A ridiculously in-depth breakdown of Forte's TD Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Real nice breakdown, but that was one play with superb blocking out of the dozens of others (both run and pass) that were just pitiful, and did I mention it was against the Raiders (one of the worst teams in the league last year at stopping the run) in a pre-season game?

It would be great if the line could replicate these types of plays in the regular season against the much better defenses they will face going full-tilt, but I seriously doubt that this line has the athleticism and wherewithal to do this on even a semi-consistent basis. This O-line is still really, really bad.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
That was a nice run and it was nice to see the potential of the o-line even if it was only one play. I would have really liked to see a halftime adjustment from Martz in that game to see if they could stop Wimbley and maybe exploit that run-d a bit more.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Real nice breakdown, but that was one play with superb blocking out of the dozens of others (both run and pass) that were just pitiful, and did I mention it was against the Raiders (one of the worst teams in the league last year at stopping the run) in a pre-season game?

It would be great if the line could replicate these types of plays in the regular season against the much better defenses they will face going full-tilt, but I seriously doubt that this line has the athleticism and wherewithal to do this on even a semi-consistent basis. This O-line is still really, really bad.

It was definitely a subpar performance by those guys. But I think even more than the OLine blocking, I was ecstatic to see Forte find a hole, explode through it, and then make a man miss on the way to the end zone. His speed through the hole and then in the open field was a great thing to see. Just hope the OL can put it together and give him more holes like that in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.