5 Reasons LeBron won't come to Chicago.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
LBJ Free Agency: 5 Questions on Bulls > Knicks premise - Knicks Blog - ESPN New York

Such as:

* Will the owner (Jerry Reinsdorf) be willing to spend whatever it takes to surround him with the right type of supporting cast?

Let's not forget that Reinsdorf has a well-earned reputation as being one of the more frugal owners in the league (he broke up a dynasty following the 1998 three-peat because in large part because he did not want to commit long-term dollars to Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen for what would be the downsides of their careers). Noah becomes a restricted free agent in 2011, and Rose in 2012. Is Reinsdorf willing to commit $150 million or more in long-term dollars (plus luxury tax money) to those two players on top of what he'll be paying James and another top-tier free agent? James will have no such qualms when it comes to the wallet-opening tendencies of Jim Dolan, who has shelled out luxury tax payments from Cablevision's deep coffers to pay for horrible teams over the better part of the past decade.

* What do I know about the new coach, Tom Thibodeau?

The answer: Practically nothing when compared to what he knows of Mike D'Antoni. If you count up all the hours LeBron has spent on planes, trains, hotels and buses with D'Antoni since 2006, when the James first started playing under D'Antoni (and Mike Krzyzewski and Nate McMillan) with Team USA, you start running into the high triple-digits. D'Antoni and James have been together for dinners at the Wynn resort in Las Vegas, at U.S. military bases in South Korea, at Morton's in Macau, at Starbucks in Shanghai, and inside the locker room in Beijing when James celebrated the greatest accomplishment of his professional career by winning an Olympic gold medal in 2008.

* Who is my 3-point shooter?

It won't be Kirk Hinrich, since he is heading to the Wizards on July 8. It won't be Rose, because he can't shoot the 3 (27 pct last season). It won't be Jannero Pargo, since he will be an unrestricted free agent and is not guaranteed to return, and it might not be Deng, because he may have to be used as a sign-and-trade chip to acquire that second max free agent (especially if that second player is Chris Bosh, who stands to make $30 million extra if he changes teams through a sign-and-trade deal). With the Knicks, he'd at least have Danilo Gallinari, who can stroke it so well that D'Antoni (in a mouthful of comment last fall) has described him as the best shooter he has ever seen.

* Can Rose play off the ball?

That is one of the great unknowns in this whole equation, because Rose has shown himself (like James) to be a player who is most effective when he has the ball in his hands to run the offense. Can Rose subjugate his game to be the type of spot-up shooter that Mo Williams was in Cleveland? And what about the defensive end? Can Rose defend opposing point guards better than, or as well as, Toney Douglas can? Granted, Douglas is somewhat of an unknown on that level in the pros, and D'Antoni probably hurt himself in that department by limiting Douglas' minutes in favor of Chris Duhon last season. But Douglas was the defensive player of the year in the ACC during his final season at Florida State, and there's no taking that off his resume.

* Can the Bulls improve themselves in the summer of 2011 as much as the Knicks can?

If the Bulls hang onto Deng and sign James and another max free agent, they will be over the cap in the summer of 2011 and will have only the mid-level exception to use (and there is a caveat there, too, since owners want to eliminate the MLE in the next collective bargaining agreement). If Deng is moved in a sign-and-trade, the Bulls will still be committed to at least $51 million in salaries for 2011-12, which would theoretically leave them some $5-6 million under the cap, thereby depriving them of the use of the mid-level exception (The MLE is not available to under-the-cap teams). The Knicks, on the other hand, will have Eddy Curry's $11.3 million salary coming off the books a year from now. If New York has two max players, plus Gallinari, Douglas, Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker on the books for the '11-12 season, that adds up to roughly $45 million in salaries. And if the 2011-12 cap comes in at $56 million again, New York will have $11 million to spend on putting supplemental pieces around their core -- an especially salient point given that the owners are seeking a hard salary cap in the new labor agreement.

Just a little food for thought for y'all to chew on until, and after, 12:01 a.m. arrives Thursday.

This is BY FAR the worst article I've ever read in my entire life. The owner already came out and said he would spend $$$$. Rose can't play off the ball? WTF? The only one that makes any sense is the 3pt shooting but that lost it's case when he said Pargo was a spot up shooter.

This is terrible.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
A lot of what was said was pretty inaccurate

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
yeah, i wont take any of that seriously.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah this article is just written by a complete Knicks homer. The reasons are all completely poor reasons as to why LeBron wouldnt come here.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It is written from the Knicks blog after all.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
O, wow, didnt see that.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah when i read that this morning i felt like ripping this guy a new one.

