2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think there is something to be said about how Pat Riley has run that team that has greatly earned the respect of players around the league. In stark contrast to the culture GarPaxDorf fostered in the last couple decades which it's anyone's guess if it deterred anyone from coming, but certainly wasn't helping too much. Hopefully AKME culture will be much more appealing to the players.
I used to hate the heat back in the day, but they’re probably my 2nd favorite team after my allegiance to the Bulls. Spo is a legit amazing coach. I love their culture…they have a team full of rugged, tough, competitive players that work hard and are committed to winning. They play with high energy, effort, and fundamentals. High basketball IQ. That’s a team that doesn’t tolerate losing or not doing things the eight way…they’ll get after each other and speak their mind when things aren’t going right. I love the passion on the sidelines and guys getting heated (no pun intended) when they weren’t playing up to par.

That’s why it was nearly impossible to root for the Bulls in the 2nd half. They were completely spiritless and content with getting their asses handed to them on the regular. No fight, no drive, no passion or energy to turn things around. Just went through the motions with their tails between their legs and continued to get spanked and didn’t seem to care. Man, that 2nd half collapse was so embarrassing

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I honestly don’t recall all of the jimmy saga, you could very well be correct. I know they ended up “picking” Harris over him, but not sure if they made that choice due to jimmy making his unhappiness known or not
I remember him having issues with teammates when he was with the Timberwolves, but I guess I don't remember much of Philly either.

If it makes Jimmy feel better, he just might have Joel Embiid in Miami next year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They basically played a perfect 4th quarter to steal the game away. Gotta give them credit for stepping up on an awful day for Tatum. I'll give Brown credit too for keeping them from getting too far down for most of the game. They don't win without their role players though that's for sure, and they all did excellent.
I hate playing the semantics game, but outscoring the Warriors 40-16 in the 4th quarter isn't stealing the game away.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I remember him having issues with teammates when he was with the Timberwolves, but I guess I don't remember much of Philly either.

If it makes Jimmy feel better, he just might have Joel Embiid in Miami next year.
Jimmy catches a lot of heat for being a malcontent, but has he ever been wrong about the people he's called out for being soft? (KAT, Wiggins, and Simmons all fit)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jimmy catches a lot of heat for being a malcontent, but has he ever been wrong about the people he's called out for being soft? (KAT, Wiggins, and Simmons all fit)
I read/heard/imagined someone suggesting the Bulls go after KAT this offseason, and I was like:

gilbert-gottfried-you-fool.gif

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So in game 1, everyone on the Celtics seemed to show up on offense except Tatum. Game 2, Tatum seems to be the only one who showed up while everyone else shit the bed.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So in game 1, everyone on the Celtics seemed to show up on offense except Tatum. Game 2, Tatum seems to be the only one who showed up while everyone else shit the bed.
Lots of turnovers.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yep, and Celtics got destroyed. Tatum is a great player and all, but he ain’t winning this on his own

Also, Tatum shot under 50% last night, too and had the worst +- at -36

And curry/Thompson didn’t shoot well and they still spanked the C’s

Draymond was the difference last night

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Draymond was trash last night and he said so himself. But he can have a big impact like in game 2, similar to Marcus Smart for Boston. Played poor in game 2 and they lost, played well in games 1 and 3 and they won.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You do realize my comment was after game two, not after last night…right?
You're comment likely still stands though as perhaps Draymond's crappiness was the difference.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Robert Williams is good.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steph Curry is going down as the greatest PG ever.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Steph Curry is going down as the greatest PG ever.
Ehhh I dunno about all that, but he’s up there. It’s still Magic for me

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ehhh I dunno about all that, but he’s up there. It’s still Magic for me
I dont have any qualms with that. My thing is if he wins two more ships and he is the leader. Im going to put him at 1

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I dont have any qualms with that. My thing is if he wins two more ships and he is the leader. Im going to put him at 1
And that’s fine to take that opinion. I don’t personally think it’s as easy as saying whoever has the most ships between the two is who is the GOAT of that position.

My all time starting 5 is still Magic, MJ, Bird, Lebron, and Olajuwon

Steph is great, and I’m not knocking him when I say Magic is still better IMO