3 best/worst Bears of week 3

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
The Bears defeated the Arizona Cardinals 16-14 in a very sloppy game. The defense was once again the big story, forcing 4 straight turnovers in the second half after a rough first few drives were some broken coverages gave up two easy touchdowns. The offense, once again was rough for the most part, struggling to finish once in the red zone. Although it wasn’t pretty, a win’s a win and the Bears or on top of the NFC North once again.

Let’s start with the good:

3. Bryce Callahan

03d47aab0df31691a3a4404f4d117708.png

Was between him or Eddie Jackson, but I went with Callahan since his pick pretty much shut the door closed and ended the Josh Rosen fairy tale ending.

2. Khalil Mack

d152f298155db4c1d9f4b23833450cdc.jpg

It’s been hard not to include Mack on this list since he’s been so dominant in these first few games. Mack sacked Bradford twice (forcing a fumble on one) and added five tackles including one for a loss.

1. Sherrick McManis

8d8877a49cc4b54eb61e2916b151a096.png

McManis had a monstrous game, intercepting Sam Bradford for his first pick since his rookie season in 2010. McManis also added a beautiful special teams tackle, and a sack that ended the game. I’ve always liked McManis because of the way he plays special teams, he doesn’t take that phase of the game for granted and because of that he’s made a career for himself. I like to see him play well.

And now for the bad (honestly there wasn’t anybody who was truly awful):

3. Mitch Trubisky

82fa83184cb6c3dcbb8de746099080a6.jpg

Trubisky for the second game in a row, made some horrendous decisions. From not diving on the fumble, to that throw to Robinson on the crossing route that was nearly intercepted by Tre Boston, to a few bad misses including the fade to Robinson at the goal line. Trubisky has to improve if this offense is going to reach its maximum potential.

2. Coaching Staff

9631342b4327145dca7bb65d988ed901.png

Lots of questionable coaching decisions tonight. Timeout management was bad, the decisions on whether or not to go for it on fourth down were questionable. I also don’t like some of the runs they use Howard on (runs that are clearly more for Cohen). Nagy has made some really weird decisions so far in his career as a head coach. But I have confidence he’ll get better in those areas.

1. Offensive line

aa15ad7ed1b550bb2b74967552d99eb9.jpg

I thought it was a disappointing game for this unit, the could not establish a consistent a consistent run game with Howard only averaging 2.5 yards a carry. This being against a mediocre front seven, I expected better from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with everything here. Except I'd put Mack at the top.......the oline had to account for him almost every play and he caused the TE to stay and help chip block a lot which took a receiver out for a couple seconds out of the route.....still had 2 sacks, a lot of pressures, and a TO.....guy has been nothing short of fucking ridiculous...

Mack is on pace for 21 Sacks, 16 forced fumbles, 78 tackles, and 5 Ints

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Danny Trevathan should be somewhere on the worst performers list aft that abysmal 1st quarter

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Good

1. Mack. He is outstanding. Future HOF
2. Secondary 3 INTs.
3. O'Donnell Punts were pinning Cardinals back deep in their own territory

The Bad
1. Mitch Trubisky. Especially the first half. Burn that first half tape. It was awful. Did better in second half with some nice passes.
2. ILBs especially Trevathan. Let the first TD wide open and could've tackled Rosen inbounds to seal the game. Also the TD to Johnson was horrible.
3. O-line run blocking yuck.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything here. Except I'd put Mack at the top.......the oline had to account for him almost every play and he caused the TE to stay and help chip block a lot which took a receiver out for a couple seconds out of the route.....still had 2 sacks, a lot of pressures, and a TO.....guy has been nothing short of fucking ridiculous...

Mack is on pace for 21 Sacks, 16 forced fumbles, 78 tackles, and 5 Ints

I am beginning to think Mack was held back by the Raiders. He was the soley responsibly for their while entire pass rush..no help at all. it seems all Defenses had to do was just game plan for Mack and thats' it. Last year, even with Mack, the Raiders had 31 sacks, which was 24th in the league on the season.

This year without Mack the Raiders have 3 sacks in 3 games, averaging a measly 1 sack per game! They are literally last in the league, while we are 1st with 14 sacks lol!!!

Mack's a beast. We were already 7th in the league last year in sacks...now everyone is feasting along with him!