Allen Robinson says goodbye to Chicago?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Its lower this year because of the lower cap.
Not really. The franchise tag formula is the greater of:

— (A) the average of the five largest prior year salaries for players at the position with the highest such average

— (B) 120 percent of the average of the five largest prior year salaries for players at the position at which the player participated in the most plays during the prior league year

— or (C) 144 percent of his prior year salary.

So, unless Hopkins, Jones, Allen, Cooper and Thomas get cut AND no new WR moves into the top 5 WR salaries it will be at least $18.5M.

I think with the lowering of the cap it will be tough for teams to use the franchise tag. If a team wants to keep their own they hvae to be the highest bidder in free agency, which seems counter intuitive in a lower cap year, but it's just what is needed to retain the player.

rogokin

Liked Posts:
Just the Bears luck I hope he stays but Pace comes from the Saints and they have a history of not paying there wideouts untill M.Thomas. I have a bad feeling if he leaves he will go to the Packers.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears gotta tag him and then give him a contract. If the plan is to start a rookie QB like Jones or Lance, he will need a safety blanket

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Just the Bears luck I hope he stays but Pace comes from the Saints and they have a history of not paying there wideouts until M.Thomas. I have a bad feeling if he leaves he will go to the Packers.

Packers have less cap space than the Bears .... no way they sign ARob ...they have their alpha dog in Adams and enough pieces around him with Lazard, MVS, Tonyan etc as weapons with a strong running game

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Imagine if he ends up signing in Houston? I know they have no cap space, but Bears fans can finally see what the Watson-Robinson connection looks like...

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's kool
Mooney is gonna be a STAR!!!

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Only way I’m down with giving him a tag is if we trade him immediately after.