A tale of two Mocks: The Chicago Audible's recent mock draft episode

Of the two drafts in The Chicago Audible's Mock Drafts, which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I usually don't like to post videos that are too long, but this one is an interesting journey that kind of led to a unique manifestation of both lenses that are behind what each camp would like for the draft to go. One camp wants to send whatever they could to get the top QB possible: damn the torpedoes full speed ahead! Whereas, the other camp is like, there's no guarantee that the 4th or 5th dude, or even 6th, I'm looking at you Mills lovers, is going to pan out, so stock the cupboard and get a QB after these dumbasses are shown the door.

So, I'd like for you guys to watch the vid, answer the poll, and kind of put a why down below.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For forum's sake, could you/someone post the picks for each so we can easily compare?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I usually don't like to post videos that are too long, but this one is an interesting journey that kind of led to a unique manifestation of both lenses that are behind what each camp would like for the draft to go. One camp wants to send whatever they could to get the top QB possible: damn the torpedoes full speed ahead! Whereas, the other camp is like, there's no guarantee that the 4th or 5th dude, or even 6th, I'm looking at you Mills lovers, is going to pan out, so stock the cupboard and get a QB after these dumbasses are shown the door.

So, I'd like for you guys to watch the vid, answer the poll, and kind of put a why down below.

I didn't like how they wouldn't show us the other options at each position before they made they're picks for us. Like the D.Radunz pick, which i love, but they didn't show us who was there at QB or WR or any other position before taking Radunz. I'm good with that pick but would of liked to see what WR's were still on the board. Also don't like trading next years 3rd away.

Still like the first 4 picks they made for us. Haven't watched the 2nd draft yet.

2nd draft was too unrealistic as soon as the 49ers took J.Chase with the #3 overall pick in the draft when everyone knows they're taking a QB.

Then to take D.Eskridge, who i like, over Kelvin Joseph (Kentucky CB) at pick #83 i stopped.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
For forum's sake, could you/someone post the picks for each so we can easily compare?

The First Draft:

28.) (a trade back. I don't remember the details) Caleb Farley CB
52.) Dillon Radunsz OT
68.) Kellen Mond QB
74.) D'Wayne Eskridge WR
98.) Ben Cleveland IOL
133.) Andre Cisco S
195.) Shakur Brown CB
208.) Chris Rumph II EDGE

The Second Draft:

5.) (traded like 3 first rounders and a third, maybe a second as well.) Justin Fields QB
26.) Teven Jenkins OT (There was another trade here. I think some more future draft capital and a 6th from this year.)
83.) D'Wayne Eskridge WR
164.) Tre Brown CB
208.) Shi Smith WR
228.) JaCoby Stevens

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
i like the second one better. fields is a stud. cant see a trade up happening though because it takes 2 to tango.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I like the second one, but it seems like too much trade capital, so it would likely be better for the organization to go with the first.

msadows

Liked Posts:
How is that 2nd one plausible? We trade for fields and somehow still have a first rounder?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
How is that 2nd one plausible? We trade for fields and somehow still have a first rounder?

They traded again to get back into the first round. I don't remember the details. There were two trade ups. I'll edit it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm OK with smallish moves in either direction but nothing overt. We'd be giving up too much in either ability or value to do so. If Darrisaw is there at 20 and the top 5 QBs are gone, just take him.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Give these guys a hand for mocking the first two picks correctly, including a trade up in the second for Jenkins!

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Give these guys a hand for mocking the first two picks correctly, including a trade up in the second for Jenkins!

Didn't watch the video, but not sure how the Bears kept their 2nd and 3rd rd pick when trading up to #5.

Also not sure how Bears kept their 3rd rd pick to trade up into the 1st at #26

Other teams that do trades do like to get some picks back for the current draft top. They don't just trade 1st rd picks and punt until next year. Its laughable they would even mock it to happen. So no credit.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace 1-upped even this "fantasy land" mock ?

Fields @ 5? nah - grab him at 11.
Jenkins - mocked repeatedly at 20, here 26? nah - grab him at 39 for a swap of late 3rd for early 5th & 6th.

Wow.

happy happy joy joy.gif