A trade idea to get rid of Boozer and land a late 1st round pick.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Sounds too good to be true BUT...if the Bulls were to get involved in trade talks with Boston and Houston centered around the proposed Asik to Boston deal...I think the Bulls could pull it off. Check it out.

Chicago receives -
Kris Humphries (12M expiring)
Courtney Lee
The rights to Atlanta's 1st round pick currently owned by Boston (20th pick right now).

Chicago gets a big expiring contract, a 3-and-D SG and a mid-late 1st round pick in the upcoming draft at the expense of a player who will most likely be amnestied at the end of the season anyway and a 2nd round pick.

Houston receives -
Carlos Boozer
Chicago Bulls 2nd round pick

Houston likes the idea of this as Boozer fits very nicely next to Dwight Howard. Boozer is a good passer and mid-range shooter from the PF position which will open up nice looks for Dwight Howard down low and vice versa. Dwight can also mask Boozer's defensive struggles.

Boston receives -
Omer Asik
Donatas Montiejunas
Isaiah Canaan

Boston gets their man in Omer Asik and sheds salary.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
nobody wants Boozer

best we could get a is package of larry hughes and john salmons

Happy Holidays yall

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
Deng does alot more than Buster Boozers Lazy ass, Gibson does everything Buster Boozer does (Better) and he plays defense.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice deal. Too bad it would never happen.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Sounds too good to be true BUT...if the Bulls were to get involved in trade talks with Boston and Houston centered around the proposed Asik to Boston deal...I think the Bulls could pull it off. Check it out.

Chicago receives -
Courtney Lee
The rights to Atlanta's 1st round pick currently owned by Boston (20th pick right now).

Chicago gets a big expiring contract, a 3-and-D SG and a mid-late 1st round pick in the upcoming draft at the expense of a player who will most likely be amnestied at the end of the season anyway and a 2nd round pick.

Houston receives -
Carlos Boozer

Houston likes the idea of this as Boozer fits very nicely next to Dwight Howard. Boozer is a good passer and mid-range shooter from the PF position which will open up nice looks for Dwight Howard down low and vice versa. Dwight can also mask Boozer's defensive struggles.

Boston receives -
Omer Asik
Donatas Montiejunas
Isaiah Canaan

Chicago receives -
Courtney Lee

Houston receives -
Carlos Boozer

Boston receives -
Omer Asik
Donatas Montiejunas
Isaiah Canaan

Well thought out trade...difficult to execute, but well thought out none the less.

Why I give this trade little chance of happening for two reasons:

1) Even if there was interest from the other teams, GarPax don't have the stones to pull it off. (Likelyhood - 10%)
2) Teams in need of a PF can wait till the Bulls exercise their amnesty clause on Boozer in the summer, and get him for highest bid (considerably less than his 2014-15 16.8 MILL). (Likelyhood - 80% IF the Bulls amnesty)

2 reasons why I believe Boozer COULD be traded before the Feb 20 deadline:

1) If a potential playoff team loses a PF to injury, Boozer would certainly help. (Likelyhood - 30% IF the other team has available assets of interest, and are at least 90% in value under the CBA)
2) Teams looking to shed salary MIGHT be interested. (Likelyhood - 10% because the Bulls are already over the luxury tax threshold, and, SHOULD only be interested in trades that will improve the team.....not salary dumps.)

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Hoston want Boozer? They really like Terrence Jones.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I compliment you on a rational idea. Trading Boozer and his contract is difficult. The first key isn't what the Bulls get back but identifying what team wants what Boozer can do. Houston is about the only place because they have Howard and would be better off with a 4 who can stay outside on offense. Boozer's lack of defense doesn't hurt Houston as much as someone driving past him runs into Howard. Considering the way Rockets signed Asik and Linn they don't have much sense so they might be willing to take Boozer's two years.

Boston does seem to want Asik so getting in the middle of their trade is something to look at.

Humphries would at least provide some good jokes for the fans, Lee has always had the potential but never seems to find the right team at the right time to really be an upper level player.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Why would Hoston want Boozer? They really like Terrence Jones.

What does the word "Hoston" mean?

Out of couriosity, i googled the word and all could find was that its a last name.
So who is Ms, Mr or Mrs Hoston?
Is it a friend of yours who isnt a boozer fan but is a Terrence Jones enthusiast?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not to mention TJones owned Booz last time we played the rockets
Jones has been balling lately though so it's not like it was just Boozer. Plus Jones is an athletic stretch 4...someone who is literally the worst type of player for Boozer to guard. Then again...who can Boozer guard really?