3 best/worst Bears of week 1

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I know that this is late but I’ve been busy, It’s better late than never anyway.

Sunday’s game against the Packers had the whole fan base pissed off, and rightfully so, the Bears blew a fourth quarter lead to Aaron Rodgers in a fashion that is all to familiar to us. Multiple mistakes and oversights in the second half led to the Bears demise. While there were some standout performers on the field, there was also a lot of very poor play from other certain individuals.

Let’s start with the good:

3. Cody Parkey

13266a0153fbdead0a7f6af29339d1c9.jpg

After a shaky preseason, Parkey quieted the doubters at least for now with a 3/3 field goal performance.

2. Jordan Howard

5b858c942bce4d488dde2417c4363ba2.jpg

Howard put together a solid game on the ground with 82 yards on 5.5 yards a carry. But perhaps the most impressive part of his performance was that he hauled in all 5 targets for 25 yards. After his hands were questioned all of last year, Howard showed promising strides in the passing game

1. Khalil Mack

35745be2bd961462357a2df71ed8417b.jpg

Duhhhhh..... Mack absolutely dominated in his first game in the Bears uni, recording a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, interception, and touchdown. Mack was consistently pressuring Rodgers and Kizer when he was in the game. If this is how he plays with only a week of experience in the system and without having had participated in any football for months, I can’t wait to see how he plays in the coming weeks.

Honorable Mention: Roy Robertson-Harris

f8d6c7cd0e72a1f481bcac3778488712.jpg

Had a sack and also was the pressure that caused the pick six. This guy needs to be starting over the magical disappearing man Jonathan Bullard.

Now for the bad:

3. Dion Sims

423f4f04eb455dbe007075bd3a79075a.jpg

Lots of people thought Sims should’ve been cut after the preseason, I wasn’t one of them. I believed he was more valuable than both Brown and Braunecker, at least as a blocker. But as a receiver he is making it harder to justify giving him any snaps. He is just a liability in passing situations and that route he ran short of the first on 3rd & 1 sums Dion Sims up perfectly.

2. Nick Kwiatkowski

87d3c26f05ffe491ce99d0919f01a2a4.png

Kwiatkowski won the starting job next to Trevathan this offseason after a Roquan Smith holdout and injury. Although, after one game he may have already lost it. Smith, in the very few snaps he played, made an impact. Kwiatkowski on the other hand, was slow, he was slow in his decision making, he was slow in his reactions, he got abused by Rodgers in coverage. While I wouldn’t say Kwiatkowski is a bad player, he is definitely not the guy we should be relying on as the second middle linebacker going forward. Roquan should be the starter on Monday.

1. Fuller & Amukamara

aa0835bcc9fe3a8c93f8908a2828ad3f.png

Not a good start for the two starting corners. Both made bad plays that played a hand in the Bears loss. Let’s start with Amukamara (a guy I’ve never been a big fan of), in my opinion if your a corner and you can’t force turnovers, then you aren’t worth a damn. Amukamara had a few chances to make plays and totally failed. There was one play in particular where he made a bad play on the ball and the receiver caught it right over him, and then followed that up with a poor tackle. As for Fuller, the dropped interception is clearly a killer, as that would have won them the game. But I’d like to talk more about the touchdown he gave up. I’ve seen some Bears fans give him a pass on that play because it was a great throw (which it was), but Geronimo Allison is Green Bay’s 3rd wide receiver. These are the guys that Kyle Fuller should have no problems completely shutting down. He’s getting paid like a top 5 corner, and as far as I’m concerned, those are the standards we need to be holding him to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk