2024 NBA Offseason Thread [Non-Bulls NBA Talks]

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Post all general NBA offseason related news here.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Reactions: BNB

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
nice player that can shoot the heck out of the ball, but man...above avg players getting 20 mil per year is wild to me
Only gonna get worse after the new TV deals goes in.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
nice player that can shoot the heck out of the ball, but man...above avg players getting 20 mil per year is wild to me

Apparently Caruso may also be getting a 4-year 80-million dollar deal. These contracts are about to get nuts haha. In 5 years, the top guys are gonna be getting close to 100 million a year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I just want to point this out, as it is NBA related, but the ESPN pre/halftime/post game presentations are atrocious. When they do cut aways to Stephen A Smith entering the building like they do the players you know it's jumped the shark. They are in DESPERATE need of fixing it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Brooklyn Nets have agreed in principle on a trade to send F Mikal Bridges to the New York Knicks for Bojan Bogdanovic, four unprotected first-round picks, a protected first-round pick via Bucks, an unprotected pick swap and a second-rounder.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Wow 4 (5) unprotected 1st round picks. First that is a ridiculous deal for Bridges who is a non-superstar. Second I'm jealous as hell they got all that for Bridges and we'll be lucky to get a straight salary dump for LaVine.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just want to point this out, as it is NBA related, but the ESPN pre/halftime/post game presentations are atrocious. When they do cut aways to Stephen A Smith entering the building like they do the players you know it's jumped the shark. They are in DESPERATE need of fixing it.
Charles Barkley ripped them to shreds a couple of weeks ago, he had a lot of good points in his critique.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow 4 (5) unprotected 1st round picks 5 (6) total. First that is a ridiculous deal for Bridges who is a non-superstar. Second I'm jealous as hell they got all that for Bridges and we'll be lucky to get a straight salary dump for LaVine.
Knicks pushing all their chips into the middle of the table. Now or never I suppose. Bulls will get pennies on the dollar for LV.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Apparently Caruso may also be getting a 4-year 80-million dollar deal. These contracts are about to get nuts haha. In 5 years, the top guys are gonna be getting close to 100 million a year.
NFL players literally risk their brains for peanuts and non-guaranteed money.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
NFL players literally risk their brains for peanuts and non-guaranteed money.
I wouldn’t say peanuts…but for sure the NBA has a more favorable salary/contract situation for the players. Infinitely worse product, but more favorable for the players.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knicks are going to be a 30 for 30 in a couple of years. They have 4 Villanova players now someone is salivating to do that story

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow 4 (5) unprotected 1st round picks. First that is a ridiculous deal for Bridges who is a non-superstar. Second I'm jealous as hell they got all that for Bridges and we'll be lucky to get a straight salary dump for LaVine.
Bridges still has the potential to elevate. Lavine is what he is at this point.

However even two 1sts would be nice for lavine, but it appears they can't even get that.

I still rate this as a massive overpay by the Knicks.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, the Knicks got raped here, imo.

Sure, they win in the short term, and this MIGHT help them advance to the Finals (though Boston is still superior).

But within the next 3-4 years, I think they look back and regret this deal. Bridges is good, but he's not 4 unprotected 1st round picks good.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Knicks got raped here, imo.

Sure, they win in the short term, and this MIGHT help them advance to the Finals (though Boston is still superior).

But within the next 3-4 years, I think they look back and regret this deal. Bridges is good, but he's not 4 unprotected 1st round picks good.
I remember reading that teams were offering three unprotected 1sts last year and Nets turning them down, so Knicks really upped the ante.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Celtics say Kristaps Porzingis had surgery to repair a torn retinaculum and dislocated posterior tibialis tendon, and that he will return to play in “5-to-6 months”. Will miss start of season.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The Celtics say Kristaps Porzingis had surgery to repair a torn retinaculum and dislocated posterior tibialis tendon, and that he will return to play in “5-to-6 months”. Will miss start of season.
ngl, never heard of these injuries before. granted, im no doctor or anything.