Am I missing something from all the talking heads?

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
I don't in any way claim to be a football expert. Most of the time, I keep thinking that the talking heads on sports shows know more than I do.

But I've heard a few people on TV say that we'll still be in first place coming back from the bye week.

If my calculations are correct, if Green Bay beats Detroit while we are on bye, that would give them a half game lead in the division.

Did I misunderstand somehow?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I don't in any way claim to be a football expert. Most of the time, I keep thinking that the talking heads on sports shows know more than I do.

But I've heard a few people on TV say that we'll still be in first place coming back from the bye week.

If my calculations are correct, if Green Bay beats Detroit while we are on bye, that would give them a half game lead in the division.

Yes. Bears are .750 win percentage. A win for the Packers makes them 3-1-1 or .700 win percentage. .750 > .700

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3-1-1 < 3-1, no?

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
Thanks, guys. I wasn't sure how the tie figured in....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think it will be considered a technical tie for first place because of the Bears playing one less game.....wins and losses are equal.....it doesn't really matter at this point any way...win percentage different though

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No, they won't regain the division lead until at least the following week.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Just because you aren't a football expert doesn't mean you dont know more than the talking heads.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Meh.. We'll still be in first technically. But they own the tie-breaker against us.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Green Bay may not make it into first but detroit will be probabilistically eliminated from playoff contention

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are masters of their own destiny

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Unless we happen to tie that tiebreaker cant be a factor.

Actually, won't matter anyway since we play them again and will beat them...

You putting down big bucks on that sport-o?

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
Thanks again you guys!

I kinda figured the tie wasn't really a win, but not a loss either. I didn't know how that worked as far as "First Place" went....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That the tiebreaker won't matter in the end? Name your bet....

You just said for a fact that the Bears will beat the Packers.

That's the final home game of the season. Late Dec. Week after we play the Rams.

You're talking some mad smack sparky.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You just said for a fact that the Bears will beat the Packers.

That's the final home game of the season. Late Dec. Week after we play the Rams.

You're talking some mad smack sparky.

And you're the one talking about betting money against the Bears...against the Pack, no less. Shows where your loyalties are?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions are favored to win that game but I think the Packers win. Bears want the Lions to win, correct?