2024 Starting RB?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Who do you guys think will start and why do you think that?

Swift.
Herbert.
Johnson.
RB by committee.

Last edited:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
In the order you have them listed. Swift will start spelled by Herbert and Johnson, all will get time
Do you think Herbert gets butthurt about him not being the starter? I don’t think so, publicly. But personally, of course. Who wouldn’t.but nothing that would hurt the RB room. But curious, what do you think?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you think Herbert gets butthurt about him not being the starter? I don’t think so, publicly. But personally, of course. Who wouldn’t.but nothing that would hurt the RB room. But curious, what do you think?
I agree with you, maybe personally, but he was 2nd fiddle behind Montgomery and flourished, so now he can attack defenses after Swift has wore them down a bit, he might actually like the role and at worst don't think he will be an issue at all

Nelly

Liked Posts:
They just paid Swift $15 million to start. Herbert is gone after this year.
Yup. Or he just settles in as a committee back since he's not well versed in blocking and receiving.

I'm a little surprised that Homer hasn't been cut yet. Why do we need him? Unless Herbert might be on the trade block during/after the draft for a late round pick.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Maybe Bears can trade Herbert for a 6-7th round pick midseason to a playoff bound team that loses their RBs to injury.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe Bears can trade Herbert for a 6-7th round pick midseason to a playoff bound team that loses their RBs to injury.
They should trade him for Justin Fields.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sherbert is probably being phased out. I would say, Swift/Johnson then herbert. He can't catch and he can't pass protect.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Sherbert is probably being phased out. I would say, Swift/Johnson then herbert. He can't catch and he can't pass protect.
They all play.
Swift is going to be the lead back and does not have to come off the field in passing situations.
Herbert goes back to wat he does best, change of pace RB.
Johnson is an all around back, still best pass protector of these backs.
Homer, just special teamer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Swift....

They will need speed to the outside to diffuse the blitzing that will most likely occur.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I agree with you, maybe personally, but he was 2nd fiddle behind Montgomery and flourished, so now he can attack defenses after Swift has wore them down a bit, he might actually like the role and at worst don't think he will be an issue at all
I will agree with you that he did flourish behind Montgomery. He was perfect as a back up. But I tend to think that’s because of Montgomery’s style of running, which was bruising. He would be tough to bring down and just hit it hard. Which would really tire the defense. Swift is more elusive, although he does play hard and tough. But Montgomery is more of a hard hitter to defenses. 9-10 pound heavier and 2 inches taller ain’t much, but to me, Montgomery is stronger than swift. Not that that’s bad.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I will agree with you that he did flourish behind Montgomery. He was perfect as a back up. But I tend to think that’s because of Montgomery’s style of running, which was bruising. He would be tough to bring down and just hit it hard. Which would really tire the defense. Swift is more elusive, although he does play hard and tough. But Montgomery is more of a hard hitter to defenses. 9-10 pound heavier and 2 inches taller ain’t much, but to me, Montgomery is stronger than swift. Not that that’s bad.
Montgomery is the tougher runner, but more talking about Swift getting more carries and then Herbert coming in fresh

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As others have said, Swift will easily be the primary back, as he is the most complete back we've got.

Roschon will likely get the bulk of the carries in short yardage/goal line situations, which leaves Herbert with the least opportunity.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
You ask who is going to start, and one of the options is RB by committee? You think they are going to rotate every game or something? Obviously Swift starts.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They all play.
Swift is going to be the lead back and does not have to come off the field in passing situations.
Herbert goes back to wat he does best, change of pace RB.
Johnson is an all around back, still best pass protector of these backs.
Homer, just special teamer.
I think Homer will end up getting some snaps this year. He did some 3rd down duty for Waldron in Seattle.