All this hope...

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Only bears fans can get excited about a string of games where they score 30+ against awful teams in a season where they won’t win a playoff game.
All of this against 4 of the bottom 9defenses. 2 of them in the bottom 3.

The Seahawks scored a lot of points against garbage defenses early in the year .... cowboys Jets Fins(they were bad before Byron jones came back)..... so all teams do well against garbage defenses....that same Seahawks team cannot score a point vs the Rams D which is arguably best in the league

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a fun game today and it's been fun to watch for the last 3 weeks. But for anyone to think Trubisky will suddenly stop making REALLY dumb throws is out of their mind. Maybe 2 years from now, with another team, he can do that but it ain't happening anytime soon.

You realize all QBs make really dumb throws, right? Including Watson, Mahomes, Allen, Ben, Goff, Lamar, Murray, etc. The difference is that in between their dumb throws they make more good throws because they play on teams with better offenses. Now that our offense is actually looking legit Mitch’s “dumb” throws are easy to accept because of the amount of positive plays that happen in between them. Mitch’s problem is not really his bad plays it the lack of good plays.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It was a fun game today and it's been fun to watch for the last 3 weeks. But for anyone to think Trubisky will suddenly stop making REALLY dumb throws is out of their mind. Maybe 2 years from now, with another team, he can do that but it ain't happening anytime soon.

And that combined with the fact that Pagano refuses to be aggressive enough on his play calling (for this team to beat a great QB, we've got to blitz on big 3rd downs) means that this team doesn't have the offense or defense to beat a good team, whether they get to the playoffs or not.

Yes, it's awesome to see this new offensive line give our QB protection and give our great RB space to be a great RB. And it's really cool to see someone call a great game, especially after having to watch Nagy fumble about the way he did. That has been pretty freaking refreshing.

But let's not kid ourselves. Rodgers is going to have the time he needs to get 1st downs and beat this defense and Trubisky is going to throw really stupid passes and they won't be dropped by good teams.

And that combo won't beat good teams, it just won't. Do I hope I'm wrong? Yes! But I'm not. And no matter how optimistic a fan you are, in the bottom of your heart, you know it too.

Am I excited we have a game that means something next week? Yes, I am excited about that.

Debbie Downer

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
You realize all QBs make really dumb throws, right?

You realize that's EXACTLY what so many fans said about Grossman?

There are NO good QBs that make the two throws Trubisky threw in the end zone in the last two weeks. That's okay for a QB to make that throw his rookie season. That's NOT okay for him to make it in his 4th.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Debbie Downer

I'm pumped the way this team has bounced back and I'll be rooting for them every single play. It's awesome that they have figured out a way to play good football just in time and maybe even make the playoffs. Really awesome.

But I know enough to know they are not going to beat complete teams out there. They don't have a good enough offense and they don't have a good enough defense (maybe with a better DC, they would have a good enough defense but not with this one).

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You realize that's EXACTLY what so many fans said about Grossman?

There are NO good QBs that make the two throws Trubisky threw in the end zone in the last two weeks. That's okay for a QB to make that throw his rookie season. That's NOT okay for him to make it in his 4th.
Have you watched Mahomes the last 2 weeks? Or doesn’t he qualify as a good QB anymore?
Mahomes
Brady
Brady

Last edited:

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Has he thrown two interceptions in the end zone on consecutive weeks?

EDIT--no I haven't watched him but if you are going to compare the two...well, I don't think you would do that.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I'm rooting for Trubisky to not make the stupid decisions he's making, and I do think he has improved but not nearly enough to be able to beat good teams.

And I know you guys know that!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jesus Christ dude. Stop constantly attacking people. Keep that shit in PMs. You're a good poster otherwise but damn.

This place has turned into a shit hole if he’s considered a good poster.

Wild X, Bort, Rawdawg and Modo. Those guys are examples of quality posters. This clown is a weak ass version of Rory Sparrow.

Reactions: DC

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nagy/Pace are coming back at this point no matter what.

8-8 does not get them fired. Sorry.

Also, I didn't say best offense in 6 decades, I said offensive success. We've had a 4 game stretch w/ this bears offense that pretty much everyone on this board has never seen before. Those are facts, not opinions.

Done against non-playoff caliber teams.

I said "in order for Nagy to redeem himself IMO"

I know the score. I don't need you to condescend like a toolbag lacking self-awareness who thinks he knows more than everyone else.

I also said it matters if this can be sustained vs. GB and in the playoffs.

None of the future matchups will feature the Lions, Texans, Vikings or Jaguars.

Oh and for your information there, that's also fact and not opinion.

Nagy's road to being considered redeemed IMO is just getting fucking started.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks scored a lot of points against garbage defenses early in the year .... cowboys Jets Fins(they were bad before Byron jones came back)..... so all teams do well against garbage defenses....that same Seahawks team cannot score a point vs the Rams D which is arguably best in the league
The same Seahawks team with the QB/HC combo that have won a SB and were a play away from winning another?

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Had Trubisky started and our playcalling similar to this we’d be a 10 win team.

I wouldn't go that far because you're missing one more ingredient...

We would also have needed our offensive line to be the starters we have now.

Part of the major dysfunction was the fact that we didn't have a center who could get the line calls right.

It led to a lot of our offensive lineman blocking the wrong people.

Mustipher has absolutely been killing it and getting the line calls correct.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just for Aaron Rodgers to stick it to them next week, how exhausting is it to be a fan of this pathetic franchise?
How bad your life must be to not be able to experience any joy in the moments.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
He’s an asshole who has personally attacked people repeatedly. He’s a massive hypocrite who picks and chooses what’s worth bitching about, what’s considered trolling and what makes a true fan.

I have no patience for idiots, especially this one.
In other words, you are saying he's the typical CCS poster?

:smug2:

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
How bad your life must be to not be able to experience any joy in the moments.
My life is great tbh, don’t know the correlation you’re trying to make. I personally have much rather tanked the season than possibly watch Aaron Rodgers butt fuck us out of the playoffs again.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am optimistic that either the Bears will win or the Cardinals will lose! That is all that has to happen right?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
My life is great tbh, don’t know the correlation you’re trying to make. I personally have much rather tanked the season than possibly watch Aaron Rodgers butt fuck us out of the playoffs again.

What if the Mitch butt fucks the Packers in their butt? Did you ever think of giving it rather than receiving it all the time?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
What if the Mitch butt fucks the Packers in their butt? Did you ever think of giving it rather than receiving it all the time?
There’s a lot of butt fucking going on in this thread and I like it. We don’t see as much butt fucking as we used to.