23 Hours of MJ

Liked Posts:
So, Comcast SportsNet is going to be showing 23 hours of His Airness starting tonight at 5:30. How many of you guys will be watching? Just check out this damn schedule!

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10

5:30 PM – Chicago Tribune Live (Jordan-focused edition featuring a roundtable discussion of his career)
6:30 PM – SportsNite (featuring numerous Jordan career highlights and interviews)
7:00 PM – His Airness (Part I) (Jordan bio, marketing impact, HOF announcement, baseball career and more)
7:30 PM – Bulls vs. New Jersey Nets (from February 26, 1987) (Bulls win 128-113)
- Jordan scores 58 points, sets new Bulls regular season record
- Sets new Bulls record of 26/27 from the free throw line, including an NBA record 19 straight
- Terrific post-game interview with the late Johnny “Red” Kerr asking MJ “What’s next?”…the youthful Jordan’s response: “an NBA Championship”
10:00 PM – SportsNite (the day’s sports news, including more vintage Jordan footage & interviews)
10:30 PM – His Airness (Part II) (featuring key interviews with those individuals who helped shape his career)
11:00 PM – Bulls at Cleveland Cavaliers (from March 28, 1990) (Bulls win 117-113 in OT)
- Jordan scores his all-time regular season career best of 69 points
- MJ also grabs 18 rebounds, dishes out six assists and forces four steals in this amazing performance
1:30 AM – SportsNite (the day’s sports news, including more vintage Jordan footage & interviews)
2:00 AM – Chicago Tribune Live replay (Jordan-focused edition featuring a round table discussion of his career)
3:00 AM – Bulls vs. New Jersey Nets (from February 26, 1987) (re-air)
5:00 AM – SportsRise (recap of the evening’s sports news/highlights, includes more Jordan career highlights and interviews)

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11

6:00 AM – Monsters in the Morning (Hosted by Mike North & Dan Jiggetts, features numerous interviews with Jordan’s teammates, coaches, colleagues, including career highlights and much more)
9:00 AM – 1991 NBA FINALS: Bulls at Los Angeles Lakers, Game 5 (from June 12, 1991)
- 108-101 win clinches first NBA title for the Bulls
- Jordan scores 30 points, to go along with ten assists and five steals; named NBA Finals MVP
- Coverage includes post-game locker room coverage of MJ clutching the Larry O’Brien NBA Championship Trophy with his father James Jordan at his side
11:30 AM – His Airness (Part I)
12:00 PM – Bulls at New York Knicks (from March 28, 1995) (Bulls win 113-111)
- In just his fifth game back from retirement, #45 Michael Jordan scores 55 points
- Sets up Bill Wennington for game-winning slam dunk
2:30 PM – His Airness (Part II)
3:00 PM – 1998 NBA FINALS: Bulls at Utah Jazz, Game 6 (from June 14, 1998)
- Jordan hits historic game-winning shot in 87-86 victory; Bulls clinch sixth NBA Championship
- MJ finishes with 45 points in his final appearance in a Bulls uniform, named NBA Finals MVP for the sixth time
5:30 PM – Chicago Tribune Live (Mark Schanowski provides live reports from the Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA)

I'm taking my wife camping tomorrow for her birthday so I will only be able to really watch tonight - but I plan on camping out in front of the TV from about 5:30-1 AM and damn, am I excited.

I'd like to record some of these games somehow as my MJ collection is seriously lacking. Anyone have any idea if these will be streaming online or any way to capture a feed?

What are you guys looking forward to?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I'm lucky I'll catch the Nets game tonight. Or at least part of it. That's about all I can watch with school and homework and stuff. Might be able to steal the last few minutes of the Jazz game tomorrow (which I've seen so many times) but that's iffy.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Damn Stacey King used to be skinny compared to now.