. Part of it has to do with only having one really good season at BYU. Just one year earlier, in 2019, his stat line was 11 TD, 9 INT. Was 2020 the outlier? Did the level of competition help him feel invincible, as he looked on tape? Was it a mental hurdle that he had to get over?

Unfortunately, for him, think it will be hard to replicate what he did this past year at BYU on the NFL, especially if he gets drafted by a team like the Jets. The Jets are have no weapons and I dont trust their GM to draft well enough to provide Wilson with the supporting cast to succeed. I could see this type of scenario causing Wilson to over compensate and mentally struggle to succeed. Such an environment could really hamper his transition to the NDl and ultimately think its more likely he busts than succeeds.

5. Justin Fields - Very athletic. He put up gaudy numbers while at Ohio State. At the end of the day though I personally come away more impressed with Ryan Day, the coach at OSU, and the athleticism of his team when I watch Ohio State. I think he does everything he is asked and runs the offense wwll. My biggest concern is his lack of multiple reads and knack to stare down his receivers at times. I think he would do well in the right system.

6. Trey Lance - He is the biggest unknown heading into the draft and I consider him really high risk. In fact, I'm not sure what his ceiling is and don't think it is as high as others think. When you turn on his highlights all you see are wide open TD throws after another. That or a QB run play. It kind of reminds me of a poor man's Cam Newton. Either big play or QB run. Not much inbetween.

I dont think there is any way to know if Lance could make tight window throws like he will need to in the NFL. How good is he in the short and intermediate throws? He doesn't display much on tape and in fact I see some slight inaccuracies, even on his highlights. I personally would be afraid to draft him considering he could end up busting quick if he shows he can't manage the short yardage plays very well.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Roethlisberger was limited by his feet? I might be swayed by how hard he is to bring down but I thought he had some evasive ability.

I hope the Bears get some quarterback, it would make a lot more sense even trading up to get one vs. blowing up 3 drafts for a quarterback their team won't want to deal anyway.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Given we dont know their whiteboard acumen, its kind of pointless, but I'll guess. Their success is also dependant upon the situation they find themselves in. Anyone that lands in SF has a better chance of success vs say Chicago

1. Trevor Lawrence - Will he still be good if he cuts his hair?
2. Jimmy Garoppolo - Gets hurt too much but is the second best option come draft day if SF is game
3. Trey Lance - Higher potential than Jimmy G, but low floor
4. Teddy Bridgewater - Currently better than Gardner, but Gardner has room to grow. Teddy is Teddy
5. Gardner Minshew - Proven commodity that will give you adequate play. Wont cost much contract and trade wise
6. Zach Wilson - Not even on the Mt Rushmore of BYU QBs. Its an unfair statement, but so what.
7. Justin Fields - Tools/Heart but pocket awareness is questionable. Not much of a progressions guy atm or ever?
8. Mac Jones - Better than AJ McCarron
9. Feleipe Franks - Any time I hear Franks, i think of Frank Lucas. So Feleipe must be gangster
10. Davis Mills - I like his knee brace

Last edited:

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Lawrence
Fields
Wilson
Lance
Jones
Mond
Trask
Mills
Newman

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lawrence
Wilson/Fields
Lance/Jones
Mills/Mond
Trask

If a team thinks that can tweak Trask to step into his target instead of sort of rotate on his front foot, he could get elevated a lot though still not a guy that will have a lot velocity off platform. Lance vs Jones and Wilson vs Fields were tough for me so those are sort of a wash. Lance and Jones are polar opposites. I think Fields is the safer pick of him vs Wilson. We may all be over elevating Wilson due to some Mahomes traits but there's some unique arm talent there.

If right on a QB, I won't say I told anyone anything. They're silly difficult to properly project.

