1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We are keeping Todd Collins?

Also Beekman is gone!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He is a backup with experience, they need one he wasn't all bad in those games... he can tackle actually which is a shocker for his size.

Of course their keeping Todd Collins.

Yes Beekman is gone because he looked terrible. You don't suck against Antonio Garay and expect to be a good center... Roberto Garza is the backup center then john Asiata would move to LG if anything happened to Kruetz.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a little surprised that they are keeping both Wolfe and Bell, but I don't see anyone who was cut that I would keep over either one of them, so I guess that makes sense. Wolfe does too much on special teams to cut him and Bell will be good to have if Forte or Taylor gets hurt.

SBB1316

Liked Posts:
Wolfe is very good on special teams, so he makes sense to keep. Beekman had a horrendous preseason and he's out because of it. The 2007 and 2009 drafts continue to be a walking disaster.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow Beekman actually surprises me. But I guess he was awful at center which is what the Bears wanted him as..not a center. The Bears really need to draft a guy next season who's goal will be to become Kreutz' replacement.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Wow Beekman actually surprises me. But I guess he was awful at center which is what the Bears wanted him as..not a center. The Bears really need to draft a guy next season who's goal will be to become Kreutz' replacement.

That depends if there is NFL next year. Knowing JA they'll try to keep Edwin Williams on the PS and hype him as the next center or they'll move Garza to center full time next season and pretend it was always their plan.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That depends if there is NFL next year. Knowing JA they'll try to keep Edwin Williams on the PS and hype him as the next center or they'll move Garza to center full time next season and pretend it was always their plan.

lol...I'm hoping JA isnt with the team after this season...Along with the rest of that coaching staff.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Bears obviously got decimated at LB last year..why cut Shaw (ST badass) and keep Bell? Makes no sense.

I'm surprised about Gilbert more than anything. JA is an epic failure.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears obviously got decimated at LB last year..why cut Shaw (ST badass) and keep Bell? Makes no sense.

I'm surprised about Gilbert more than anything. JA is an epic failure.
Shaw was cut because he contributed nothing on defense and Iwuh does the same thing Shaw does, but he can contribute on defense.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with cutting Shaw. Iwuh can do everything Shaw does (and more) on special teams, and he's looked good filling in for Briggs at WLB. With Iwuh you have a "new and improved" Shaw.

I didn't think they would keep Bell because I thought they would only carry 3 RBs, but he's shown that he can run the football, (admittedly, mostly against 2nd string defenses) and I guess the Bears felt he was too good to cut. If it came down to cutting either Wolfe or Bell, I would've cut Bell, but I'm glad the Bears were able to keep both.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why the fuck would we cut LeFevour?

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
JA said they aren't carrying 4 QBs, and the signing of Todd Collins sealed his fate.

That's just dumb. He's better than both Hanie and Collins. I don't get the move at all.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's just dumb. He's better than both Hanie and Collins. I don't get the move at all.
:rolling:
LeFevour is in no way better than either Hanie or Collins.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LeFevour might be back on the Practice Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.