3/21/14 GDT Carolina 7pm... because why not

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No Teuvo... we lose 98-1 Own goal.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
whats with the tt stalling? is it still cap issues or what? this would have been a good game for him to get his first nhl taste. oh well. any word on the lineup tonight? any call ups at all or is brookbank playing forward?</p>

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Teuvo stalling is because he just made a transatlantic flight yesterday. He's gotten 1 practice in with the Hawks and he's probably jetlagged as hell.</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
I have seen on the hawks site that both Morin, Carey and Teravainen are in town.  So, I believe one of them could fill the role of Kaner, one can take Saad's spot, and one can take the role of Karpotsev in the press box.</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phranchk" data-cid="223904" data-time="1395425443">
<div>

Teuvo stalling is because he just made a transatlantic flight yesterday. He's gotten 1 practice in with the Hawks and he's probably jetlagged as hell.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Jet lag, he is a professional hockey player, they don't get Jet lag!</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
Carolina is in their usual funk right now.  With only 69 pts of the year and just holding off Ottawa for the 12th spot in the conference, they have very little scoring and have allowed 195 goals against.  and are 4-6-0 in their last 10.  So, I don't think Teuvo has any issue playing against a team that has about as much of a threat as the Islanders/Florida or Buffalo</p>

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="223901" data-time="1395424191">
<div>

No Teuvo... we lose 98-1 Own goal.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Seabrook?</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tvltre" data-cid="223906" data-time="1395425521">
<div>

Jet lag, he is a professional hockey player, they don't get Jet lag!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Could be worse. In the old days, players took the Greyhound bus everywhere. Could have had dog lag. :icon-confused:</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Well I have a good feeling about this game. Canes have been slumping, saw some of their fans writing hilarious meltdowns about the direction of their team moving forward.</p>

</p>

One included, trade Ward, Staal and build around Skinner. </p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="223915" data-time="1395429008">
<div>

Well I have a good feeling about this game. Canes have been slumping, saw some of their fans writing hilarious meltdowns about the direction of their team moving forward.</p>

</p>

One included, trade Ward, Staal and build around Skinner. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Feel bad for Skinner.  Only guy on the team that knows how to put the puck in the net.  </p>

Staal could be that #2 center, but probably wouldn't want to go for that and a pay cut of that 9.25mil he makes a year.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tvltre" data-cid="223917" data-time="1395429811">
<div>

Feel bad for Skinner.  Only guy on the team that knows how to put the puck in the net.  </p>

Staal could be that #2 center, but probably wouldn't want to go for that and a pay cut of that 9.25mil he makes a year.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yea he's still only 22 with a lot of NHL experience at this point. He could sniff the 45-50 goal range if he is ever healthy for a full year and playing with the right people.</p>

</p>

As far as Eric Staal, never been a big fan. He came into this league with such a bang, its hard to believe he is so far down the totem pole of elite talent today. He could still return to his 75-80 point years, but at this point any team paying him and banking on that is a gamble.</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="223921" data-time="1395430611">
<div>

Yea he's still only 22 with a lot of NHL experience at this point. He could sniff the 45-50 goal range if he is ever healthy for a full year and playing with the right people.</p>

</p>

As far as Eric Staal, never been a big fan. He came into this league with such a bang, its hard to believe he is so far down the totem pole of elite talent today. He could still return to his 75-80 point years, but at this point any team paying him and banking on that is a gamble.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That is a huge gamble and your right, he did come in with so much promise.  To bad.  </p>

</p>

Well, time will tell about Skinner if he locks himself down there in Carolina or lets himself be traded.  He has a few more years on the contract.  We shall see.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would be cool to see him school fellow Finn, Pekka Rinne, a couple times.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phranchk" data-cid="223904" data-time="1395425443">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I hated my first flight to Chicago due to the long jetlag and shit..... After that, I got used to it. I love flying now... 

I'm sure TT is going through the same thing.</p>

</p>
<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="223935" data-time="1395444404">
<div>

Would be cool to see him school fellow Finn, Pekka Rinne, a couple times.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>

</p>

Not if they decide to bring their Carter Hutton in.... -.- Pekker is playing in Calgary tonight. </p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Handzus needs to be put out to pasture. Where is Tonya Harding's bodyguard when you need him? I've grown to DESPISE him more than I ever did Brunette. He is fucking GOD AWFUL.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="223941" data-time="1395454020">
<div>

Handzus needs to be put out to pasture. Where is Tonya Harding's bodyguard when you need him? I've grown to DESPISE him more than I ever did Brunette. He is fucking GOD AWFUL.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Remember the morons on here that were happy about Handzus?  How he was the veteran 2C we needed?  I told everyone the guy fuckin sucked but **I** was the idiot for that.</p>

</p>

Thank God Teuvo is here now.  Fuck Handzus.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="223943" data-time="1395455390">
<div>

ALL HAIL !!!! TEUVO THE FIN</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Damn fucking right.</p>

</p>

Just wait til the Finnish prince graces our presence on Sunday!</p>

</p>

GO TT GO!</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
TT will save us from Regin who is pile of AHL. </p>

</p>

Game sucked. Officials got too whistle happy and no flow. Take the 2 points happily though.</p>

</p>

Who the hell is that Khabibulin wanna be in Carolina? Pretty good goalie.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="223942" data-time="1395454158">

Remember the morons on here that were happy about Handzus?  How he was the veteran 2C we needed?  I told everyone the guy fuckin sucked but **I** was the idiot for that.

Thank God Teuvo is here now.  Fuck Handzus.</p></blockquote>
Haha, you think Q is going to replace Zeus with Teuvo...