legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
2020 Bears were 1-7 in 8 games against 6 teams with winning records. Below is their offensive output...

1st Qtr: 3, 3, 7
2nd Qtr: 3, 14, 3, 10, 7, 6, 3
3rd Qtr: 3

*4th Qtr: 8, 6, 7, 10, 17, 15, 6

16 total points in the 1st and 3rd quarters... 16 points in 16 quarters off of mostly scripted plays, predetermined to succeed, by this coaching staff.

Quarters 1 - 3 : 5 total touchdowns in 24 quarters

They did much better against 4th quarter prevent defenses. Bravo...
It literally can not get worse. On top of this, defense has lost it's accountability. Make the change now...

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2020 Bears were 1-7 in 8 games against 6 teams with winning records. Below is their offensive output...

1st Qtr: 3, 3, 7
2nd Qtr: 3, 14, 3, 10, 7, 6, 3
3rd Qtr: 3

*4th Qtr: 8, 6, 7, 10, 17, 15, 6

16 total points in the 1st and 3rd quarters. That's 16 points in 16 quarters off of mostly scripted plays, predetermined to succeed, by this coaching staff.
Quarters 1 - 3 : 5 total touchdowns in 24 quarters
They did much better against 4th quarter prevent defenses. Bravo...
It literally can not get worse. On top of this, defense has lost it's accountability. Make the change now...
I hope Bears ownership is looking at stuff like this and not thinking 'well we made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years'

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Bears ownership is looking at stuff like this and not thinking 'well we made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years'
George is a fan before being an owner. I think he's pretty tuned in to what goes on despite everyone bagging on him . He said as much in his press conference in September. I mean you grow up with that being your family's legacy, how could he not be? I'd have to have someone stop me from knee jerk reactions. I hope he makes the right choice this year, they all need to go.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
The McCaskey's have had all the evidence needed to fire Nagy. Yesterday's unwillingness to try to be aggressive at the end of the 1st half with two timeouts left followed by punting when down 21-3 with 8 minutes left in a playoff game should be the icing on the cake. But we all know Nagy/Pace aren't going anywhere.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The McCaskey's have had all the evidence needed to fire Nagy. Yesterday's unwillingness to try to be aggressive at the end of the 1st half with two timeouts left followed by punting when down 21-3 with 8 minutes left in a playoff game should be the icing on the cake. But we all know Nagy/Pace aren't going anywhere.
If the Bears stay true to form, they will fire Nagy and Co. after all the good coaching prospects have been taken.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Orlovsky's take. Pretty much perfectly describes my feelings on why Nagy has to go.

Also suggests Saleh, Fitzgerald or Day as possible replacements:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the Bears stay true to form, they will fire Nagy and Co. after all the good coaching prospects have been taken.

Yeah interviews are already happening and those hires are going to be fast and furious. That's why I think the staff is back. You don't have the luxury of waiting even a couple days.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah interviews are already happening and those hires are going to be fast and furious. That's why I think the staff is back. You don't have the luxury of waiting even a couple days.

Biggs said it will be $20million to move on from them in a year with revenue losses, likely scenario is Pace is promoted but a new GM is brought in. IMO, a new GM would then strip the roster and start over without Nagy in 2022

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Biggs said it will be $20million to move on from them in a year with revenue losses, likely scenario is Pace is promoted but a new GM is brought in. IMO, a new GM would then strip the roster and start over without Nagy in 2022

Not getting on your case..... but i think the bolded is just meatball Twitter shit.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me it's as simple as he was brought in here specifically to fix the offense and develop Trubisky and he's done neither.

He's failed to produce an offense ranked in the top 20 in the 3 years he's been here and has done literally nothing to develop Trubisky and I'd argue made him worse than he otherwise would have been thanks to Nagy's stubborn refusal to move away from his brain dead scheme and give up play calling.

There is no rational argument to be made for retaining Matt Nagy. End of story.

We don't need some visor wearing dickhead that's going to let the inmates like Wims and Miller run the asylum week after week with zero accountability. If you watch the tape you see the same players loafing and giving half effort week after week. You see the same mistakes made week after week. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills watching the the all-22 of this team.

If I was GM he would of been fired last year. How he wasn't fired after the Detroit game is mind-blowing.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
He's had 3 years to implement an effective offense. That's a lot of time. At no point has it appeared we've had even a competent offense.

The defense regressing this year is why we are 8-8 and in the playoffs at all. Now that it appears to be fading so are our chances.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I don't think there has been a lack of evidence, continuing with Pace and Nagy just is doubling down on mediocrity. Pace has given no evidence to feel confident in his ability to choose the next QB and rebuild the positions of need (especially through Free Agency). His only positive is he has found some okay picks in later rounds but I'm not sure it is any more statistically positive than the rest of the GMs. Nagy has been he biggest disappointment in that he was brought here to improve the offense and has nothing to show for it. If anything, all his evidence is that he cannot tailor his playcalling and personnel groupings based on the roster he has and the results have been abysmal. He can blame it on QB options but Foles was one of his choices and that didn't give any better results.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stock up on your tissues boys.... Taking the Bears to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years will keep the whole staff employed.... (outside of the coordinators)

Maybe pick up a new hobby for the next football season?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
More from Orlovsky and Rex Ryan straight up saying "I don't like him" re: Nagy lmao:

(starts at 2:55 if the link doesn't auto fwd)

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
There is no rational argument to be made for retaining Matt Nagy. End of story.
Agreed 100%.
When he brought in his guy Foles and couldn't even produce a bottom of the barrel offense with him, that had to be the last straw. The last excuse for him thrown out of the book.