Another BG thread: U think BG using Detroit?

cool007

Liked Posts:
You know what IMO, I just don't see BG a Good fit for Detroit even if they trade Rip to some team and have BG all the minutes the world.

I think Stuckey and BG backcourt just don't work as Stuckey is NOT a PG IMO, or not a PG who looks to pass first or a good enough distributor.

I think all BG wants to do is make Pistons make an offer for like $10mil a year or something so that he can come back to Bulls and show what he is really worth and then take the $9mil per year from Bulls (and give home discount) and continue playing with Bulls and alongside Rose.

BG is a smart player and he knows that Pistons are not going anywhere and their future doesn't look all that good while Bulls already have good young players and a franchise player in Rose (a buddying star player) where BG can spend his prime years playing for a team that has a lot of promise and a chance to land that BIG FREE AGENT in 2010.

He just can't convince Bulls to offer that contract again that they offered last year since they are worried about the lux tax but if BG comes back with the contract offer higher than what Bulls offered so he can show what he is actually worth, then Bulls might go for it.

I just hope this is true and Bulls do make an offer for 6 years $54mil or $55mil and BG signs it and we go on with the life.

:laugh:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think you might be on to something. But if BG was fed up with the whole situation and signed the first contract he gets to, I don't really blame him...

cool007

Liked Posts:
the_future420 wrote:
That would be ideal. But it almost seems too good to be true.

OR

Is it???

Chris Broussard:

Broussard just on ESPNNews said Detroit offering 5 years worth 10 or 11 million. Ben telling friends he wants to stay in Chicago and Bulls want to retain him. He said Bulls don't have to match the offer, but have to get somewhere in the area. My guess is 9 million year, which said Gordon would be thrilled with. He also said he's leaning towards Gordon staying, but Detroit might just way overpay jut because this is their number 1 guy

Why Bulls front office is always so quiet and never get anything done other than that stupid Wallace signing.

:angry:

cool007

Liked Posts:
Wade: Bulls Should Re-Sign Gordon

A few of the league's best scorers believe that the Bulls would be making a mistake if they allow Ben Gordon to sign elsewhere.

"Ben is one of the best scorers that we have in our league," said Dwyane Wade, who led the NBA with 30.2 points per game last season.

"It is hard to say that you shouldn't re-sign him. I mean, he is one of those players who is very rare to come by. I think [the Bulls] are going to do what's best for the team, and you don't know what their plans are. I am sure they are going to do what's best for the organization. And Ben has to do what's best for him, as well."

Gordon led the Bulls with 20.7 points per game this past season.

"Ben Gordon is very unique with what he brings," said Danny Granger, who averaged 25.8 points for the Pacers. "I think he is only about 6-1 or 6-2 [although listed as 6-3). So he is under-sized for the shooting guard position. But he can score the ball with the best of them. And I think that can always be used on any team. I compare him a lot to Jason Terry [of the Dallas Mavericks]. Ben is not the prototypical size, but his ability to score the ball is unprecedented. So I think [the Bulls] need him.

"You know, Derrick Rose, who I am a big fan of ... I think he is going to be a great player in the league. ... But I really think they need Ben. You know what you're going to get from Ben. He will give you 20-plus points a game if you give him the minutes. If you have a player like that who can score, you have to keep him around."

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
They get things done, they are not going to overpay for BG...period.

cool007

Liked Posts:
What is overpaying for BG in your opinion???

I personally can go upto $10mil a year but if it's $11mil per year or more than it would be tough.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I agree with that...but if they don't want him back, then they just don't want him back.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think that if bulls don't give AT LEAST 5/50, we have reason to be angry at JR. otherwise it might be climbing a bit.

although the market hasn't been shown yet. ten might be hard in this economy, which could keep gordon from being signed until the salary cap is established