That whole building a roster in the future part is the most garbage. Sheridan never heard of Bird rights? Yeah Maybe the Knicks can add pieces later on but the Bulls already have young pieces NOW that arent going anywhere. Are they going to be able to afford a young all-star point guard with that extra 11M? Probably not. Are they going to find a C who can be in the top of the league in rebounding and average a double double and play good defense? Who knows. I dont see any coming on the market besides Yao and they wont get him for 11M.

Jerry will spend the luxury tax because his teams will be bringing in championships if they get LeBron and another piece. Its just that simple.

Look, New York is freaking out right now. Media outlets, Knicks FO, fans, etc. They know their team is just not attractive right now in comparison to CHI and MIA. They keep hearing all the speculation about these other teams getting the top tier FAs and its scaring them. They are just writing garbage to get New Yorkers off the edge of the cliff. Only NY fans are dumb enough to listen to the crap they throw at them. Ive been listening to a lot of NY radio and these people are shitting themselves. Theyve torn their team apart the past two years and havent been to the playoffs since like 04. They have the most cap room right now(assuming Wade resigns) and they could possibly end up with just Boozer or Joe Johnson.

I mean, we have good players already and at the very least we're gonna get somebody good and look at how a lot of Bulls fans are freaking out. Imagine whats going through their heads being talked up as players for so long. Its gonna end badly for Knick fans.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
hey what can you say its the NY Knicks.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
Yeah when i read that this morning i felt like ripping this guy a new one.

That whole building a roster in the future part is the most garbage. Sheridan never heard of Bird rights? Yeah Maybe the Knicks can add pieces later on but the Bulls already have young pieces NOW that arent going anywhere. Are they going to be able to afford a young all-star point guard with that extra 11M? Probably not. Are they going to find a C who can be in the top of the league in rebounding and average a double double and play good defense? Who knows. I dont see any coming on the market besides Yao and they wont get him for 11M.

Jerry will spend the luxury tax because his teams will be bringing in championships if they get LeBron and another piece. Its just that simple.

Look, New York is freaking out right now. Media outlets, Knicks FO, fans, etc. They know their team is just not attractive right now in comparison to CHI and MIA. They keep hearing all the speculation about these other teams getting the top tier FAs and its scaring them. They are just writing garbage to get New Yorkers off the edge of the cliff. Only NY fans are dumb enough to listen to the crap they throw at them. Ive been listening to a lot of NY radio and these people are shitting themselves. Theyve torn their team apart the past two years and havent been to the playoffs since like 04. They have the most cap room right now(assuming Wade resigns) and they could possibly end up with just Boozer or Joe Johnson.

I mean, we have good players already and at the very least we're gonna get somebody good and look at how a lot of Bulls fans are freaking out. Imagine whats going through their heads being talked up as players for so long. Its gonna end badly for Knick fans.
Jerry already said he would go over the luxury for great teams or great players.

And the guy brought up Gallineri like he's the missing piece to LeBron's puzzle. *****ING REALLY? Mo Williams was the same player.

And he would leave a Bulls/Miami dynasty for freaking New York or New Jersey/Cavs to play with either himself or another great player instead of playing with 3-4 great players? LOL

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
hey what can you say its the NY Knicks.

Reasons New York will not get LeBron:

1. You are a losing franchise.

2. You do not play defense.

3. Derrick Rose does not play for New York.

4. Bulls>Knicks, Obama>Bloomberg,Deep dish>Thin Crust,Chris Richard> Eddy Curry

5. All I have for reason #5 is a video of you getting punked ( I have more punked videos on a request basis.):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFKhpMKX0E&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - NBA Moment - 1993 Bulls block Charles Smith[/ame]

Send LeBron to Chicago

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL at Gallo. NY fans act like he's an all-star. Gotta love a 6-10 F who stands on the perimeter, shots threes and doesnt rebound for shit.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Shocking news to the world, NY writers know more than what happens in NYC! Oh wait...

It's a smaller world in NY than some may ever imagine.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw this and this is a BS report. They think the Knicks will get Bron, lol. He will ask those questions to any team.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Two things:
1 reason the Bulls won't get LBJ: He goes to Miami to play w/ Wade and Bosh. That's it.

the other thing? This may be my favorite highlight of all time.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxG6F8qKsoQ&feature=related]YouTube - Michael Jordan's famous dunk on Patrick Ewing[/ame]