A Rebuttal to Chicago Bullseye

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bullseye,

Just heard the first half of the show (had to shut it off when Mark began offering his suggestions for the WNBA).

With the exception of that and a few other things I agree with you to some extent.

It's not as good or entertaining as the NBA. If I have a choice of watching Bulls-Cavs or Mercury-Sparks I'm choosing Bulls-Cavs but if I have the choice of watching either Bobcats-Nets or Mercury-Sparks I'm taking Mercury-Sparks.

Ten years ago and even as recently as five years ago I hated the WNBA more than anyone on this forum; thought it was the amateur hours of amateur hours.

Then I saw Candace Parker take the ball and slam it down. It wasn't like when Lisa Leslie did it and barely got the ball over...Parker can really throw it down.

But most of all i realized the WNBA players, for the most part, have their fundamentals down better than many NBA players (referring to the countless number of guys who just dunk and basically nothing else).

Having said that, I agree with you that the average WNBA player isn't as good...they're smaller...when they pass it doesn't get there fast enough...just stuff like that.

It's not as good as the NBA, it's not as entertaining or fun to watch and they don't deserve equal pay till they play equal seasons but there is still some talent in this league.

Liked Posts:
Now onto the main item of dicussion.

The notion that a Bullspodcasters.com All-Star team could defeat the WNBA All-Stars (Taurasi, Parker, Bird, etc.).

Does anyone believe this?

I'm sure there are some ballers on this forum (Kush...Pfeif, Hou, Frankie Breakfast Sandwich, etc.) but if we went up against these professional players, many of which who are quicker and taller than us, we would get absolutely popped.

We'd get our beanies handed to us and it would be a grand embarrassment.

I wish there was a way to set this up and really do it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is no one on this board (that posts regularly) that could even compete with the likes of those WNBA players. Those girls can play, there's no denying that. But put a WNBA player against an NBA player, the NBA player wins.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Hou is not a baller, Hou weighs 300 lbs now...used to coach 12-13 years ago, couldn't play or coach then but was in much better shape...Hou likes to watch, and eat greasy food...had chest pains just reading that sentence man...

I haven't seen any of the dudes play, but I doubt if any of them could guard Diana Turasi...she is just gangsta! If these guys are in their 30's, I don't think they could beat those girls unless they worked out for a while and really got in shape...but who knows...

Liked Posts:
Really! Maybe you could be an Oliver Miller or a Priest Lauderdale...you could set some unbelievable picks for us...knock em on their butts. If we worked out three-five times a week (I need it too) we'd be good.

I run about 6-4" and a buck forty-six (we do LOTS of walking in China). If i get lucky i might have a good game every now and then but people always want me to play center and i never want to because I'm at an unfathomable weight disadvantage.

Is there any way we could work out a trade of some sort?

Hou: Frank's high metabolism, a conditional 2011 1st round pick and cash considerations.
Frank: 70 pounds

houheffna wrote:
Hou is not a baller, Hou weighs 300 lbs now...used to coach 12-13 years ago, couldn't play or coach then but was in much better shape...Hou likes to watch, and eat greasy food...had chest pains just reading that sentence man...

I haven't seen any of the dudes play, but I doubt if any of them could guard Diana Turasi...she is just gangsta! If these guys are in their 30's, I don't think they could beat those girls unless they worked out for a while and really got in shape...but who knows...

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be nice and very interesting to play that game. I would be ready to play PG or Sg for our bullspodcasters team. :)

With me you would have a young Kirk Hinrich! :D