Any golfers on here??

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I like the mid priced courses myself, nice greens and usually nice fairways(not that I play from the fairway much). I don't like the cheap courses, the ground is usually way too hard and so are the greens and It makes for unrealistic golf IMO.

Can be. In Chicago we have some pretty decent cheap ones

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can be. In Chicago we have some pretty decent cheap ones

When I was in Chicago about 4/5 years ago, I played one of the park district courses but I can't remember the name of it. It was decent except for the sand traps, they were more like cement, lol.

I see lots of golf Michigan ads up here, fantastic prices and very nice courses.

Anyone heading out this week? I'm golfing with my wife Thursday and in a golf foursome Friday morning!!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hit up the Par 3 course. Was gonna hit balls, but I figured 9 holes would be better.

Lots of 4s and a 5.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hit a large bucket this morning, like usual it went fairly well. Now hopefully I can bring those nice strokes to the course today and tomorrow. I'll report back later to tell you guys how it went.

Fish, sometimes a par 3 course like that is the best practice IMO. No driver practice, but lots of mid to short irons practice, chipping and putting too.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
86 today, I hit a lot of solid shots but couldn't make a putt to save my life. Also had 3 birdie putts turned into 3 putts and a boogie?!?! Those really piss me off!!! However my focus was hitting solid shots and I accomplished that, so I'm pretty happy with my round.

I'll post tomorrow's results as well.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
86 today, I hit a lot of solid shots but couldn't make a putt to save my life. Also had 3 birdie putts turned into 3 putts and a boogie?!?! Those really piss me off!!! However my focus was hitting solid shots and I accomplished that, so I'm pretty happy with my round.

I'll post tomorrow's results as well.
U r a way better golfer than prob anyone on board

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
U r a way better golfer than prob anyone on board

Meh, I don't really care about that, I just like to golf and talk about golf too :)

Plus my year off really put me behind the 8 ball, but I'm "slowly but surely" regaining form and confidence.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My chipping is pretty good, it saves my ass lots :)

Last edited:

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What was your handicap?

I never really kept it, but I'd flirt with the 70's most rounds. I'm hoping to shoot low 80's tomorrow, I think I'll be heading in the right direction if I do, IMO. Last time I played there I shot an 84 and had 2 birdies ... So I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

I am tracking my handicap now with the "golf logix" app, it's a GPS, score keeping little gizmo and it's pretty handy, IMO.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
86 again today, I opened up with a triple and a double after having a great warmup ... I was pretty pissed!! 3rd hole is a par 5 with a long sweeping dogleg to the right off an elevated tee(about 80 feet) and a perfect setup for my slicing driver. Hit it pretty well and it faded right in the middle of the fairway about 185 to the pin and exactly what I needed at the time to shake off the first 2 holes. Hit my 5 iron just short of the green, I wasn't able to convert the chip and put for birdie, so I ended up with a par. I continued on my day of many par/bogey holes, but also too many doubles(3) and the triple obviously was a killer. All in all I'm pretty happy overall and tip my hat to the game of golf, it's a lot harder than it looks.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
When I was a lot younger I used to play right after work near O'Hare a place called Indian Boundary hole #16 was awesome. Had some massive tall trees that had on the bark painted OB. But it was not OB if you went over them and it was a decent dog leg right. I loved that hole because I could totally just reach back and swing with everything not worrying about my hands opening. If they stayed closed (about one out of every ten shots, I was on the far left for my second shot but still on the fairway. But those other nine times. Man oh man, what fun. I could take 100 yards off of the hole by clearing those trees. It's the one time I didn't mind at all how high I could hit the ball.

I really miss golf. I know at my age I'll never be a big hitter again, but maybe in ten years when my last is off to college I can start to play daily. That would be pretty sweet. Be a member at the local course.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just bought some custom fitted Ping G30's today :) just don't tell my wife, hehe!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clubs are in!!

maxresdefault.jpg

My only problem now is 3 feet of snow and -12 celcius weather ...

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a carpet set up in garage that I try to use once in a while to keep the swing kinda loose.