Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what are your predictions, boys?

My head is telling me Warriors in 6, but my gut is saying Celtics in 7. I'm a bit torn.
Warriors in 6 for me...I really want 538 to be wrong about the Celtics, but perhaps they know what they're talking about

Reactions: BNB

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not convinced of that
Same here. I think Boston was the worst case scenario for the Warriors.

That's not to suggest that Boston is going to beat them (FTR, I threw some money on Boston winning the title before the playoffs started), just that I think Boston's defense is a tough matchup. I'm still pulling for Boston due to my wager, but I'd like 7 really close games.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Warriors in 5

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hell of a 4th quarter by Boston to take game 1

Everyone on Boston played outstanding other than Tatum and with him it was just atrocious shooting. He played well other than that

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My god... the Celtics could not fuckin miss in the 4th.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was raining 3s in the Chase Center tonight my goodness

Perhaps the 538 algorithm cannot be denied

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
First home loss for the warriors this playoffs

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Horford, Smart, and White won game 1 for the C’s

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Hmm so Jimmy complained about teammates to force himself around the league till he ended up in Miami, where it appears he still doesn’t have good enough teammates to win it all. Maybe jimmy should of stayed in Philly with Embiid after all
I dont think butler complained his way out of
Philly did he? They just made a huge mistake and moved him and kept Tobias harris. Him and embiid would have been a great combination.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I laughed when Jimmy missed that 3 to win the game. That’s what he has always wanted and couldn’t deliver.
Luckily for Jimmy he's had a great career and has been right about both teams he's forced his way off of as they have been a joke without him for the most part

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I dont think butler complained his way out of
Philly did he? They just made a huge mistake and moved him and kept Tobias harris. Him and embiid would have been a great combination.
I honestly don’t recall all of the jimmy saga, you could very well be correct. I know they ended up “picking” Harris over him, but not sure if they made that choice due to jimmy making his unhappiness known or not

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They basically played a perfect 4th quarter to steal the game away. Gotta give them credit for stepping up on an awful day for Tatum. I'll give Brown credit too for keeping them from getting too far down for most of the game. They don't win without their role players though that's for sure, and they all did excellent.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy did have some issues in Philly. He had issues with Brett Brown, (rightly) thought Ben Simmons was soft. I think he wanted Miami all along, we essentially paid Wade 50 million to recruit him there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy did have some issues in Philly. He had issues with Brett Brown, (rightly) thought Ben Simmons was soft. I think he wanted Miami all along, we essentially paid Wade 50 million to recruit him there.
I think there is something to be said about how Pat Riley has run that team that has greatly earned the respect of players around the league. In stark contrast to the culture GarPaxDorf fostered in the last couple decades which it's anyone's guess if it deterred anyone from coming, but certainly wasn't helping too much. Hopefully AKME culture will be much more appealing to the players.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would take out Smart and put Williams and Brown in there. That was the comeback. Smart didnt come bqck in until 3 minutes and some change in the 4th. Williams dominted GS on the defensive end and glass during the run. White and Brown was on fire and Horford went nuclear. Smart had a real good game, but the comeback did not involve him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would take out Smart and put Williams and Brown in there. That was the comeback. Smart didnt come bqck in until 3 minutes and some change in the 4th. Williams dominted GS on the defensive end and glass during the run. White and Brown was on fire and Horford went nuclear. Smart had a real good game, but the comeback did not involve him.
He helped seal the deal though, but you're right, he was out for like the entire comeback effort. I think Pritchard was in the game more than him during that stretch. Pritchard was on fire too...C's just couldn't miss a 3 down the stretch

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
First off, like @clonetrooper264 said, he hit two big 3’s that sealed it up when he did come in

Second, I wasn’t referencing the comeback in particular. If you go read my post again, I said those 3 won the game for them. As in, more than just the 4th quarter spurt.

In regards to smart, go look at how he did against curry after that first quarter. He was in the huddle making the adjustments and talking to the big men that were coming up on those screens, helping position them better to handle the pick game from GS. If curry and GS had been able to keep playing offense the way they did in the 1st quarter, there wouldn’t of been anything to comeback on, it would of been game over

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
First off, like @clonetrooper264 said, he hit two big 3’s that sealed it up when he did come in

Second, I wasn’t referencing the comeback in particular. If you go read my post again, I said those 3 won the game for them. As in, more than just the 4th quarter spurt.

In regards to smart, go look at how he did against curry after that first quarter. He was in the huddle making the adjustments and talking to the big men that were coming up on those screens, helping position them better to handle the pick game from GS. If curry and GS had been able to keep playing offense the way they did in the 1st quarter, there wouldn’t of been anything to comeback on, it would of been game over
Yea, I stick to my statement.