This info kinda puts Fields in perspective

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is alot of information there, but it really make Trevor look average and Trey look awful. Based on this data alone I would have the top 3 QBs Jones, Fields, and Wilson. Pats have a terrible history picking QBs (Tom was completely dumb luck) Jets are going to ruin Wilson, so we will have the best QB in the 21' class.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
There is alot of information there, but it really make Trevor look average and Trey look awful. Based on this data alone I would have the top 3 QBs Jones, Fields, and Wilson. Pats have a terrible history picking QBs (Tom was completely dumb luck) Jets are going to ruin Wilson, so we will have the best QB in the 21' class.

Its not fair to say “Pats have a terrible history picking QBs”.

But yes, the Bears might have the best QB in the draft. Love the move to get him!!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Yeah....maybe it is a lotta info. Thing on Jones is he's gonna need above avg. pass pro. Damn I thought Pace was gonna go for him. ? Whew......We dodged that bullet

so we will have the best QB in the 21' class.

Yeah....it's really starting to look that way

Last edited:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its not fair to say “Pats have a terrible history picking QBs”.

But yes, the Bears might have the best QB in the draft. Love the move to get him!!
Here are their last 10 QBs drafted, plus McDaniel picked Tebow in the 1st rd. Its alot of swings that at best lands good backups.
2002, Round 4, Pick 117: Rohan Davey, LSU
2003, Round 6, Pick 201: Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech
2005, Round 7, Pick 205: Matt Cassel, USC
2008, Round 3, Pick 94: Kevin O'Connell, San Diego State
2010, Round 7, Pick 250: Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
2011, Round 3, Pick 74: Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
2014, Round 2, Pick 64: Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
2016, Round 3, Pick 91: Jacoby Brissett, North Carolina State
2018, Round 7, Pick 219: Danny Etling, LSU
2019, Round 4, Pick 133: Jarrett Stidham, Auburn

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Here are their last 10 QBs drafted, plus McDaniel picked Tebow in the 1st rd. Its alot of swings that at best lands good backups.

lol you spend too much time on that for the reality that the Patriots never drafted a top QB in the last 20 years! Why? Because they had fucking TOM Fucking BRADY!

They drafted a lot of late round fliers, which happens every fucking year, to be a back-up!

They took 1 2nd rd pick, which is not a top QB, and he actually turned out okay. Not great but he started in a Super Bowl.

I shouldn’t have to explain this!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Good list

lol you spend too much time on that for the reality that the Patriots never drafted a top QB in the last 20 years! Why? Because they had fucking TOM Fucking BRADY!

They drafted a lot of late round fliers, which happens every fucking year, to be a back-up!

They took 1 2nd rd pick, which is not a top QB, and he actually turned out okay. Not great but he started in a Super Bowl.

I shouldn’t have to explain this!

So here's the thing about satchice's list above. The Pats were able to get something for some of those Qb's i.e. draft choices via trades, players. Now ya look at us, we don't develop Qb's to the point where we can get something if they leave.

Look at what happened with Fuller, granted he's a CB, but he's a former 1st rounder. We developed him for another team for "free". He walked and we got nothing in return. We have a history of not getting anything for our players when they leave.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Good list

So here's the thing about satchice's list above. The Pats were able to get something for some of those Qb's i.e. draft choices via trades, players. Now ya look at us, we don't develop Qb's to the point where we can get something if they leave.

Look at what happened with Fuller, granted he's a CB, but he's a former 1st rounder. We developed him for another team for "free". He walked and we got nothing in return. We have a history of not getting anything for our players when they leave.

He created the list trying to prove his belief that “Pats have a terrible history picking QBs”.

I’m saying they haven’t invested high value into the position in 20 years. It’s unfair to say the are terrible at picking QBs, on the contrary, like you stated, this still got value back.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He created the list trying to prove his belief that “Pats have a terrible history picking QBs”.

I’m saying they haven’t invested high value into the position in 20 years. It’s unfair to say the are terrible at picking QBs, on the contrary, like you stated, this still got value back.

Right....I see both u and his points. (y)

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I see your point that it’s unfair to judge them even though they have picked 10 terrible quarterbacks in a row because they didn’t need to pick a quarterback since they already had the greatest quarterback of all times on their team.

How they keep trading these quarterbacks for assets is amazing. But it’s not just quarterbacks they’re really good at trading all of their players for assets.

What they are really good at is drafting offensive lineman even though they have a great offensive line they keep picking good offense of Lineman they don’t draft poor offense Lineman just because they have great ones already and they don’t need spend high picks on them.

You know what they’re also bad at? First round picks.

Anyways you missed the entire point of my original comment which was we had the best quarterback in this year‘s draft! Be happy ?