Here's a compare those here will either love or hate. Trask is faster, more accurate Orton. :p

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Given we dont know their whiteboard acumen, its kind of pointless, but I'll guess. Their success is also dependant upon the situation they find themselves in. Anyone that lands in SF has a better chance of success vs say Chicago

1. Trevor Lawrence - Will he still be good if he cuts his hair?
2. Jimmy Garoppolo - Gets hurt too much but is the second best option come draft day if SF is game
3. Trey Lance - Higher potential than Jimmy G
4. Teddy Bridgewater - Currently better than Gardner, but Gardner has room to grow. Teddy is Teddy
5. Gardner Minshew - Proven commodity that will give you adequate play. Wont cost much contract and trade wise
6. Mac Jones - Better than AJ McCarron
7. Zach Wilson - Not even on the Mt Rushmore of BYU QBs. Its an unfair statement, but so what.
8. Justin Fields - Tools/Heart but pocket awareness is questionable. Not much of a progressions guy atm or ever?
9. Feleipe Franks - Any time I hear Franks, i think of Frank Lucas. So Feleipe must be gangster
10. Davis Mills - I like his knee brace

So is this a big board of who you would take as the QB for the Bears for this offseason?

It seems you would, generally, be more in favor of doing a draft day trade for either Jimmy G, Teddy B, or Minshew rather than make a move for a rookie.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So is this a big board of who you would take as the QB for the Bears for this offseason?

It seems you would, generally, be more in favor of doing a draft day trade for either Jimmy G, Teddy B, or Minshew rather than make a move for a rookie.

Just my guess board of Qbs and where I rank them.

Im a 2023 DJ Uiagalelei guy. Id tear down the roster this year and next. Reloading with young players especially across OL/DL and rebuild WR,,CB,LB. I Would put them in position to tank year 2 with a bunch of young players and a really shitty QB. Then would have the top pick in 2023 and a bevy of other picks.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Im a 2023 DJ Uiagalelei guy. Id tear down the roster this year and next. Reloading with young players especially across OL/DL and rebuild WR,,CB,LB. I Would put them in position to tank year 2 with a bunch of young players and a really shitty QB. Then would have the top pick in 2023 and a bevy of other picks.
I don’t agree with the mentality that any team should tank anytime. And I certainly don’t agree with tanking for 2 years in the hopes of getting a prospect 2 freakin years from now.

No offense to you at all, but that’s a loser’s mentality.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I don’t agree with the mentality that any team should tank anytime. And I certainly don’t agree with tanking for 2 years in the hopes of getting a prospect 2 freakin years from now.

No offense to you at all, but that’s a loser’s mentality.

No offense taken

Planning for a player two years out is pretty stupid to begin with. Too many x's. However, the Bears insistence on being a middle of the road behemoth is just as idiotic.

I dont like pace, but I cant fault his strategy. He just failed at the Solid D/QB on Rookie Contract. To be fair he did accomplish half of his plan. To build a D primed and ready for a superbowl run, but he f'ed up the other half by taking the wrong rookie QB, not having enough playmakers on O and suspect OL play. AND possibly Nagy?

Now that D is fucked and needs to be tore down while it holds some value and QB is still a hole. Time to Rinse/Repeat instead of wasting a year like this one and ending back in the 16-22 range come next years draft

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

You would really be willing to tear down the whole team and wait it out 2 years for a QB that really only started two college games? Uiagalelei may turn out to be a nice prospect, but you cant possibly gain too much from only two games.

Either way this staff needs to get a QB now and try to bring hope to the position in order to keep their jobs. They cant afford to wait or tear down the roster. At least not this year. So for now, everything has to be centered around what's best for 2021.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
You would really be willing to tear down the whole team and wait it out 2 years for a QB that really only started two college games? Uiagalelei may turn out to be a nice prospect, but you cant possibly gain too much from only two games.

Either way this staff needs to get a QB now and try to bring hope to the position in order to keep their jobs. They cant afford to wait or tear down the roster. At least not this year. So for now, everything has to be centered around what's best for 2021.
Been following DJ since HS. I just like the kid.

Would I be willing to start a full tear down now and rebuild? Yes.

Not just specifically for a specific player two years away, thats pipe dream talk.

Im just not looking forward to a meh season. Say Dalton plays adequately and the D plays up to its pay. Realistically the Bears ceiling is still squeaking into to the playoffs and being sent home rd 1 at best. In reality, they probably dont hit their ceiling and just miss the playoffs. AND thats hopeful thinking. Fact is, things can go really bad this year.

Im not into wasting a year chasing nothing.

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Only a few hours left before the draft...does anyone else want to throw in their rankings?

Brum Bear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tricky, as I can only go on what I've read about the players (don't watch any College Football over here), but here goes:-

1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
3) Fields
4) Lance
5) Mond
6) Jones
7) Mills
8) Trask