53 Man Season

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry draftnik haters. 53 man season is 3 months long. Eat it. With rotational guesses in parenthesis to enhance roster construction. New positions (hybrid backer and zebra) etc. I believe Pace works with a two man concept. Between Nagy/Fangs adding hybrids(fangs probably to cover hybrids asked for cover backers delivered to tune of one first, one fourth, and Nyles Morgan to practice squad to cover zebras probably).

Parenthesis is for depth purposes to assess who is actually there for reps at the position. Brackets are for particularly severe camp battles or practice squad battles. Pace has yet to cut his guys, so I am hesitant to make those predictions though that time in his tenure has arrived. inaccuracies will likely stem from this hedge.

QB 1. Trubisky 2. Daniels 48. Bray
RB 3. Howard 49. Cunningham (Nall)
Scatback 4. Cohen 50. Mizzell (Gabriel)
ZEBRA 5. Burton 6. Shaheen (Nall)
FB/HB 51. Nall (Burton)
Z 7. Gabriel 8. Miller (Cohen)
X 9. Robinson (White) 52. Wims (
Y 10. White (Miller) (Gabriel) 53.[WRBrown/Fowler/Ayers/Bellamy]
TE 11. Simms 12. Shaheen (Burton) [PS battle Brown/Braunecker]
T 13. Leno 14. Massie (Long) 54. [Sowell/Kush/Morgan]
G (Whitehair) 15. Long 16. Daniels 17. [Kush/Morgan/Watford]
C 18. Whitehair (Daniels) 55. Grasu
ST 19. Parkey 20. Megapunt 21. Scales

DT 22. Goldman 23. Jenkins (Hicks) (Nichols)
RDE 24. Hicks 25. Harris
LDE 26. Bullard (Harris) 27. Nichols
ROLB 28. Floyd (Irving) (Acho) . Fitts
LOLB 29. Lynch 30. [Irving/Acho] 31. [Irving/Acho]
FS 32. Jackson 33. [Houston-Carson/Hall] (HS/Hall)
SS 34. Amos 35. Bush
NB 36. Callahan 37. Hall
Hybrid 38. Smith 39. Iggy (Nyles Morgan practice squad)
ILB 40. Trevaithon (Smith) 41. Kwiatkowski (Iggy) 48. [Timu/Anderson]
LCB 42. Fuller 43.Le Blanc
RCB 44. Prince 45. [Tolliver/Cooper]
ST 46. OLB Jones 47. McManis
PS 1. Morgan 2. Coward 3. Gentry 4. Fant 5. Brown/Braunecker 6. Arizona RB 7. Jones

Final cuts to me come down about to this below. Where things are tightest. Keep 2-3

Grasu/Sowelll OLBJones Timu/Anderson Cunningham/Mizzell TEBrown/Braunecker/Nall WRBRown/Ayers/Fowler/Bellamy Tolliver/Cooper loser

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The case for paying Hankins starter money, is that Goldman instantly upgrades starting LDE snaps. So you are adding a high level starter in your base 3-4. Yes you play a bunch of nickel, but you increase your top of roster depth in that rotation, have 3 guys to plug and play all season and keep guards off of Smith and Iggy which we need to do.

I know it doesn't make perfect sense, and if only we could get Jackson from Jacksonville, but if we can make a fair offer to Hankins now, in my mind it does upgrade a starting position, and our most scrutinized roster area. Harris/Bullard/Nichols/Jenkins have alot to prove. Smashing an NFL starter down on top of that list...makes it go from stomach churning, to hell yeah.

I say go for it. Don't let him leave the building. Hankins would make a great monster of the mid way, give leverage and insurance with Goldman, and I just think would double down by investing in our investment in key players...Goldman, Floyd, Hicks, Smith should all see better opportunities and less wear and tear from addition of Hankins.

Whenever we go to Goldman/Hankins/Hicks on running downs, with hybrid speed backers behind them...fuck off. Shore up that trench battle, get the baddest hog around and lean a little less on Goldman and Hicks. I think those two can be even more explosive if they carry a little less.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
The case for paying Hankins starter money, is that Goldman instantly upgrades starting LDE snaps. So you are adding a high level starter in your base 3-4. Yes you play a bunch of nickel, but you increase your top of roster depth in that rotation, have 3 guys to plug and play all season and keep guards off of Smith and Iggy which we need to do.

I know it doesn't make perfect sense, and if only we could get Jackson from Jacksonville, but if we can make a fair offer to Hankins now, in my mind it does upgrade a starting position, and our most scrutinized roster area. Harris/Bullard/Nichols/Jenkins have alot to prove. Smashing an NFL starter down on top of that list...makes it go from stomach churning, to hell yeah.

I say go for it. Don't let him leave the building. Hankins would make a great monster of the mid way, give leverage and insurance with Goldman, and I just think would double down by investing in our investment in key players...Goldman, Floyd, Hicks, Smith should all see better opportunities and less wear and tear from addition of Hankins.

Whenever we go to Goldman/Hankins/Hicks on running downs, with hybrid speed backers behind them...fuck off. Shore up that trench battle, get the baddest hog around and lean a little less on Goldman and Hicks. I think those two can be even more explosive if they carry a little less.

I'd do simple Hankins for Jenkins roster swap. Improves BOTH NT and DEs in quality depth. Jenkins is really not that good and spends most of his time on the ground.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd do simple Hankins for Jenkins roster swap. Improves BOTH NT and DEs in quality depth. Jenkins is really not that good and spends most of his time on the ground.

Or let Bullard and RRH, who both played well last season, keep developing at the RE spot which really is a rotational player and save the 6-8 million you will spend on Hankins.

Take that 6-8 million that you save an extend Goldman and Amos in camp, and then have even more money in the budget next season to go shopping for a RT or maybe an OLB.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m probably with Windy on all that. I understand. Can’t have every toy.

Signing the best available DE/NT/OLB would not hurt my feelings though. And I’m just pointing out it doesn’t have to be DE to upgrade the starter and depth there due to Goldmans versatility.

I’d put us squarely in the looks like a playoff team before injuries category. Another year and we should have depth to compete every single week with anyone...IF Trubisky pans out.