Any golfers on here??

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hit the range with my kids. My seven year old hit it about 10 yards while my ten year old about 30 yards. Im going to get them a youth set

So I got to hit about 15 balls. Nice to know I don't need graphites yet.

That said golf is not like riding a bike. Had three quality shots, two massive slices and the rest toppers. Not good at all. My drive in air at the range is now 180

Don't get old boys

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I do overswing but my hands aren't used to staying closed. I have weaker wrists. Planning on hitting balls possibly tomorrow morning at wedgewood

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I like those Joliet PD courses. My roommate from college moved off Gouger in Nuevo Lenox. Not sure which one it is but I have to hit it up with him soon.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your hands and possibly your weight not shifting forward can also cause slices.

My wife has an exam on Tuesday so there was no opportunity for golf this week, but I did manage 120 balls or so at the range this morning and it went really well!! I'll be heading back tomorrow for some more practice and then I have a round on Thursday and another on Friday :)

I also bring my daughter to the range, but she only hits a dozen balls or so, then she goes and plays in the practice sand bunkers.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much is a green fee in general where you guys are? I pay on avg 40-70$ on weekdays and that usually includes a cart, but I try to walk with my pull cart as much as I can. Some nicer courses are 100+, but I rarely play those.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How much is a green fee in general where you guys are? I pay on avg 40-70$ on weekdays and that usually includes a cart, but I try to walk with my pull cart as much as I can. Some nicer courses are 100+, but I rarely play those.

About the same here.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the mid priced courses myself, nice greens and usually nice fairways(not that I play from the fairway much). I don't like the cheap courses, the ground is usually way too hard and so are the greens and It makes for unrealistic golf IMO. The expensive courses are the shit, if I could afford playing that all the time, I would!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I like the mid priced courses myself, nice greens and usually nice fairways(not that I play from the fairway much). I don't like the cheap courses, the ground is usually way too hard and so are the greens and It makes for unrealistic golf IMO. The expensive courses are the shit, if I could afford playing that all the time, I would!

Where in canada are you? I saw some pics of some beautiful courses in British Columbia.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Check that - Banff? It's in Alberta.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where in canada are you? I saw some pics of some beautiful courses in British Columbia.

Oh fuck, BC is one of the most gorgeous place you'll ever visit. But they're all 100$+ to play, but the views you get from the mountains is insane!

I live in London Ontario, I'm playing Forest city National on Thursday and Echo Valley on Friday. Great value for golfers within a 2hr radius from here compared to "out west".

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually proposed to my wife about 10 min from that course, haha!