Adam Schefter Trade Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Ok, I definately wouldn't bet my bottom dollar on this deal ever happening, but here is a Schefter link to a Harris & a fourth to N.E. for L.Mankins. I'm sure it's been kicked around on here like a rusty bucket but it is nice to see it talked about by a major network & not just us fans. I would possibly consider "passing the bucket" to start a collection effort to pay part of Tommies ridiculous salary if the Pats baulked at his price tag. I hate it when reporters get my hopes up through speculation, only to be let down. Sorry if this is a topic retread, but a fan can dream right?

Here are five ideal NFL trades that probably won't be made before Oct. 19 deadline - ESPN

" New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins to the Chicago Bears for defensive tackle Tommie Harris and a fourth-round pick: Chicago gets the help on the offensive line it needs, and New England gets help on the defensive line it needs along with the fourth-round pick it gave up for wide receiver Deion Branch."

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes sense, but Harris's contract throws the deal off. So, Like you said NOT HAPPENING!

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes sense, but Harris's contract throws the deal off. So, Like you said NOT HAPPENING!
Harris' deal is actually not that bad.
2010: $1.235 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus due in June), 2011: $2.3125 million, 2012: $2.5 million

This deal makes too much sense to get done and the Bears don't have the money to spend on the mega-deal Mankins wants.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Harris only makes that....why do reporters keep saying Harris' deal is too hard to deal?

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Ya I know always thought Tommies main/only problem was strictly motivational & I'm finding I've been wrong to some extent. Since Tommies benching, I hear participates in practices more than ever, I've seen him hustle to the ball on every play & even pursue tackles ten yards away from him. Unfortunately, in spite of all this, it seems Tommie spends half of the game on his back or is being knocked around like a soccer ball. Since his surgery he just doesn't seem to have it anymore. Tommie is small for a DT and relied alot on that intial speed burst off from his bunk knee. In this case I don't feel sorry for a wealthy man like Tommie, but it's kind of sad to watch at this point. Me thinks he's done...

Last edited:

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
I think your right about Mankins price tag. I believe he's seeking north of 50 Million total. I'd love to have him but that would royally F$#k things up when the new Labor agreement is finally reached& the cap comes back into play.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mankins wants a deal similar to Jahri Evans (7 years, $56.7 million) and he simply isn't worth that much

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Harris' deal is actually not that bad.
2010: $1.235 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus due in June), 2011: $2.3125 million, 2012: $2.5 million

This deal makes too much sense to get done and the Bears don't have the money to spend on the mega-deal Mankins wants.

Please let me correct onething the Bears have the money they just won't spend it.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please let me correct onething the Bears have the money they just won't spend it.
They spent their budget when they went on their FA binge. Even in an uncapped year, teams have limits to their spending and giving a $50+ million deal to Mankins would be bad business IMO

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Even if it's just for this season...I'm for it. Tommie's done. Get help while we are on top of the division.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man would I love this trade....Angelo get it done so the Bears can take the division.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to make that trade..

Too bad we probably don't have the financial room to sign Mankins long term.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears need a tackle more than a guard. Omiyale and Webb are horrendous

Status
Not open for further replies.