Alex smith as backup?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If he doesn't get a starting job anywhere, what do you think about replacing glennon with him? Cost would probably be the same. Maybe cheaper.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I believe if you want Alex smith you need to trade for him. Idt he will be a fa

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love to bring in Alex Smith for the Nick Foles contract 2 years 11 million but not if it gets in the way of other positions.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I'd love to bring in Alex Smith for the Nick Foles contract 2 years 11 million but not if it gets in the way of other positions.

That would be a bargain but I wouldn't mind if pace gave him a glennon contract. Except this time it would be money well spent.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
He's too good to be sitting on a bench and there are several teams that could use him.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will be a starter somewhere, too much bad qb play in the league for him to be a backup.

billwade

Liked Posts:
You don't want Alex Smith in Chicago. If Trubisky isn't Carson Wentz by game 8, fans will be calling for Smith to replace him. I expect the Bears will give the #2 job to the butt fumble.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You don't want Alex Smith in Chicago. If Trubisky isn't Carson Wentz by game 8, fans will be calling for Smith to replace him. I expect the Bears will give the #2 job to the butt fumble.

Would be a huge mistake. Can't remember the last time a bears qb played all 16 games. It's pretty much a given your backup will play at some point because of injuries or other reasons. Going in with sanchez or the giraffe as backup would be a huge mistake.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
$20 million dollar cap hit and mahomes waiting. 100% chance he is cut. Dont think chiefs will be able to trade him.

cut or not, he's not a back up