All comes down to green bay in two weeks.

coolio

Liked Posts:
It's a sad day when we have to hope the Packer rest their starters, to allow us to make the playoffs, I remember a time when we would have scoffed at that, and said " Bring it on " .

It's just being realistic. I have no idea why this team shrinks like they do against them. It's pathetic, on both sides of the ball.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
Last regular season game 2011
Needing a win to get into the postseason, the Packers trailed 3-0 at halftime and were tied going into the fourth quarter with the Bears (11-5) -- a team that didn't have anything to play for in terms of playoff seeding but still played its starters, just as Bears coach Lovie Smith promised he would all week.

"Those guys told us during the game they didn't want us in," Driver said.

The Packers came into Sunday's game knowing they needed to win to get into the playoffs after Tampa Bay beat New Orleans earlier in the day. The Bears didn't have anything to gain in terms of playoff seeding but played to win.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Losing to Jags and beating Packers sounds about right.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Two years ago the Bears went into Minnesota with hardly anything play for. It may have been nothing. I can’t recall. Minnesota wins and they’re in. Chicago stomped them all game. Minnesota was basically in a playoff game and Chicago didn’t need the game at all. They still thumped them. Nothing is ever set in stone.

Remember when they blew that Texans game late in Lovie’s tenure? I’m pretty sure Texans were like 7-8 and out if it. Chicago wins and they are in. Houston humiliates them anyway.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Two years ago the Bears went into Minnesota with hardly anything play for. It may have been nothing. I can’t recall. Minnesota wins and they’re in. Chicago stomped them all game. Minnesota was basically in a playoff game and Chicago didn’t need the game at all. They still thumped them. Nothing is ever set in stone.

Remember when they blew that Texans game late in Lovie’s tenure? I’m pretty sure Texans were like 7-8 and out if it. Chicago wins and they are in. Houston humiliates them anyway.

While I fully expect the packers to shit on us, we were playing for playoff seeding that week I'm fairly certain and had a small chance of getting a bye.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
GB still needs Seattle to lose. If GB and Seattle win next week, GB will be playing their starters against the Bears.

Seattle doesn’t play till 4pm in week 17. GB will have to beat the Bears at 1pm to lock the #1 seed.
Gonna just have to beat them then. You don't deserve to be in the playoffs if you can't win tough games.

Grape

Liked Posts:
It's my understanding that with the saints loss this week, and LAR loss, if the Packers win next week they have the bye clinched, since they have the tiebreaker over the Saints. I'd imagine that would lead to them resting at least Aaron Rodgers, does that sound right?
Seahawks also have to lose next week to the Rams unfortunately. I'd put both Rams and Packers winning together at about 25%

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
It's my understanding that with the saints loss this week, and LAR loss, if the Packers win next week they have the bye clinched, since they have the tiebreaker over the Saints. I'd imagine that would lead to them resting at least Aaron Rodgers, does that sound right?

Not likely. Two weeks off is too much for a QB. Gotta keep Airbourne Dodgers hot.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seahawks also have to lose next week to the Rams unfortunately. I'd put both Rams and Packers winning together at about 25%

Correct. If the Seahawks win this Sunday over LAR, the Rams have nothing to play for in week 17 other than wildcard seeding. If they beat the Seahawks, then they are playing for the NFC W crown in week 17

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Bears hopes are hinged on help from other teams, not so much on the Packers game, as winning that game assures nothing unless some other team helps you. Yet months ago they had control of their own destiny. It took until desperation, and possibility of jobs being lost, for changes to be made on oline moves and change in offensive philosophy.

Nagy and Pace both need to go.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So not sure if this is mentioned but the Bears actually have two paths into the playoffs

The Cards scenario we all know.

If the Bears win out and Tampa loses out the Bears win the tiebreaker against them for the 7 seed as well. Super long shot obviously.