1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Andrew Benintendi signs with White Sox

Last edited by a moderator:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It says 5 HRs and 51 RBIs for 75 million.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Good signing but pathetic note it’s the biggest signing in white Sox history lol. Should sucker a few people to think they have a shot at anything

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good signing but pathetic note it’s the biggest signing in white Sox history lol. Should sucker a few people to think they have a shot at anything
Yeah. He's a good player but hardly enough to make a difference. They need a CATCHER. The Mets have three good young catchers in their minor league system, two of which are ready. Plus I think they still have McCann also.

They also need to make a trade for improving right field and 2nd base. I'd wave Sheets, Burger, Giolitto, and vaughn maybe Hendrick,(?) , and even Roberts at someone willing to give up proven two way players in return. I would like to get rid of Moncada for sure and Grandal is done. I really like Burger to take Moncada's place at 3rd. I think he has power hitting 30HR potential but this team right now needs to be more balanced through the line-up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They will definitely try to dump a few contracts to fit this one in. It’s like putting lipstick on a pig

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Colas will play right.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yeah. He's a good player but hardly enough to make a difference. They need a CATCHER. The Mets have three good young catchers in their minor league system, two of which are ready. Plus I think they still have McCann also.

They also need to make a trade for improving right field and 2nd base. I'd wave Sheets, Burger, Giolitto, and vaughn maybe Hendrick,(?) , and even Roberts at someone willing to give up proven two way players in return. I would like to get rid of Moncada for sure and Grandal is done. I really like Burger to take Moncada's place at 3rd. I think he has power hitting 30HR potential but this team right now needs to be more balanced through the line-up.
Burger is a great story and I’m getting kind of sick of Moncada’s seemingly lackadaisical attitude, but I’m not sure I can stomach a season of Burger playing third base.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Burger is a great story and I’m getting kind of sick of Moncada’s seemingly lackadaisical attitude, but I’m not sure I can stomach a season of Burger playing third base.
I look at it this way. He missed two full seasons defensively. I see him as defensively going to be average. Certainly he's not in the same class as Moncada defensively but I think that he is going to be a very good power hitter at 3rd base and that LaRussa totally screwed him last year. For awhile, when he was playing while Moncada was hurt, he had the best over-all power numbers on the team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My son just told me that the Sox are talking to the Mets about getting James McCann back. I would also like to see that they get one of the Mets younger catchers also in the deal.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
My son just told me that the Sox are talking to the Mets about getting James McCann back. I would also like to see that they get one of the Mets younger catchers also in the deal.
For who? If it’s Liam, it better be for a whole lot more than McCann.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Liam. McCann would be a salary dump, he's got one of the worst contracts in MLB. There's no place for him on the Mets and he will cost $23mil this year with luxury tax included, lol.

The Mets have a lot of good young talent, doesn't have to a be just a catcher, they also have Brett Baty and several other guys. Taking McCann would mean you get to pick the prospect you want along with him except probably Alvarez. I hope Hahn wouldn't go anything less than that.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For who? If it’s Liam, it better be for a whole lot more than McCann.
The Mets have catchers in their minor league system that are number one draft picks. Their highest rated guy is a guy named Alvarez who appears to be ready to make the jump and is a left handed hitter. Right now, they are top heavy in catching having signed Navarez.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Mets have catchers in their minor league system that are number one draft picks. Their highest rated guy is a guy named Alvarez who appears to be ready to make the jump and is a left handed hitter. Right now, they are top heavy in catching having signed Navarez.
They aren't trading a top 5 overall prospect for Liam Hendriks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They aren't trading a top 5 overall prospect for Liam Hendriks.
You don't know that. The Mets last year drafted another catcher 11th over-all who is projected to be a great hitting prospect and they are already are deep in catching. It may be that they are considering trading Alvarez. It also could be part of a bigger deal for either Lynn or Giolitto. Hendricks has a very large trade value considering his track record.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You don't know that. The Mets last year drafted another catcher 11th over-all who is projected to be a great hitting prospect and they are already are deep in catching. It may be that they are considering trading Alvarez. It also could be part of a bigger deal for either Lynn or Giolitto. Hendricks has a very large trade value considering his track record.
I do know. You don't know, because you are an idiot. It's also "Giolito." How can you watch him pitch for years and not know how to spell his name?

The Mets are using this as a salary dump, they aren't going to take on another costly RH starting pitcher.

Unlikely this goes through, and the Sox aren't going to tear down this right now, but the best they are going to do is Parada and that is unlikely.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do know. You don't know, because you are an idiot. It's also "Giolito." How can you watch him pitch for years and not know how to spell his name?

The Mets are using this as a salary dump, they aren't going to take on another costly RH starting pitcher.

Unlikely this goes through, and the Sox aren't going to tear down this right now, but the best they are going to do is Parada and that is unlikely.
You know what? That's the best you've got, huh? A spelling error? What an arrogant POS you are.. Guess what, shit for brains? I brought out the possibility that the Sox could be interested in a trade for a catcher from the Mets and mentioned Hendricks as a possibility and guess what, sure as shit, a couple of days later trade talks are actually taking place.

I'm done with your sorry ass, Danity. This was strike two with you and your asinine posts and you only get two and your out. You are just an arrogant and very stupid a-hole. The fact that the last thing the Mets owner gives a shit about is spending money on players has proven too complex for your tiny brain to process. I brought up a legitimate trade possibility for discussion. Instead of discussing it civilly you complain about a typo and once again prove yourself to be a dickhead. Go ahead and talk to yourself.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You know what? That's the best you've got, huh? A spelling error? What an arrogant POS you are.. Guess what, shit for brains? I brought out the possibility that the Sox could be interested in a trade for a catcher from the Mets and mentioned Hendricks as a possibility and guess what, sure as shit, a couple of days later trade talks are actually taking place.

I'm done with your sorry ass, Danity. This was strike two with you and your asinine posts and you only get two and your out. You are just an arrogant and very stupid a-hole. The fact that the last thing the Mets owner gives a shit about is spending money on players has proven too complex for your tiny brain to process. I brought up a legitimate trade possibility for discussion. Instead of discussing it civilly you complain about a typo and once again prove yourself to be a dickhead. Go ahead and talk to yourself.
Didn't realize you are so sensitive. Go ahead off to your safe space, I'm sure it's nice and warm there. You left our other discussion and wet your pants when I brought up data to support my point as well, not surprising here. I will try not to hurt your feelings anymore.

They aren't trading Alvarez for Hendriks. They traded McCann for literally nothing (player to be named later) to the Orioles this morning. They have two bums, Sox cast off Omar Narvaez and a journeyman named Tommy Nido. Alvarez is on the 40 man and they pretty clearly think he is closer than Parada. Doesn't make much sense for them to trade him.

The possibility of trading for a Mets catching prospect was being discussed on Soxtalk before Saturday.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Didn't realize you are so sensitive. Go ahead off to your safe space, I'm sure it's nice and warm there. You left our other discussion and wet your pants when I brought up data to support my point as well, not surprising here. I will try not to hurt your feelings anymore.

They aren't trading Alvarez for Hendriks. They traded McCann for literally nothing (player to be named later) to the Orioles this morning. They have two bums, Sox cast off Omar Narvaez and a journeyman named Tommy Nido. Alvarez is on the 40 man and they pretty clearly think he is closer than Parada. Doesn't make much sense for them to trade him.

The possibility of trading for a Mets catching prospect was being discussed on Soxtalk before Saturday.
Plus McCann had a no trade clause with white Sox on it