A Memo to the Fans

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After reading stories tonight about Bryan Stow (the man assaulted after the Dodgers/Giants opening game) and watching a Pittsburgh fan tazed due to public drunkenness and resisting arrest, I ask you all you truly, truly look at yourselves in the mirrors, and your friends in their faces, and make sure that you keep the rivalries on the field. There is no part of this game that is intended to directly affect the personal lives of the fans off the field. If you feel so negative towards another fan at the game, keep in mind that it's only a game, like it or not, and that person has a family at home. I don't care how big of an idiot the fan happens to be, there's no need to show off your man-hood and (cowardly) try to beat the guy up in a dark parking lot. I don't think anyone that will read this would heavily consider doing so, but the message needs to be heard regardless. The Dodger fans that beat up Bryan Stow (who is still in a medically induced coma) should be thrown in jail, no questions asked. It's absolutely ridiculous that we let a sport overcome us like this.

I'm no better than the majority of you. I get pissed when my team does something stupid and let my emotions show...but I don't find a Cardinals fan and try to beat the life out of him after the game because he's wearing the colors of a different team. I cannot express how high my level of frustration is when I hear of fan-on-fan violence every season because someone in the opposing team's stadium says, "yeah, Matt Kemp sucks like your mom." Get over it, and let the feelings of hate towards someone you've never met go away.

I "hate" the Reds, Cardinals, and White Sox more than any other team in the MLB. But I respect their fandom, and though I've gotten in arguments at opposing ballparks, I have never had it turn to violence. Let the others attending enjoy the game, go home, and wake up tomorrow knowing that it's going to be very similar to the day before. Don't end up in a jail cell with someone's health on your conscious; it is simply not worth it.

Sorry for the rant, but someone needs to say this. It absolutely sickens me, and I'm ready for it to not be an occurrence every year.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
that news to me, poor guy, yeah sports can bring out the best/worst in people, sports are crazy, they have the ability to bring us together and remove us from our problems if only for a lil bit, its one thing to root for a baseball team, but to confuse the Dodgers, Giants, or any team with a sense of personal identity, thats just unhealthy

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After reading stories tonight about Bryan Stow (the man assaulted after the Dodgers/Giants opening game) and watching a Pittsburgh fan tazed due to public drunkenness and resisting arrest, I ask you all you truly, truly look at yourselves in the mirrors, and your friends in their faces, and make sure that you keep the rivalries on the field. There is no part of this game that is intended to directly affect the personal lives of the fans off the field. If you feel so negative towards another fan at the game, keep in mind that it's only a game, like it or not, and that person has a family at home. I don't care how big of an idiot the fan happens to be, there's no need to show off your man-hood and (cowardly) try to beat the guy up in a dark parking lot. I don't think anyone that will read this would heavily consider doing so, but the message needs to be heard regardless. The Dodger fans that beat up Bryan Stow (who is still in a medically induced coma) should be thrown in jail, no questions asked. It's absolutely ridiculous that we let a sport overcome us like this.

I'm no better than the majority of you. I get pissed when my team does something stupid and let my emotions show...but I don't find a Cardinals fan and try to beat the life out of him after the game because he's wearing the colors of a different team. I cannot express how high my level of frustration is when I hear of fan-on-fan violence every season because someone in the opposing team's stadium says, "yeah, Matt Kemp sucks like your mom." Get over it, and let the feelings of hate towards someone you've never met go away.

I "hate" the Reds, Cardinals, and White Sox more than any other team in the MLB. But I respect their fandom, and though I've gotten in arguments at opposing ballparks, I have never had it turn to violence. Let the others attending enjoy the game, go home, and wake up tomorrow knowing that it's going to be very similar to the day before. Don't end up in a jail cell with someone's health on your conscious; it is simply not worth it.

Sorry for the rant, but someone needs to say this. It absolutely sickens me, and I'm ready for it to not be an occurrence every year.

Fans need to realize that bickering is fine, but when it comes out in complete stupidity with violence, than I have a problem. You see I was at the Barret AJ game and I was about 10 deep with friends, and we are all a mix of cubs and sox fans, and my younger brother tagged along and was called just a ****** sox fan, so my brother gave him the finger and next thing you know the guy hits my brother with a beer bottle over his head. stupid? yes. But at that point was it stupid for me to get involved? fuck no, not when its family. What they didnt realize was there were 10 of us and 3 of them, they thought it was just me and my bro. all in all, the moral of the story is.....dont respond back to an idiot fan. period.