Another expert pick on the upcoming draft

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
The Bears pick offensive tackle Tevin Jenkins from Oklahoma State, at least that's what Mel Kiper thinks and of course if he says so it must be true!

Reactions: DC

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I saw a mock, 4get from where/who, that had Bears taking a D player in 1st. Holy crap that would be awful.
QB or OL... if a run happens on those 2 positions, hopefully a stud WR falls to 20.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Leatherwood

Not a huge huge fan but the oline needs nastiness(and has for a while). While I don't think he can play LT; RT is an option and guard would be a fallback

Pair him with a LT pick who is more of a pass blocker like Cosmi/Eichenberg and the 4 guys in the middle (daniels, whitehair, bars, Mustipher) plus a cheap 1 year vet fa who can play center and same at swing tackle and id be satisfied with those as our picks 1 & 2 and that group as the 8 man oline with hambright, Simmons, dieter on the PS

greg23

Liked Posts:
A medium huge fan?

More like a small medium fan.

His big and powerful and may not be able to handle speed edge guys in the nfl....but we need size and nastiness and if he fails at rt he's a good replacement for either guy at guard in 2022 (esp whitehair at that salary)

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any offensive lineman > reach at QB.

Liked Posts:
Are we discussing what we THINK they will do or what they SHOULD do?

Should:
BPA of OL provided there hasn’t been a massive run. If yes go BPA of who is left.

Think:
Pace will trade up to draft a slot corner because he’s stupid.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More like a child's extra large fan.

His big and powerful and may not be able to handle speed edge guys in the nfl....but we need size and nastiness and if he fails at rt he's a good replacement for either guy at guard in 2022 (esp whitehair at that salary)

FIFY

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I want a QB, BUT, if the top 4 are gone, taking a OL and possibly trading back into the bottom of the first to take Jones/Trask would be a good alternative.

I'm not a GM, but I want them to take a shot this year at improving the QB room.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Hicks, Fuller get cut--a defensive pick wouldnt shock me.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of boards have us taking Darisaw from VT. They’d be crazy not to go tackle there, there are more than a few I’d be happy with.