2nd round discussion ...

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who do you guys like here?

Since a G isn't likely in the first, I'm still wanting one. I like Kyle Long, bloodline and genes are important IMO and he has those.

Nick80

I like Warford, I was going to say Pugh but it seems like he has moved up into the first round. Dallas Thomas anyone?

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Long, Warford, Hunt would all be great. Arthur Brown if he drops would be outstanding.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
margus hunt

He really seems boom or bust. And I have a feeling he's going to bust. I don't think you can get by on just raw strength in the NFL unless you're rushing against our Oline(lol). I guess he's fast, too. Didn't he run a 4.5 or some shit? I dunno.

Unless a really amazing coach gets a hold of him, he'll be terrible imo. And I don't really think we're in a position to draft boom or bust players. I like Warford in the 2nd, possibly Arthur Brown if he manages to fall that far, or Swope if we can't get a 3rd. Though, that may be a bit early for Swope, and a bit late for Brown. /shrug

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He really seems boom or bust. And I have a feeling he's going to bust. I don't think you can get by on just raw strength in the NFL unless you're rushing against our Oline(lol).

Unless a really amazing coach gets a hold of him, he'll be terrible imo. And I don't really think we're in a position to draft boom or bust players. I like Warford in the 2nd, possibly Arthur Brown if he manages to fall that far, or Swope if we can't get a 3rd. Though, that may be a bit early for Swope, and a bit late for Brown. /shrug

I hear you about a gamble, but I think he'll boom. He's da White Peppers. It's not like he's just a pool jumping freak, he's got some moves but I agree he is raw. So is Patterson for that matter, but I like them both for their crazy high potential...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hear you about a gamble, but I think he'll boom. He's da White Peppers. It's not like he's just a pool jumping freak, he's got some moves but I agree he is raw. So is Patterson for that matter, but I like them both for their crazy high potential...

You may very well be correct. Considering he's only played football for a short while, his ceiling could really be high, too. I won't be upset with the pick if they take him. And if he turns out to be a bad ass, I'll be driving the Emery bandwagon. :D

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You may very well be correct. Considering he's only played football for a short while, his ceiling could really be high, too. I won't be upset with the pick if they take him. And if he turns out to be a bad ass, I'll be driving the Emery bandwagon. :D

If there's any credence to players learning from other players, we have the leader for that on our line. If we drafted giant DT in the first and Margus could make it as a legit starter, we wouldn't even need DBs. Dare to dream...

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Emery drafts high ceiling he doesn't give two shits about floor. Cordarrell Patterson will be the pick if he is there. IMO

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
sooo many possibilities in the second that is going to be the hardest pick this year. At least 9 people I would take with it and think most of them would be there.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery drafts high ceiling he doesn't give two shits about floor. Cordarrell Patterson will be the pick if he is there. IMO

If Patterson is still on the board at 50, than chances are there`s a murder warrant out on him for killing his mama. I know he`s dropping, but not that far.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interior OL - Warford or maybe their higest rated center(Schwenke/Fredrick).

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interior OL - Warford or maybe their higest rated center(Schwenke/Fredrick).

I am good with any of those, but only if they went LB in the 1st, or traded down and have an extra 2nd.

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think after a trade down we will have 2 second round picks.... Sheldon Richardson DT, Ryan Swope WR

JLMattick54

Liked Posts:
no to Dallas Thomas. I saw him get 3 false starts in a row against Florida. Just not a big fan

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I have to agree. I like the top G's, and I also liked the idea of Fluker at RG. But Warford is the big G I've been dreaming of I think. We need a guy that can stop the bullrush from guys like Suh! This man can do that! I like Carimi to play better this year, but I'd rather him do it as our swing T. Warford would be a true G beast to put at RG. Then I'm on board with getting a C. Jones, Fredrick, or Schwenke would be ok. If we nab another 2nd or 3rd, then we can add the bpa's we need.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
If Patterson is still on the board at 50, than chances are there`s a murder warrant out on him for killing his mama. I know he`s dropping, but not that far.

Sorry about the lack of clarity, I was talking about 20. If Patterson is there at 50 it's because he fucked 32 gms wives. Hopefully Emery is a forgiving man.