Addition Through Subtraction - Bye Nate Davis

jive

Liked Posts:
It's been shown throughout many business that if you have someone who is rewarded when they are a poor performer. the motivation and performance of the rest of the team is brought down. Am I surprised that the O-line has been performing better without Davis in the lineup? Nope. What I'm surprised is at how much it has improved. But, I shouldn't be. Getting the most motivated and hungry platers out there regardless of salary looks to be working better the last couple of weeks.

Maybe it's not just motivation. He may be crappy in doing the tap and snap. He may have been the one making the line calls, and really sucked at it. He may have sucked at helping on double teams. Who knows exactly, but I do know that the O-line is playing better without him.

I hope we can get something for him before the trade deadline like a 7th round pick, or a sack of White Castles.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I look forward to him being cheap to cut. It will be two years too late, but at least it happens.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Don't employ people who don't love football as players on your football team

Shame on us, though. His former employer warned us about what he was.

I imagine someone will give him another chance and he'll happily cash minimum checks as a backup with no pressure

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think Poles will hold on this until 2025 and give him a post 6-1 designation.

1729181288504.png

Bossanoveralls

Talk to me
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Memphis Grizzlies
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Memphis Tigers
If they trade him, hopefully they can get something more useful to the team.

Like a pair of used tires for a jugs machine.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
It's been shown throughout many business that if you have someone who is rewarded when they are a poor performer. the motivation and performance of the rest of the team is brought down. Am I surprised that the O-line has been performing better without Davis in the lineup? Nope. What I'm surprised is at how much it has improved. But, I shouldn't be. Getting the most motivated and hungry platers out there regardless of salary looks to be working better the last couple of weeks.

Maybe it's not just motivation. He may be crappy in doing the tap and snap. He may have been the one making the line calls, and really sucked at it. He may have sucked at helping on double teams. Who knows exactly, but I do know that the O-line is playing better without him.

I hope we can get something for him before the trade deadline like a 7th round pick, or a sack of White Castles.
is that really a smart play considering bates is not practicing yet and the only other backups are kiran and murray? murray has been at LG consistently so not sure his ability to fill in at RG. For as bad as davis is he is still a good backup option in case of injury.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been shown throughout many business that if you have someone who is rewarded when they are a poor performer. the motivation and performance of the rest of the team is brought down.
This legit sounded like the start of a college paper. Just need to tack on something like the following:

In this essay, I will discuss the pivotal factors and resultant outcomes associated with non-performance based evaluation and reward metrics as demonstrated through the National Football League's financial compensation stratagems and contemporary praxes.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This legit sounded like the start of a college paper. Just need to tack on something like the following:

In this essay, I will discuss the pivotal factors and resultant outcomes associated with non-performance based evaluation and reward metrics as demonstrated through the National Football League's financial compensation stratagems and contemporary praxes.
A+

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone noticed that without Davis on the field, Shelton has looked better.

Pryor >>>>>> Davis.

Shelton also looked better with Murray.

I'm wondering with Patrick being rated better by PFF if the problem really was Davis all along.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I do wonder other than him not being "his" guy. Daniels was better for less money.

Daniels was a finesse/agile lineman, Poles clearly favors more power at the guard position.

He fucked around and found out. daniels was the better prospect coming out of college too.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yea, what team is willing to trade for a lazy fuck who's gonna cost them like 6m in cap space?

If he was basically free with the bears taking on the cap they might find a taker for a 7th, but thats about it.
Probably more like a pick swap, 7th to 6th but not an outright 7th.