nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Tldw;

1) Kwit not looking like shit. He probably makes the roster, but I still feel like he is too big of a liability in pass protection despite his ability to stuff the run.

2) Great effort by Kwit, Bush, and Shelley on the Bush interception returned for a TD.

3) Excellent run blocking on Nall's 69 yd run.

4) Bars looking solid at tackle. Against scrubs anyway.

5) And of course Eddie's 58yd FG.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As much as i dislike Kwit, he is obviously our best option at #3 ILB and hold special teams value. If he ever has to be put into regular season action our defense would have to account for his lack of pass coverage somehow unfortunately.

Iggy is still inconsistent, Woods looks super athletic and there's always effort but still super raw at diagnosing plays.

Does anyone think Nall will make it as #4 over Whyte? He has really showed out AGAIN this preseason.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As much as i dislike Kwit, he is obviously our best option at #3 ILB and hold special teams value. If he ever has to be put into regular season action our defense would have to account for his lack of pass coverage somehow unfortunately.

Iggy is still inconsistent, Woods looks super athletic and there's always effort but still super raw at diagnosing plays.

Does anyone think Nall will make it as #4 over Whyte? He has really showed out AGAIN this preseason.

You're probably right, I do like Woods but I don't think he's ready (yet). I'm like 50/50 on Nall and Whyte. Will be interesting to see which way that goes. I'd give a slight edge to Nall because of special teams though. We're already good at returner, which would be where Whyte could contribute. On the flip side, I don't know that you could successfully stash Whyte's speed on the practice squad.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I enjoy this guy's youtube videos. The problem with Kwit is he will never sack Rodgers or even a mediocre tier QB. While those same QBs will torch him in the middle. I could scheme an entire game off Kwit's impossible slowness.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I enjoy this guy's youtube videos. The problem with Kwit is he will never sack Rodgers or even a mediocre tier QB. While those same QBs will torch him in the middle. I could scheme an entire game off Kwit's impossible slowness.
Rodgers tore him apart in coverage 2018 season opener ugh

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Tldw;

1) Kwit not looking like shit. He probably makes the roster, but I still feel like he is too big of a liability in pass protection despite his ability to stuff the run.

2) Great effort by Kwit, Bush, and Shelley on the Bush interception returned for a TD.

3) Excellent run blocking on Nall's 69 yd run.

4) Bars looking solid at tackle. Against scrubs anyway.

5) And of course Eddie's 58yd FG.
With the injuries, it doesn't look like the Bears have any choice but make Bars their back OT.

Kwit - Never any doubt he was making the team, likely #1 backup ILB... unless someone wants to trade for him, which I don't see happening. I don't think Iggy is ready. Some buzz about Woods but Pierre-Louise is a ST guy whose not PS eligible. I don't know how Woods has done on ST, but I expect Pierre and Kwit to be on the 53.