According to this Bears rank dead last for "effective pass rushing"

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
Didn't read the article but I don't need to. Peppers and ESPECIALLY Melton need to step it up.

If they can't get a pass rush against this dogshit o-line we are fucked.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

team-totalrevised.jpg

Bears were playing 8-9 to stop the run vs Min, Bears won both game, lets wait and see how the season unfolds, i feel they will Improve. :pray:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
We don't rush the passer and our passer doesn't get rushed...synergy

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Melton has been invisible. Same with DJW. They haven't stood out good or bad. It's like they're not out there. I only notice them when I actively look for the jersey #.

The pass rush looked good in the pre-season. Yet another reason I don't trust the pre-season.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hard to argue with it.

That being said, the defense did only give up 17 points in total to MN.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Melton has been invisible. Same with DJW. They haven't stood out good or bad. It's like they're not out there. I only notice them when I actively look for the jersey #.

The pass rush looked good in the pre-season. Yet another reason I don't trust the pre-season.

The players who looked good in the pre season on the line looked good in two games more than less.

Melton being invisible is far worse. He's invisible because he's not in the backfield. The 3 techs job is to be in the backfield to disrupt.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

TBH we didn't see Peppers and Melton much in the preseason, it was Zack Minter/Collins/C.Washinton and other backups that we were excited about. No one thought Melton and Pep would have been this bad. I won't panic until after this week, 3 sacks are needed ASAP.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

watch out Milton... you are going to get all the DJ williams sympathizers giving you a hard time....

he doesn't exist because he isn't supposed to exist... that's how you know he is doing his job according to some people...

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I rewatched the minn game on Sunday ticket mobile and we were getting good pass rush in the first half. Very good actually, ponder was just moving around a lot and we forced him into some dangerous throw aways. In the second half the vikes yanked hard on ponder's leash and ran practically exclusively play action passing, and we were understandably dedicated to stopping AD. The pass rush concern is overstated. If we get off the ball a little better and Melton finds a groove we are going to be just fine. With peppers getting back healthy the d line will be very formidable again soon.

It's gonna be okay.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There will be zero excuses after the Steelers game. No OL and no running game. Rapelisberger may avoid sacks, because that's what he does, so sack total won't freak me out. But they should be in the backfield, all over his ass, all game.

If the Bears can't get a pass rush against the Steelers, were fucked against the Pack and the Lions.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
There will be zero excuses after the Steelers game. No OL and no running game. Rapelisberger may avoid sacks, because that's what he does, so sack total won't freak me out. But they should be in the backfield, all over his ass, all game.

If the Bears can't get a pass rush against the Steelers, were fucked against the Pack and the Lions.

Agree with you. Big Ben is tough to get down on the ground with the ball but if we can't make life hard for him we will be in trouble in the future.

Liked Posts:
Trestman has admitted that part o his game plan is to counter the opponent's best weapon. With the Bengals it was their Dline. Vikings had AP. It's very important to succeed at that because it builds confidence in your abilities.

Against the Steelers it seems to me that Big Ben qualifies as a target. Expect a lot of sacks.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Do Bears fans really believe the Bears are going to be last in rush by the end of the year? The good news people, is we all knew the DL hasn't played well, yet we're 2-0 against two playoff teams. I'd say that's good news, cuz we are gonna get a lot better yet, imo!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand posters talking about stopping the run, but what about on the obvious passing downs in shotgun with Gerhart in the backfield. Were they still playing the run?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman has admitted that part o his game plan is to counter the opponent's best weapon. With the Bengals it was their Dline. Vikings had AP. It's very important to succeed at that because it builds confidence in your abilities.

Against the Steelers it seems to me that Big Ben qualifies as a target. Expect a lot of sacks.

Makes sense, and sounds good to me!

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Melton triple teamed

BUjzvoYCUAA0akt.jpg

Melton double teamed
BUjzn7CCcAAYBcK.jpg

Melton double teamed
BUjzfUACEAA8t8G.jpg