All comes down to green bay in two weeks.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
On face value GB will still need to win in week 17. Seattle owns the tie breaker if they win out and a GB loss.

Cards have 2 tough games.

Bears will win next week but a full GB squad in week 17 brings yet another disappointment.

The Lions lose in week 13 may have shut the door on the Bears playoff chances.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
If GB wins at home against the Titans next week they have the #1 seed locked up. I’m guessing Packers will be something like a 5 point favorite in that game. -5 seems right. Give or take a point. I guess I kind of doubt GB would open -6.

There should be a line so not sure why I’m talking like this will happen in the future.

line opened GB -4.5.

if you wanted to see the odds on if GB will have anything to play for all you’d have to do is look up the percentage chance they have to win the Titans game. I’m not too familiar with that stuff. I’d guess they’re like 70% to win the game. (Ballpark) So based off that you could say there’s a 70% chance GB will have nothing to play for in two weeks. I’ll look it up.

okay. Packers 65% to beat Tennessee. So basically 2/1 Packers will have home field locked up after next week.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If GB wins at home against the Titans next week they have the #1 seed locked up. I’m guessing Packers will be something like a 5 point favorite in that game. -5 seems right. Give or take a point. I guess I kind of doubt GB would open -6.

There should be a line so not sure why I’m talking like this will happen in the future.

line opened GB -4.5.

if you wanted to see the odds on if GB will have anything to play for all you’d have to do is look up the percentage chance they have to win the Titans game. I’m not too familiar with that stuff. I’d guess they’re like 70% to win the game. (Ballpark) So based off that you could say there’s a 70% chance GB will have nothing to play for in two weeks. I’ll look it up.

okay. Packers 65% to beat Tennessee. So basically 2/1 Packers will have home field locked up after next week.

Even with a win against the Titans they need a Seahawks loss.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
I know you wouldn't want it any other way:smug2:

The Packers (11-3) can now clinch the top spot in one of three rather straightforward ways over the final two weeks of the 2020 season:

1. Win over Chicago Bears in Week 17

2. Win over Tennessee Titans in Week 16 AND Los Angeles Rams win over Seattle Seahawks in Week 16

3. Win over Tennessee Titans in Week 16 AND San Francisco 49ers win over Seattle Seahawks in Week 17

Ways exist for the Packers to lose both games and still be the No. 1 seed, but the scenarios involve many different results and are somewhat impractical to consider

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Jag played and lost close games to the Packers, Browns and Vikings. They aren't a pushover, BUT they could have given up on the season at this point so the Bears have that going for them.
With the jets bootsrapping a win over the rams today id say jags players immediately received a memo saying be cool mfs play bad and we got Trevor Lawrence instead of the girrafe next season

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I know you wouldn't want it any other way:smug2:

The Packers (11-3) can now clinch the top spot in one of three rather straightforward ways over the final two weeks of the 2020 season:

1. Win over Chicago Bears in Week 17

2. Win over Tennessee Titans in Week 16 AND Los Angeles Rams win over Seattle Seahawks in Week 16

3. Win over Tennessee Titans in Week 16 AND San Francisco 49ers win over Seattle Seahawks in Week 17

Ways exist for the Packers to lose both games and still be the No. 1 seed, but the scenarios involve many different results and are somewhat impractical to consider

Yep. GB has to win next week and need 1 loss by Seattle. However, If the Seahawks win next week, in week 17 Seahawks don’t play till 4pm. GB will have no choice but to play their starters.

coolio

Liked Posts:
The packers would love to see this bears team in the playoffs. Even Minny and Detroit put up much better fights, and even beat them sometimes.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

Bust

Liked Posts:
It's my understanding that with the saints loss this week, and LAR loss, if the Packers win next week they have the bye clinched, since they have the tiebreaker over the Saints. I'd imagine that would lead to them resting at least Aaron Rodgers, does that sound right?

No chance. Guys have money on the line with individual bonus performance clauses (any combination of starts, tds, ints, sacks, etc etc). If they healthy the starters will play. They would love nothing more to beat the Bears and keep em out of the playoffs

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont want them resting anyone i want the bears to go in whoop those mfs to get into the play offs and take away home field from the pack

Send those bastaches into the playoffs feelin bad

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It's my understanding that with the saints loss this week, and LAR loss, if the Packers win next week they have the bye clinched, since they have the tiebreaker over the Saints. I'd imagine that would lead to them resting at least Aaron Rodgers, does that sound right?

GB still needs Seattle to lose. If GB and Seattle win next week, GB will be playing their starters against the Bears.

Seattle doesn’t play till 4pm in week 17. GB will have to beat the Bears at 1pm to lock the #1 seed.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
In scenarios where the Packers beat the Titans but lose to the Bears, Matt LaFleur’s team needs at least one loss by the Seahawks to ensure there’s no three-way tie.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I kind of figure they’ll move the games as much as possible to make all that stuff play out at the same time. Feels like that’s a rule now. Not necessarily for seeding type stuff. But a few of them are intertwined. Like the Bears vs Packers and Rams vs Arizona. If the scenario plays out where Chicago needs Arizona to lose and the start times are different they’ll move one of the games where they all start at the same time. Say Seattle is also playing for the 1 seed week 17 and they’re battling Green Bay for it. I think they will move that start time where all 3 games are going at the same time. Or maybe im just completely wrong and talking out of my ass.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a sad day when we have to hope the Packer rest their starters, to allow us to make the playoffs, I remember a time when we would have scoffed at that, and said " Bring it on " .