Adam Gases Work With Peyton Manning is More Impressive

Nick80

Liked Posts:
iowaslant1.gif

mecha

Liked Posts:
Will not argue the Ron Turner factor or forgive our defense for picking the worst time to forget how to kill a running back.

All the same...fuck Peyton Manning.

yeah, they just seriously abandoned the run. they were down like a score I think and were playing like they were down by 21 points. if I recall Grossman also threw a pick 6 in the 2nd half. I never want to watch that game ever again. I don't give a shit if it comes up on NFL Replay during Super Bowl replays, I will never watch it again.

the defense was sorely missing Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. the closest I can compare to that game was week 1 of this year against the Packers. they were in it and just completely fucking laid down at the end to lose it.

and no, not fuck Peyton Manning, him, Favre and Brady are my all-time favorite quarterbacks to watch, in that order. Manning was the brain surgeon, Favre was the slinger, and Brady was the efficient killing machine. I'm not arguing my reasonings for why I like those guys, so don't bother.

fuck Lovie Smith. "we take the season in quarters" "I failed to have my team prepared" "there's plenty of football left" fuck you. seriously, fuck you, and your also-ran douchebag ex-Bear castoff Buccaneers defense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that was more the fault of Ron Turner than anything. I don't agree that it was a "monsoon" but when you have Grossman barely able to complete 10 passes the previous game, against an historically awful run defense, when Thomas Jones ran for like 120-130 yards, why do you abandon the run and keep throwing interceptions?

I don't feel any animosity toward Peyton Manning or the Colts for that. that loss was entirely on Lovie Smith's offensive ineptitude.

The D decisions were extremely short sighted. That was all on Lovie who made Rivera back off after the long punt for a TD by Manning. TOP and field position were unwinnable after that. Think Dungy and Manning have ever seen or know how to beat a soft C2? You're not wrong but you're also not entirely right. Colts also had one of the best postseason run Ds that year after they got healthy. Colts were the top D that post season and we were 10th out of the 12 teams. Colts had the best postseason run D of all the conference finalists and gave up less than 83 rush yards per game on teams that were trying to run on them.

Taking it a step further, our O was statistically better than our D in the postseason. If we don't pressure and get those turnovers against good teams we were fucked and 4 AFC teams were better than us that year.

It was over when we backed off. Yes, throwing deeper routes in those conditions with Rex under pressure was a huge mistake but it was far from the only one.

Pick 6 was in the 4th quarter and realists knew the game was already over as we weren't changing out stripes.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I know the Colts regular season rushing defense was the stinker, and they got better. still doesn't change the fact Jones ran well against them and they just stopped using him. when Benson went out, they didn't even bother using Peterson either.

I was at the Seahawks playoff game, I don't remember much about it though, just the overtime finish. the NFC championship Grossman sucked. Thomas Jones was a monster in that game too though. wasn't there a drive where they gave him the ball like 8 times in a row?

that one's a fun game to watch again, but watching Grossman whiff on passes over and over and then finally connect to Berrian deep was laughable. I know a lot of people lump him in with the shitshow carousel but I think he was the best of all of them and like Cutler after him, just the victim of inept and shitty offensive coaching. he could've been great had the team had an Adam Gase about 10 years ago.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will not argue the Ron Turner factor or forgive our defense for picking the worst time to forget how to kill a running back.

All the same...fuck Peyton Manning.

Tommie and Mike Brown were out injured. That game should have been a Bears W.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right team won but we should have been able to give them a better challenge and make a game of it.