A couple nuggets from the game(week 3)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

From the article

Matt Nagy’s plan seemed to be to get the ball out of Fields’ hands quickly. His average release time of 2.63 seconds was 10th-fastest among Week 3 starters. But that type of game plan is supposed to create layups and easy completions for the quarterback. Instead, 45 percent of Fields’ attempts were into tight windows. That’s the highest percentage for any quarterback in a game this season, and it’s not particularly close.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one time Justin held the ball was on a max protect with no one open. Nagy had every receiver run hooks at the first down.

The 2.63 proves he wasn't holding the ball.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
The one time Justin held the ball was on a max protect with no one open. Nagy had every receiver run hooks at the first down.

Another stat was 6 of 8 sacks was him holding on 4 seconds plus. If true… no one is open and he needs to throw it away. He did get sacked escaping the pocket and looking downfield a few times or while trying to run. All in all….. shiiiiiiiitty Matthew

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

That’s nagys go to route

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Another stat was 6 of 8 sacks was him holding on 4 seconds plus. If true… no one is open and he needs to throw it away. He did get sacked escaping the pocket and looking downfield a few times or while trying to run. All in all….. shiiiiiiiitty Matthew
This is kind of a warped stat for mobile QBs who almost always have higher time to throw on sacks - because they will attempt to scramble and extend a play - which is what you want a QB like that to do. Curious to see the average time to pressure on the sacks, if hes getting 3 seconds before getting pressured then its on the QB, if hes getting pressured within 2 seconds and scrambling for another 2-3 then thats an unreasonably short time to pressure.

With that said, I think Fields learned the hardway how fast NFL pursuit is, and that hes not going to comfortably beat guys like Garret out of the pocket when our OL gives them a free rush - he needs to adjust the clock in his head and hit the "dump it" button sooner - that will come with experience.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
This seems to be very positive for Fields. A QB that young who can read that quickly is pretty impressive. So either the route trees were bad or we have receivers who couldn't get open.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The only people fooled with Nagy's game plan was the Bears offense
After so many years of him, I don't think the offense was fooled either. They knew another pathetic offensive game plan was coming.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

From the article

Matt Nagy’s plan seemed to be to get the ball out of Fields’ hands quickly. His average release time of 2.63 seconds was 10th-fastest among Week 3 starters. But that type of game plan is supposed to create layups and easy completions for the quarterback. Instead, 45 percent of Fields’ attempts were into tight windows. That’s the highest percentage for any quarterback in a game this season, and it’s not particularly close.

Another positive development here is that now Chris Simms can think fields is good because he got the ball out quick. That was all that mattered to him. Results be damned

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This seems to be very positive for Fields. A QB that young who can read that quickly is pretty impressive. So either the route trees were bad or we have receivers who couldn't get open.
I'll let someone who has access to the all 22 chime in here but it seemed like alot more of the same curl/comeback routes where the DBs are playing off and sitting/playing downhill. Not a good combo, especially if your line sucks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I somehow missed those 29%, all i saw was a DB draped over the receivers shoulder, I don't recall any open receivers thrown to all game.

Gonna be honest, if thats aaron rodgers or tom brady some of those db's would have gotten flagged.

I agree, it was the perfect shit show.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I somehow missed those 29%, all i saw was a DB draped over the receivers shoulder, I don't recall any open receivers thrown to all game.
There were like 2 plays where someone was open. Fields didnt see one and on another he threw a Trubisky that floated into the stands.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This is kind of a warped stat for mobile QBs who almost always have higher time to throw on sacks - because they will attempt to scramble and extend a play - which is what you want a QB like that to do. Curious to see the average time to pressure on the sacks, if hes getting 3 seconds before getting pressured then its on the QB, if hes getting pressured within 2 seconds and scrambling for another 2-3 then thats an unreasonably short time to pressure.

With that said, I think Fields learned the hardway how fast NFL pursuit is, and that hes not going to comfortably beat guys like Garret out of the pocket when our OL gives them a free rush - he needs to adjust the clock in his head and hit the "dump it" button sooner - that will come with experience.
Bears might have the 2nd best “just dump it” QB in the NFL to help him learn that aspect of the game. Brady obv the goat at it.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

From the article

Couple nuggets? The whole game was one giant stink nugget.