A bit off topic but come on!!!

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I am convinced that Marvin Lewis has some serious dirt on the owner of the Bengals. Maybe some pedo pics? How does this guy continue to keep his job after 15 years?!!!:obama:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, the owner of the Bengals was practically begging Lewis to return. What in the actual fuck is going on in Cincy? How does someone so bad stay for 17 years? Is he pegging the owner?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i think it might have something to do with the fact that lewis doesnt give a fuck when it comes to a players character... or arrest record.

most coaches probably wouldnt want to deal with that shit.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I think it has more to do with the fact that Lewis has proven to be a consistent winner. The bengals have competed for a playoff spot almost every year he's been there. The bengals from the 90's and early 2000's were basically the browns of now.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think it has more to do with the fact that Lewis has proven to be a consistent winner. The bengals have competed for a playoff spot almost every year he's been there. The bengals from the 90's and early 2000's were basically the browns of now.

I think it’s this. Some don’t remember how bad the “Bungals” use to be.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Some owners realize switching coaches isn't always the answer.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some owners realize switching coaches isn't always the answer.

The concept isn't foreign to me. Except no team in the league has stayed with a coach for 17 years with Marvin Lewis' level of production.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Lewis made the playoffs once in his first 8 years, and lost by two TDs.

How did he last that long?

It was after all that time that he started making the playoffs as a wild card team, losing every time. So even AFTER the run of playoff appearances, Lewis STILL did not have a single playoff victory in 15 seasons. At this point, they had a near-impossible collapse in a loss to Pittsburgh. That alone would doom a coach.

At that point, they fell off and missed the playoffs two more years.

17 years. Zero playoff wins.

It was at THIS point, Bengals’ management decided it was time for an extension.

Don’t tell me they are better than before Lewis came. They have had more players in legal trouble than any team in the league and no playoff wins during this coach’s tenure. It is mind boggling that Marvin Lewis has a job.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Supposedly the reason Brown gave for re-signing Lewis was that the team rebounded in the last two games, the players like him, continuity,etc.

An 0-7 playoff record is not inspiring.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
0-7 in 7 years is bad.

Zero in 17? Awful

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
failing to win a playoff game in 15 fucking years is enough for me to say fuck it and try something new.

hes had enough time, i dont care if he wins somewhat in the regular season, he clearly cant get over the hump.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
0-7 in 7 years is bad.

Zero in 17? Awful

Well 15 now and 17 assuming nothing in the next two seasons. Which seems like a safe bet lol.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Heard Hub say they're the cheapest ownership in the NFL, and he's usually pretty in the know when it comes to the business side of the NFL.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheapest and biggest suckers? Sounds like Cleveland.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
The Bengals have made a lot of questionable personnel and player transactions over the years. Somehow keeping Lewis does not surprise me one bit.